Silencer....

Best answers
I am copying this from another forum when i posted it, basicly because i dont want to retype it, ..please read:

Now, listen up people...

/me puts on full seriousness mode

There was a game, called Silencer. Tis was the very best game in history,. better than half life, better than , well, ANY game, and absolutely no offense to the Bushido team, but ill bet u its better than the mod when it comes out. Now, you all must either think im crazy, or really want to play it. Yes, ive been pissing my pants to play it ever since it.....well....before i say what happenned. lemme say WHY it happenned and from what it happenned from. Now, if im correct, WON.net hosts all of the things that make the servers show up on the half life window. Won.net also does this for other games, including Silencer. But, one year before the trade center was destroyed (2000), Won.net was on my list of people to murder, because, .....they stopped every thing with Silencer, meaning u cant connect, cant join/create servers, nothing! Now, Silencer was origionally created by "Mind Control" (http://www.mind-control.com) (it is there only good game). Well, ever since then, me, my brother, and ALL of the silencer community, has been so f*cking pissed at won.net , because they ****ing dropped their BEST game , so no one can play it. BUT, you can still download it from http://www.mind-control.com , so you have all of the sprites, maps, etc. etc. Now on to what Silencer was like, and then the general question that this topic is made for. Silencer, is a 2d game, Now i know you all are thinking that its going to be ***, but trust me on this.. It is facing the player from a side view, and same with the map. Ur basic weapon is a blaster, which two-three shots will kill someone (without shield), but if u buy a lazer gun, like, two-three lazer shots will destroy their shield, but wont hurt their health that much, and vice versa with the blaster. Also u could get a rocket launcher, detonaters (aah, good memories of having surprised people hacking a terminal when 4 of my detonaters going off killing him), emp bomb, nuke, etc etc. It is a face paced game, especially with the jump pack (the thing on ur back that shoots out fire to make u fly, forget name right now). The object of the game is to hack terminals, once u hack enough, u get a "secret" and u need to bring it to ur base, once u get three "secrets" u win the game. U can have 2-8 people in each server, it doesnt sound like much, but a 4v4 can get VERY hectic. It can be a very strategicle game, with one of ur teammates with a flamer in side enemy base when he awaits for his enemy to come with the secret, and his friendly taking away the enemies shield, and right when he comes in his base with the secret ur teammate wipes him out with a flamer, or a poison flamer. There are also four classes, which u can upgrade. It has been my dream for the past three years (!) to play this game with other people online, and the only way i can think of one, is through the half life engine.
If you download the game, you already have all of the sprites, all of the maps (u need to convert them from .SIL though), all of the watever, its just that we would need to code it to work properly and to convert some files to a different format, so at the most it would take two months (!, not a long time) to completely port it over to the HL engine, or in easier words, make a mod on the HL engine that is an exact duplicate of silencer, infact, it would be silencer! So, my question is to the community, a little help please, is that, is any one willing to help me do this? Any one know ANYTHING that relates to modding? (moddling, anything, cause u can convert files etc) or a coder (which is the most important cause thats what we MAINLY need, well of course), and also, can people spread the word throughout the internet, please! My AIM is person dude012, and my email is [email protected] , please people, please help me, and please spread this

/me full serious mode off

*edit* im just wondering, could this be stickied? cause this is really..really...important to me.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So...what you're saying is that you want to take all of the sprites, maps, models, and concepts of one team and port it over to HL....isn't that one massive form of ripping?

Have you asked the Silencer team for their consent on this?

Even then, it is still recruiting for a mod team, and that isn't allowed on these forums. I am sorry that this has to be closed even though it means a lot to you, but the rules are clear...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom