shadows ingame?

Best answers
will this be implemented in later version of the game, like shadows of the characters for example?

and oh yeah, what does cl_quality actually do?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not many people look for shadows but it would be nice;)

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
It will eat system performace this is a thing thats a bit outside of the HL engines limits / Live shadows brrr

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
should be easy. just have a black sprite stay under you on the ground ;)

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hmm maybe thats a way to make it possible without a bigger system performance loss

if this is added make it deactive abel...

Best answers
Well i think there should be some other things first :p but it would be nice a shadow think it would be nicer to have the bugs fixed first :p

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yeah that woud be nice =)
let´s hope that beta 1.1 will fix the most of the buggs in beta 1.

Best answers
i dont care about detail, the only thing that matters is the gmae play and how fun it is, some detial counts, but shadows, i mena comon how pikey are we? the best games usally have the worst grapics

ex: pac-man

Best answers
Valve should cough up the Half-Life source code. It would be nice to be rid of that blasted weapon limit and such.

Best answers
pac man ur saying the best games av the worst gfx? i do not fink sooo

How did people make mods if they did not give out je source code?

Best answers
Well some games with bad GFX are good like CS, But if you look at UT2003 that game has almost the bast GFX and is a verry good game to so :)

For me ESF still rulez and i play it the most :)

Scruffie

S
I love good graphics in a game. Sometimes it can have excellent gameplay, and have horrible graphics. I just won't play it, unless it's a masterpiece, ie Pong.

:D

Best answers
Originally posted by Selsun Buu
Valve should cough up the Half-Life source code. It would be nice to be rid of that blasted weapon limit and such.
They did, its the SDK. Also if you edited the game engine everyone who playes esf will have to change it on there computers to. But i think they could have a circle shadow underthem and make it have trasparence.

Best answers
outside hl engine limitations? tanenbre is quake 1 and uses shadows bump mapping and all that good stuff. Doesnt eat much system performance to me and it looks great. Goes to show that what u believe can be false, there is no such thing as limitations to hl engine :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom