Sixto Rodriguez

Force Pit Member
Best answers
My brother long ago told me to watch the documentary about that guy, The search for Sugarman.

Ill cut it short because some of you might want to watch the movie:

Rodriguez released 2 commercial flop albums in the USA during the early 1970s, somehow a copy reached south africa and the guy became a superstar over there. In South Africa it was rumored that he had died on stage while setting himself on fire, others said he shot himself. He didn't know about his success until 1998, when 2 guys found him, I want elaborate about that though.

So that documentary (the search for sugarman) won the oscar and other film festivals the guy got a serious fame boost. His tour schedule is full and the guy is 70 years old now. But I am so happy such a man gets his success eventually, I truly love his music, it has message, some of it psychedelic and some of it folkish which reminds me of my love to Bob Dylan, but even though that guy has his own style/

So I finally watched it, it is amazing, and im not talking about the guy's story, it is just amazing that an amazing true artist still gets listened to this days, by people of all ages.

Just sharing

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom