show off your pc case mods

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
any one here got any nice mods done to your case ? wanna show 'em off ?

i myself am gonna get my tools and mod my case in a week or so with lites , trilite colored fans & make a view window (all the stuff you could dream of)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
O_O i heard of fixing up a car but this is just silly o_O
*runs away*

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
haven't you seen lights in a computer before ? surely you would of seen some pics or in stores

edit: this is also a thing you will find some overclockers do

itr

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Lights are annoying IMO, the only "mods" I have done to my compaq case is dual 80mm antec intake fans...

http://img122.exs.cx/img122/1354/dsc014540zm.jpg

Some of you wondering might think "why mod a crappy compaq" Its not exactly one ;) Different stuff inside, nothing left from compaq I assure you, only the case is from compaq.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And probably the motherboard, too? I thought those big OEM companies used customized motherboards that only fit their case unless you heavily modified them.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not always, and those "customized" boards actually fall into their own form factor called NLX and another which eludes me for a moment. Most of the problems stem from the use of riser boards for PCI/ISA slots. This allows them to make the back of the case incompatable with most other form factors, even with minor modification. Dell uses (or used to use) an incompatable PSU which would send a power bad to non-dell mobo's.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cucumba said:
Not always, and those "customized" boards actually fall into their own form factor called NLX and another which eludes me for a moment. Most of the problems stem from the use of riser boards for PCI/ISA slots. This allows them to make the back of the case incompatable with most other form factors, even with minor modification. Dell uses (or used to use) an incompatable PSU which would send a power bad to non-dell mobo's.
Well, they used to. Nowadays, Dell uses normal ATX power supplies.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
casemodding is cool :D
i havent modded my current case much though -_-
selfmade window, two purple cold cathodes (sp? -- lights ... :p) and a stealthmod for my cdburner
im thinking about making my own case (yes, as in completely built it) but i need to think about some ways to realize that first >_>

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll show off my sexay red beast later on, I need to take some pics of it and move it on over to the PC.

itr

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Smith| said:
And probably the motherboard, too? I thought those big OEM companies used customized motherboards that only fit their case unless you heavily modified them.
Nope its all ATX form factor, has an Asus Mobo in there btw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom