Simple Sig Part 2

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, decided to have another shot at making sigs. Again, very simple, no filters. Still on the same subject (Rakka from Haibane Renmei). I think I did a better job of blending this time around, as well as choosing better pics and making them work together in an interesting orientation (and if you've seen the series you'll understand why those 2 pics work even better together). Anyway, tell me what you guys think.

Also, I'll make a new avatar while I'm at it.

-Karrde-

Best answers
I actually like that. It's weird, i didn't think I would but I do...I can't say good job bcuz u didn't do too much, (by the looks of it, but if you did i'm sry) but nice compilation!

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Funny? I hope you don't mean humorous, as this comes from a series that makes most depressing series' (like X) look happy. :p And doing too much can sometimes be bad. My goal waas to work with what the series had to offer. I took those pics from fansubs and edited them very slightly. I dind't want to add anything or mess with the spirit of Haibane Renmei.

It should be noted that Haibane Renmei has absoultely no fighting or anything. It is mostly 100% diaglogue, symbol, and metaphor. A very good series for the mature viewer. Action is mostly non existent.

-Karrde-

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
i think its a pretty cool sig. the girl is matching the background of the same color. and that is what i like. good job :)

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

-Karrde-

Best answers
Originally posted by Vegito1180
try some filters. try diff pics with some better quality
*sigh* some ppl luck out and make a sig that isn't that ugly and they think they understand art. Vegito, the point of the sig was to be simple. jeeperz, I mean, if he added filters and effects and such it would take away from it. the sig is very well done and I don't think there is much to improve on it. (there always IS ways to improve but honestly, it's fine the way it is.) I think that sig is good, even though a lot of work wasn't necessary.

Best answers
*sigh* some ppl luck out and make a sig that isn't that ugly and they think they understand art
explains you perfect

and il i gave was a crit.i think he could use some filters

Best answers
Explains me perfectly? Hello? in case you didn't know I've been makin sigs for a long time, and just bcuz I've been experimenting lately doesn't give you (aka NOOB) permission to diss an oldbie such as myself. It's called respect (which I don't expect idiots to have, such as your self). Now go away and lick urself bcuz I'm done talkin to you.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Guys, please don't turn my thread into a flame. Koblano's right that the point was to be simple. I could use filters but to me that takes away from things. It might make them look kinda cool and all but it's like adding something that doesn't really belong. Also, better quality pictures do not exist really. The only way right now to get these pictures is to pull them directly out of Virtual Dub. I couldn't even get DVD rips of what I need I don't think because I'm pretty sure that all of Haibane Renmei hasn't even been released on DVD in Japan yet. I think they have 1, maybe 2 DVDs out.

-Karrde-

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Karrde, I do like your sig. To many sigs are cluttered up and busy. this one is good in its simplicity, and it all flows together. Good Job.

Best answers
Very nice.

btw what serie did you get it from. i remember seeing something about it of the freaking oscar's so it most be good (the serie won a oscar btw :p)

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gogeta. Actually, the show that won the Oscar for best animated feature was Miyazaki's "Spirited Away". The show from which I took the pictures is called "Haibane Renmei" by Yoshi-toshi Abe (Had to add the dash because the swear filters activated on it), the same guy who made "Serial Experiments Lain" and "Niea_7".

Also, thanks for all the positive replies.

-Karrde-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom