*Sigh* This is why I didn't want EA to touch Mass Effect

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
EA's John Riccitiello didn't confine himself to announcing Wii ports during today's Q309 conference call. He also gave a release timeframe for Mass Effect 2, saying that it'll be out in early 2010.

Interestingly, he announced the game would be appearing on multiple platforms, but didn't get into specifics, leaving it unclear whether he meant the PS3 or was just referencing the release situation of the first game, which appeared on "multiple platforms" (ie the Xbox 360 & PC).
http://kotaku.com/5145813/mass-effect-2-coming-in-2010-will-be-multiplatform

Sigh. I really hope they meant 360 and PC, because seriously, in my opinion Mass Effect belongs on those two "consoles".

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't understand. He said it'll probably be on multiple platforms. What's wrong with the game appearing on multiple platforms? Doesn't affect you and more people will be able to play it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Exclusivity is seriously overrated...It's just a way for a system to force people interested in a franchise to buy that system. Worse are Vista lures, like Halo games for PC, telling us XP users we have to fork over either our current system, a few hundred bucks, or both in order to play their game, even though it would work just fine on XP if they'd simply LET it...

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Exclusivity is seriously overrated...It's just a way for a system to force people interested in a franchise to buy that system. Worse are Vista lures, like Halo games for PC, telling us XP users we have to fork over either our current system, a few hundred bucks, or both in order to play their game, even though it would work just fine on XP if they'd simply LET it...
Word.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As long as there's going to be a PC release, I couldn't care less, heh.

If they make it a 360 and PS3 exclusive, though, I'd be seriously pissed off.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You mean this can actually happen?
It's been known to happen. However, because of the sweeping, global ramifications of me getting "seriously pissed off", I had to cut a deal with the UN stating that I could only get that way if it was for a very compelling reason.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea WW2 is nothing in compare to MY loosing it ^^

In any case as long as they dont implent the same protection system than last time im happy. I mean requirement the net just so you can play the SP campahin. There are better ways to protect your investment than to have a server where the game has to log into every 10 days >.>

Oh and Dam. i know you put it in quotes but its been bugging me. The PC is not a console >.<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom