September 11th...5 Years Later

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Enough of this meaningless squabble. This is a day of remembrance, and I'll not have this thread closed or this day ruined by stupid pride in either direction.

SaiyanPrideXIX: Maybe it's because I just woke, maybe because I'm listening to music from the WTC soundtrack in the background, or maybe that your previous post was extremely inspiring, but I actually cried at that( your post)...in a good way...

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Random said:
I thought you live In Canada? What makes you think you know anything about the U.S. That type of stuff you mentioned is not limited to America alone. Go look at the dark pages of your own Country. Besides you think that stones getting thrown at a School Bus compares to this?http://www.september11victims.com/september11victims/victims_list.htm
And we already have another thread on the discussion of whos right and whos wrong. >.>

Noone can change it. Even if you went back in time and tryed to warn everyone youd get labeld insane.

But the fact remains. Violence causes more violence. Especialy round kids.

This may sound heartles of me but. It happend. You cant do a thing about it. Its best to just move on.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, ill be honest when it happened it didnt really have any impact on me whatsoever.

it was much like when my neighbor tells me his friends aunt died or something, sure it sucks that someone (or 5000 people) died, but i didnt personally know any of them, or even know anyone who did. so i didnt have to see the after-effects of it personally.

Im quite sure if anyone in my immediate family/friends had died id be singing a different tune, but thats just how it is =/.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Please keep conspiracy discussion out of the thread. It is neither the time, nor the place to bring it up.

- O.P.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Random said:
I thought you live In Canada? What makes you think you know anything about the U.S. That type of stuff you mentioned is not limited to America alone. Go look at the dark pages of your own Country. Besides you think that stones getting thrown at a School Bus compares to this?http://www.september11victims.com/se...ctims_list.htm
1) It is very ignorant to imply that because an individual lives in Country "A", they automatically know nothing about Counry "B". I hate to break it to you, we get American news coverage here too.

2) I was never implying that stones being thrown at buses is greater than 3000 deaths or whatever the number lies at. I was merely showing the one sided-ness of Pride's post. Yes, there was a lot of uniting after 9/11, but there was also an increase (key word) in segregation and discrimination, especially towards the muslim community. You completely read my post wrong.

I was merely trying to make a point. If you're going to remember 9/11, just don't forget that it also brought out a lot of bad in people. Can anyone say increased airport security and random screening tests that coincidentally screened East Indian individuals more often than Caucasian individuals?

If you did a poll Pre 9/11/01, and a poll post 9/11/01 about if people associate the word Terrorist with the word Muslim, I bet the results would be astoundingly different. Just one of the darker outcomes of 9/11.

I won't forget 9/11 either, but I also won't forget the rift it tore between two communities. Americans, and Muslim Americans. Anyone who says this didn't exist is lying to themselves.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Random said:
I thought you live In Canada? What makes you think you know anything about the U.S. That type of stuff you mentioned is not limited to America alone. Go look at the dark pages of your own Country. Besides you think that stones getting thrown at a School Bus compares to this?http://www.september11victims.com/september11victims/victims_list.htm
Just let it go, and don't argue about things better left un*****ed about.

when I first saw it in 8th grade..first period..I was completely numb about what happened. The only thing I could compare was when I was in first grade in downtown oklahoma city, 4 blocks away from the M urrah building that Timothy McVeigh bombed.

Meh..my mom's birthday is 9-11, so I don't forget anymore when I turn on TV and every channel is repeating stuff about September 11th.

Random

R
Optimus Prime said:
I was merely trying to make a point. If you're going to remember 9/11, just don't forget that it also brought out a lot of bad in people. Can anyone say increased airport security and random screening tests that coincidentally screened East Indian individuals more often than Caucasian individuals?

If you did a poll Pre 9/11/01, and a poll post 9/11/01 about if people associate the word Terrorist with the word Muslim, I bet the results would be astoundingly different. Just one of the darker outcomes of 9/11.

I won't forget 9/11 either, but I also won't forget the rift it tore between two communities. Americans, and Muslim Americans. Anyone who says this didn't exist is lying to themselves.
Increasing security targeting the ethnic group and religion responsible for the attacks I don't see as bad. Seems smart to me and if it leads to stopping another attack it is justified. If people associate the word terrorist with the word Muslim after the attacks it probably was because these were Muslim terrorists. That doesn't seem to shocking either. The evil that happned on the day of September 11th will by far outweigh and little social problems that occured afterwards.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Random said:
Increasing security targeting the ethnic group and religion responsible for the attacks I don't see as bad. Seems smart to me and if it leads to stopping another attack it is justified. If people associate the word terrorist with the word Muslim after the attacks it probably was because these were Muslim terrorists. That doesn't seem to shocking either. The evil that happned on the day of September 11th will by far outweigh and little social problems that occured afterwards.
Good and Evil is a matter of perspective.

Best answers
Oh man. It doesn't feel like 5 years to me. I remember when it happend. I had just got to school, walked into my advocate class and saw the whole room focused on the TV. When I saw what was going on, I dropped my stuff and said "What the hell?". I remember when second period started, the principal came over the PA system and cancelled all classes and told us to forget about school for the day and to focus on what was happening.

Very sad day it was. And on this day, I salute to the flag hanging in our front yard for those that lost their lives, loved ones and friends on that tragic day. I hope this makes people -remember- what were fighting for today with the war or terror. We don't need another 9/11.

*Salutes*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Random, magus post should have been an informal warning for you to shut the hell up.

anyone who thinks it was an attack just against the U.S. or that it is personal only to the people residing in that country, are stuck up, egocentric idiots. and THOSE are the kinds of people that are WHY these attacks are made.

it wasnt an attack against the united states at all, it was an attack on every nation who promotes freedom of expression, against democracy, and against, more importantly, the free people of the world.

i doubt very much, that there were only americans in the WTC. im gonna go ahead and say that there were probably even a whole bunch of muslims, africans, japanese, chinese, europeans, and many more in there. to say it was an attack on one nation alone is stupid. so shut up, and go learn.

on a personal note, i had family who were supposed to be there that day, but didnt make it for one reason or another, and yes im glad. when i got home and saw it on the news, i thought it was a dramatisation, it didnt feel real at all. but when it really did sink in, the first thing i did was call my uncle phil and make sure he was ok.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Random said:
It is that mentality that has led us as a people astray. Its ok to feel bad about what happened, and its ok to be angry. However, don't let that anger cloud your judgement. There are far more peaceful muslims on this planet than there are hostile. If muslim extremists did indeed commit this "crime" (obviously this term is relative to the observer), you have to ask yourself "Why did they do this?" Nothing is as it seems and sometimes Occam's Razor doesn't apply or is wrong. Don't condemn all muslims because you've been told we were attacked by Islamic radicals.

We need to remember the way we felt when we realized people were in danger. We have to come together as a people, but we can't focus on the anger or hatred and allow it to control us, to think irrationally, especially if it is misplaced. What made the aftermath of 9/11 special wasn't that we were united in our decision to destroy what we believed to be an imminent threat, but in our decision to forget about what separated us, to forget about what made us different. Don't be a puppet or a tool. For your sake, but most importantly for all of ours.

@ Axman: While I agree that this was most certainly an attack against freedom, I disagree on who perpetrated the attacks. This was an attack on America. Not on the freeworld. Either this event was supposititious in that it wasn't orchestrated by who they say it was, or this was payback for everything we've done in that particular region. The reasoning behind the other terrorist attacks were because of their support of America in it's war. No one hates freedom. Don't let the propaganda fool you.

Random

R
Mad_AxMan said:
Random, magus post should have been an informal warning for you to shut the hell up.

anyone who thinks it was an attack just against the U.S. or that it is personal only to the people residing in that country, are stuck up, egocentric idiots. and THOSE are the kinds of people that are WHY these attacks are made.

it wasnt an attack against the united states at all, it was an attack on every nation who promotes freedom of expression, against democracy, and against, more importantly, the free people of the world.

i doubt very much, that there were only americans in the WTC. im gonna go ahead and say that there were probably even a whole bunch of muslims, africans, japanese, chinese, europeans, and many more in there. to say it was an attack on one nation alone is stupid. so shut up, and go learn.

You go shut up and learn you ****ing piece of ****. I have an opinion and I will say it. The buildings were on one nation. Don't give me your bull**** about it being an attack on everybody. They targeted America! You have no idea what you talking about. Shoot yourself.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Random said:
You go shut up and learn you ****ing piece of ****. I have an opinion and I will say it. The buildings were on one nation. Don't give me your bull**** about it being an attack on everybody. They targeted America! You have no idea what you talking about. Shoot yourself.
Ok, get out of this thread. Warning for you. Lee wasn't making a direct attack against you, just a generalization of how a general stereotype people have toward the event, chill. This thread ws to pay tribute to the day or something, so keep it like that, no one toss anymore political bull**** in the air if you all know what's good for you.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
9/11 never should have happened, but I guess it would have only been a matter of time before Al Qaeda decided to strike back at the Western world.

I fear the day may never come that we will truly eradicate terrorism.

Best answers
Random said:
You're wrong. Extremists didn't just target this country, they targetted Western Civilization itself. This struggle is a clash of ideals. Everything we do is in opposition to what they believe, and in many ways everything they do is in opposition to what we believe.

But speaking of the tradgedy itself, it was evil. No human can look at thousands of innocent civilians trying to make ends meet murdered and think anything but the sheer amount of evil it would have taken to do something like that.

The attack brought all countries together. As much as this attack reminded us of the evil that people are capable of, it also showed the good. Not just in Americans, but in all people as well.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Considering Spain and Britain were also targetted, you can't say it was just aimed at the States.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
**** terrorists

yeah alot of people think all muslims hate america but its not true. when people tihnk of muslims they think of... irani terrorist guys hating america, they think of a race of people. islam is just a religion.

there are plenty of muslims, not just afghani terrorist guys.

even in iowa we have a large african muslim group. they are pretty nice guys.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Chris` said:
freshman in Prout (stfu Kurt).
LOL YOU WENT TO PROUT? LOL

on topic:

Wow, this thread was derailed fairly quickly. o_o

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Good going supporting the cause there Kurt.

In other news can we get off of trying to teach each other why 9/11 happened? The conflicts between "western civilization" and "extremists" have existed for decades and there are political reasons that you are all skipping over regardless of whether there is a fundamental moral issue. Either way, none of it changes what happened, and that isn't what this thread is about, so let's keep it respectful.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
frsrblch said:
Considering Spain and Britain were also targetted, you can't say it was just aimed at the States.
As stated by the terrorists, they were targetted for supporting the actions of the United States.

It would probably take another horrible disaster to bring us together again. Its a damn shame, really. Even then the unity won't last long enough to be something truly meaningful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom