Scouter Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Discord Member
Best answers
Hi guys:D, ESF is really a great game:smile:, here is a new suggestion about the scouter :

as we know, the scouter works on esf 1.2.3 like a radar that senses the enemies or friends even dragon balls, and it presents them in the scouter's screen as squares with different sizes and colors. but now since you're going to make a whole new release i thinks it's time to surpass this, so for replacing the old method i suggest to make another scouter method for indicating or locating players, why don't you make the scouter work as it appears in dbz, i mean a scouter that works with arrows, even if the player is so far (in the extreme place of a map) from the player that uses the scouter, the scouter shows arrows on its screen for the player to follow using the mouse to look to the direction wich is determined by the scouter, the arrows can be vertical or horizontal depending on the place of the target, look the video below it can make it easier to understand exactly between 1:33 & 1:50

[video=youtube;9CwuNzkvbIs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CwuNzkvbIs[/video]

i really wish you understand what i want to say.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Because in DBZ they never had 10 people flying round all the time. Imagine the arrow confusion. Besides its simple and it works just as fine, if not better.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea, If I remember correctly, Frieza on Namek had to press a button to scan every area and only brought up like 2 or 3 at a time.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
I suggested some time ago something better , in my opinion.

Replace scouter's with a sensing mode sort of. Like you hold X pressed and you start seeing auras where other players are.

For example, if a huge powerlevel was N miles away from you in the direction you re facing , you would see a huge glow there. The glow would be proportional to the PL difference . Perhaps add different colors to the glow depending on the character/team of those players.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
Scouters eventually became irrelevant once people figured out how to suppress their power level. The sensing thing sounds allot better.

Discord Member
Best answers
The scouter doesn't have to pick up every power arround just one by one. to make easy as Lexis said a button will solve the problem.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
The scouter doesn't have to pick up every power arround just one by one. to make easy as Lexis said a button will solve the problem.
So people would be constantly holding down one button just so that they can follow their opponent, because the scouter wouldnt work otherwise?

Let me remind you that ESF 1.2.3 moves at snail speeds compared to the Final. That will make the scouter a more important tool, than what it was in 1.2.3 So it has to be simple, and effective. Both of which the radar is. Along with the added effect of it showing if the opponent is higher or lower than you VIA icons and showing incomming attacks.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
my idea kinda is based on 1.2.3 only though,

But it would be nice to see ppl only show up on the radar if they use turbo/ssj.
normal without turbo shouldn't show up imo.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
New radar system sounds legit. Mayhap everyone just wants something overly flashy? How about some new suggestions. OH! Maybe the raidar can flash you a picture of the person you lock onto or something so you can see what class they are from a distance Or show you a miniature of the player model you have your crosses over, that way you can see if they are readying an attack from a distance. Meh.. but glowy stuffs give that away already. Man you guys have it covered! Just.. good job!

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
New radar system sounds legit. Mayhap everyone just wants something overly flashy? How about some new suggestions. OH! Maybe the raidar can flash you a picture of the person you lock onto or something so you can see what class they are from a distance Or show you a miniature of the player model you have your crosses over, that way you can see if they are readying an attack from a distance. Meh.. but glowy stuffs give that away already. Man you guys have it covered! Just.. good job!
Remember those big heads next to the crosshairs that everyone was complaining about. Those were a place holder ^^

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Ah well, seeing as ESF is (hopefuly atleast) in it's final stages of development, I seriously doubt any suggestion will go trough ...

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
Remember those big heads next to the crosshairs that everyone was complaining about. Those were a place holder ^^
Do you guys have wings and wands? Cause I know more than a few wishes have come true since y'all started ^,,^

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Any hints on what the new targets will look like?

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Any hints on what the new targets will look like?
Not really.

Those are tied in to the HUD system. And as such are pretty much customizable by the people making the HUDs. Meaning different HUDs result in different target effects and all that. Heck ive been toying with the idea to make a HUD that tinds your entire screen green/pink with white lettering for the rest of the HUD that would resemble the scene where Raditz/who ever else did it looks though the scouter.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Heck ive been toying with the idea to make a HUD that tinds your entire screen green/pink with white lettering for the rest of the HUD that would resemble the scene where Raditz/who ever else did it looks though the scouter.

I would honestly be very sad if a HUD like that didn't make it into the final build considering how customizable you say the HUD is.

๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
I actually like the sensing Ki thingy. Combine that with the arrow-pointer suggestion making the arrows appear only for
close range targets (perhaps only the ones you're currently fighting with) and using the Ki Sense for locating long range targets.
Would be nice too to implement some alarm system on the Scouter that ticks when someone is increasing his PL at a fast rate.

Best answers
I suggested some time ago something better , in my opinion.

Replace scouter's with a sensing mode sort of. Like you hold X pressed and you start seeing auras where other players are.

For example, if a huge powerlevel was N miles away from you in the direction you re facing , you would see a huge glow there. The glow would be proportional to the PL difference . Perhaps add different colors to the glow depending on the character/team of those players.
I completely agree, scrap the scouters and go for this idea ^.

Death from Above
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't necro post please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom