Shots Fired

Best answers
why is there so much negativity here? are you a part of the esf development team?
There is maybe 2 people who said outright negative things, and you're immediately accusing them of being on the ESF team.
Meanwhile people who are actually on the team are giving you complements.

Calm down, take deep breaths, meditate, smoke a joint. We're not against you.

Best answers
huh? No I wasn't? I was just waiting for him to say he wasn't so I could remind him that his negativity is meaningless, and its not just this thread there is multiple, I love the developers here, They show alot of respect and are very nice people its just alot of the fans on the forums that are not the brightest of people :) But I am not mad at all haha I don't know where you got that from?

ESF Old Timer
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
why is there so much negativity here?
Thats something I wonder my self for the last few years.

First of all your concept on the unreal engine looks nice.
But its still far from done and thats something you know as well.
The reason why I prefer ESF above your project is that in ESF they keep things in basic DBZ.
No GT or worse then that.
Maybe a mix of DBZ and DBS would do better for your project.
Still your choice man.

Keep up your work.

Best answers
yeh it has Dbz and super characters I just always prefered the ssj4 form so I always use that in videos haha, In base form tho you choose if you want to wear the super or dbz gi outfit. I also know exactly what you mean by using alot of gt references in the video it will make a few people look the other way but hey you cant please everyone, Thank you for the response :)

3D Animator and Rigger!!!
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
I am not directing this towards the demo developer, so I am not gonna use names. As I am not sure rather Emudshit is the real developer or the youtube commenter.

why is there so much negativity here? are you a part of the esf development team?
I am not, no. I work with the UE4 engine with a few others so seeing what he has done thus far and stating he can match ESF's in a few months, is nonsense is what I'm getting at with my previous statement. With my current UE4 knowledge, this guy barely has anything working or going on compared to what my fellows and I have. Programming in UE4 is alot easier then what this Modified HL engine ESF is using, but with that said,doesn't mean he can do what they(ESF) have currently in a few months with what his demo has showed. He barely has any systems(coding) up and running, no models other then Rips and no real maps/levels created other then what has came with UE4 and its starter packs.

So yea, he has a little bit of a prototype going, but his leagues away from having anything like ESF does now in all aspect of development. This is more of an observation then a "negative" feedback.

Last edited:
Best answers
I am the developer :) and I respect your opinion and the only reason I would have to agree at this stage is just due to work having me come in a extra day a week now, But I still think I can match esf before the end of the year, I am not being negative I love esf, I just think I can catch up to that level :) but Like is said I respect your opinion and have nothing against esf :)

๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers

I am the developer :) and I respect your opinion and the only reason I would have to agree at this stage is just due to work having me come in a extra day a week now, But I still think I can match esf before the end of the year, I am not being negative I love esf, I just think I can catch up to that level :) but Like is said I respect your opinion and have nothing against esf :)

instead of frecking talking shitt about you can be matching esf before the year ends fix your game and give us the demo your subs are waiting for 3 days now and still we got no shitt

ESF Old Timer
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
instead of frecking talking shitt about you can be matching esf before the year ends fix your game and give us the demo your subs are waiting for 3 days now and still we got no shitt
Hmm your first post here and allready demanding for a demo that has not much to do with this board.
I dont think your post is here on the right place if you ask me.
If you have any issues feel free to pm them or go to the website/forum of his project.

@Emudshit

Well its good to see normal characters from DBZ will be in there.
But still hope you goin to remove the AF part. SSJ5?? :O
SSJ4 I can live with that since a few episodes where made.
On how many character are you thinking about to add to your game?

Best answers
Please don't embarrass yourself, I promised a demo at 25k subs and I am still on 25k subs, If you don't like it unsubscribe :) and @sting Idk yet, I think I might stop this dragonball unreal dmeo business or beta for awhile, alot of these so called fans are just ungrateful, I will stick to creating things for myself not others the way it started lol

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒน Regular Rosรฉ
Best answers
Hey look your first whinny fan crying for a release, congratulations, you just acquired an ESF feature !!

ESF Old Timer
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
@sting Idk yet, I think I might stop this dragonball unreal dmeo business or beta for awhile, alot of these so called fans are just ungrateful, I will stick to creating things for myself not others the way it started lol
Well its up to you ofcourse but personaly you shouldnt do it for them. Even here on ESF people are crying for a release or a demo.
But the ESF-Team so far stick on theyre own plans. It will be released when its done.
Also they doing it for them selfs because they like what they do.
The only thing they have chosen to do is sharing it with the people.

Thing is if you love to work on this game then keep it going on your own rate.
And there are always people crying about something.
Keep it going, hope to see more future updates.

๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
Please don't embarrass yourself, I promised a demo at 25k subs and I am still on 25k subs, If you don't like it unsubscribe :) and @sting Idk yet, I think I might stop this dragonball unreal dmeo business or beta for awhile, alot of these so called fans are just ungrateful, I will stick to creating things for myself not others the way it started lol
talking about 25 subs and you might stop dbz demo or beta for a while then dont create a dead hype you asked all your subs to spam other big youtube dbz channels and create a dead hype and now you gonna say i will stick to creating things for myself not others i respect that you take it on your own time but then dont create a ****kkkkking deadddddddddddddd hypeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee and never that you could surpass esf before the years over

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
talking about 25 subs and you might stop dbz demo or beta for a while then dont create a dead hype you asked all your subs to spam other big youtube dbz channels and create a dead hype and now you gonna say i will stick to creating things for myself not others i respect that you take it on your own time but then dont create a ****kkkkking deadddddddddddddd hypeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee and never that you could surpass esf before the years over
Enough with the name calling already. He came here to say it was more of a joke statement to clear the whole thing up and all he got in return were people snaping at him. Hes not saying hell stop working on it, hes not saying there wont be a demo. What he is saying is that his priority shifted from public gratitude focus to personal growth focus.

Best answers
I know this is my first post and a fairly new account but I'm following this project for a long time now, and I just had to say out my thoughts about this thread;D.
ANYWAYS straight to the point. It's really cool Emudshit is creating a DBZ project like that, like thumbs up man:yes:! And I can understand some of peoples aggressiveness since many of us are following this project for a long time now haha. We saw how long it took just to reach this point in development and how much the game improved over time, so saying that you can surpass it in within a month or two is a really bold statement(even if it's a joke) haha. While they need to make the game from scratch with an old engine you took modern way with a new and mod friendlier engine. Yeah people can say "If they wanted to make a good game why didn't they do it with a better and more accessible engine???" I dunno that's something they know haha. Don't get me wrong it's really cool that you are doing that! Hell... When I first saw DBUnreal I was like holyyyyyyyyyyyyy Shioit man, this is some really sick stuff, just don't stop the updates haha. Keep up the good work man! Really looking forward to your project. Cheers!

Last edited:
ESF Old Timer
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
I know this is my first post and a fairly new account but I'm following this project for a long time now, and I just had to say out my thoughts about this thread;D.
ANYWAYS straight to the point. It's really cool Emudshit is creating a DBZ project like that, like thumbs up man:yes:! And I can understand some of peoples aggressiveness since many of us are following this project for a long time now haha. We saw how long it took just to reach this point in development and how much the game improved over time, so saying that you can surpass it in within a month or two is a really bold statement(even if it's a joke) haha. While they need to make the game from scratch with an old engine you took modern way with a new and mod friendlier engine. Yeah people can say "If they wanted to make a good game why didn't they do it with a better and more accessible engine???" I dunno that's something they know haha. Don't get me wrong it's really cool that you are doing that! Hell... When I first saw DBUnreal I was like holyyyyyyyyyyyyy Shioit man, this is some really sick stuff, just don't stop the updates haha. Keep up the good work man! Really looking forward to your project. Cheers!
If you wonder why ESF is not on a more modern engine thats very simple.
This mod started many years back when HL1 was released these newer engines where not there yet.
The team always keep going on the HL1 engine to make a full release.
This is what they still do nowadays.
Alpha release was like 15 years ago.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I think I played the second beta, with the Namek map (?) and that was like 2002 or something. So yup, the game is old and it is incredible the things they have done up til now with such an old engine!

Best answers
Earth Special Forces still remains the best to me. It's been developed for a longer time and the devs team is fixing bugs and chars for its release. Also it focuses on dragonball z and doesn't add fanfiction elements or whatever... (I'm not against Gt stuff but it's up to them)

Regarding Dragonball U, i'd say it's best for the guy to keep it for himself as releasing it would imply publishing edited models from xenoverse and he could get sued for less than that (fusion animation look like ripped fbx animation played on unity)... Of course copyright on the Dragonball franchise is an issue for ESF too (I actually don't know if they planned anything to counter it). I remember a time where games like bid for power used existing models from bandai games and I do think it didn't went well at all... The problem here is the hype linked to DBU, it may attract bandai eyes on the project.

But who knows, bandai can do whatever they want as they can shut it down if they think it can bother xenoverse 2 sells or even for copyright matter like I said before.

Anyway I stick to ESF as I always have been a fan of the ginyu force. Just looking at the name earth special forces makes me wonder about how much effort they'll put to achieve skills like ginyu's body change which is still crashing in the actual release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom