Scariest game you ever played.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What game scared you the most out of the games you've played?

Me = Silent Hill 2

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's a very tough question..

I can't say, exactly, but a few games that did scare me were Half-Life, Half-Life 2 (Goddamn mother****ing headcrab spider ****ers, I ****ing HATE spiders), Drakan 2 (more ****ing spiders!) and Ocarina of Time's Shadow Temple was kinda creepy.. ghosts whispering Hyrule's bloody past into your ear.. and probably one or two other games I can't put my finger on right now.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Resident Evil 1 at first, now it's the REmake. RE2 holds a special place too.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
You have not seen scary until you play Thief 3 (Dark Shadows) asylum level at night with headphones on.

It's absolutely terrifying. Especially when you get up to the attic. And later in the flooded basement. o_o and later with the dudes with metal cages over their faces who run at you screaming.

I rest my case X_X

Best answers
Lol that sounds more like painkillers asylum level to me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Suffering while playing at night with the lights turned off (stupid sudden laud violin sounds with scary images).

Best answers
Silent Hill games. By far the scariest games ever. The incredibly bizarre story line, and the horrific Pyramid Head *shivers* make SH2 the scariest one out of the bunch though.

The Suffering deserves a mention aswell. It didn't make me feel that uncomfortable (the character you play as is hard as nails) but the general story line, atmosphere and your own character are quite sinister. Also, they pulled off dealing with insanity very well. I was constantly trying to figure out how much of what happens in the game is real, and how much is all in the main characters head.

Also, I'll decide after I've played the demo, but I get the feeling that FEAR is going to take the number one spot when it's release :D

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
A poor monitor + Alien Vs Predator 2 = Scaryness Omega. o_O

I'm not even kidding, because of the crapness of my monitor I had trouble seeing even in normal light. The first part of being a Marine, crossing this outdoors bit to get to the base, I could just barely see what was five feet in front of me and no more.

I crawl around the base like a near-sighted old man, nearly walking into the skinned corpses of scientists and other marines. There's this constant beeping on the motion detectors which I realise, after 15 minutes of terror, is the movement of a chain. Finally, after being spooked by all matter of bugs, I manage to get inside. Amongst the corpses I finally find a station I can use.. then the screaming begins.

The door I had just came through locks down and I hear a fierce pounding outside, on top of screams and radio chatter. The door bulges towards me, I'm training my rifle at it and shaking in my computer chair.

Then the ventilation shaft on my left bursts open and Aliens start pouring into the room.

I fight my way through the shaft, unleashing everything I've got, occasionally just firing of a grenade because I'm too scared to think. After being attacked half a dozen times I finally work my way out.. into pitch black. The motion detector is ringing off the chart, my health is in the red, and I'm running, firing into shadows, for the light at the end of the corridor.

I manage to spot a couple running towards me as I run backwards, I fire a grenade that nearly takes me with them and don't even care.

The light. Except it isn't escape, it isn't sanctuary. It's just one light that didn't burn out with the rest. I'm stuck in the middle of enemy terriotory, the screams of creatures I can't even see echoing in my ears, and I don't know how to get out.

And the click of talons on metal approaches once again.

. . .

That was the most I've ever been scared of a computer game.

Best answers
I would have to say Resident Evil 3. The first time i played, the game actually had me crying in fear once, it was that scary for me. It took me 4 months to beat it because i had to back off it every once in a while, and i couldn't play it while i was alone either, it was essential that my dad was there with me. It also left me with a few sleepless nights actually. Just the thought of being chased by nemesis again constantly, not knowing when or where he's going to pop up just brings back unwanted memories of my first survival horror video game experince. To this day, i still wish i never played that game during that age, that's definitely a huge regret for me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh **** I just remembered what the scariest game was for me.

7 Days A Stranger.

It's a fan-made point-and-click horror adventure, with an exceptionally well-written story and realistic characters. I swear to God, that stupid game had me looking over my shoulders every 10 seconds, and I've been playing violent and scary games for many, many years now.

If anyone's interested, PM me. I highly recommend it if you're into horror.

Best answers
Kurt said:
You have not seen scary until you play Thief 3 (Dark Shadows) asylum level at night with headphones on.

It's absolutely terrifying. Especially when you get up to the attic. And later in the flooded basement. o_o and later with the dudes with metal cages over their faces who run at you screaming.

I rest my case X_X
Amen to that

I'm not much of a horror fan, but that was just nuts, too bad the latter part (with the ghosts) was way less scary.

Thief 1 had pretty scary levels too, but the craddle was way above that (tho I still hate them zombies from thief 1, they groan so nasty D:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm surprised nobody mentioned Doom 3 yet, but I guess that means it's not that scary compared to other games out there.
Anyhoo, the first half of the game was really scary imo, after that it got repetitive and predictable.
Complete darkness, lights going on and off, weird noises... no thanks ~_~

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
I never find things scary anymore but when first playing through Resident Evil 2 I did jump when that licker burst through the one-way mirror. Alien Vs Predator could be scary as the marine ".......beep.........beep....beep...beep...beepbeepbeepbeep *squelchynoise*" and then a face hugger suddenly appearing on the screen.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My favorite to play was Doom III but I considered that more of an action game with a horror edge. Doom is good on the first run but the scares kind of melt off after that; oince you get about halfway through the game things like the pulsing walls, strange voices, and random monsters become common enough that they aren't scary. Still my fave, though I acknowledge that gap.

Really I was horrified by the second portion of Resident Evil 2, where that weird unstoppable dude kept popping up suddenly. It was laid out really well, even to the point where I was on the third floor of the police building and said "No way he can get up here," yet I saw his hand grab onto the edge of the balcony and climb up not a moment later.

I think I would have to say Silent Hill 3 scared me the most, especially towards the end. Some of the imagery...

...Mirror Room for the win. Nuff said.

Best answers
Jakut said:
The Suffering while playing at night with the lights turned off (stupid sudden laud violin sounds with scary images).
Agreed

The Suffering RE3 and (belieave it or not) DMC1

late at night like at around 3am pisst drunk with all the lights out on a 52 inch TV Full blast with no one home but you and its ur first time playing it

i was like underneath my bed covering my eye's and stuff and the demons from the game are under the bed with me smokin weed and **** drinkin 40's tellin me where to go like **ay ***** take a left around this corner**

O_O

Ice Cream God
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Silent Hill 2 scared me ****less. I never actually beat it cause i couldnt convince myself to sit down with it long enough. The Nemesis in RE3 was damn scary to. I didnt know he could knock down walls before i played >_>

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Painkiller, that part in the mental institution, thats so ****ed up.

Not THE scariest, but pretty freaky.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Soul Punisher said:
I would have to say Resident Evil 3. The first time i played, the game actually had me crying in fear once, it was that scary for me. It took me 4 months to beat it because i had to back off it every once in a while, and i couldn't play it while i was alone either, it was essential that my dad was there with me. It also left me with a few sleepless nights actually. Just the thought of being chased by nemesis again constantly, not knowing when or where he's going to pop up just brings back unwanted memories of my first survival horror video game experince. To this day, i still wish i never played that game during that age, that's definitely a huge regret for me.
same for me. I was 12 when I first started playing it, and it's one scary ass game. I managed to get to the part where you meet Carlos on the train that's soon to be engulfed in flames. I never got passed that part, in fact, i think it's still on my memory card.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow. I found RE3 to be the least scariest game of all the RE classics (meaning...not 4). I played it and Nemesis wasn't scary at all. Just an annoying obstacle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom