Save 1.2

Best answers
I think 1.2.4 is an awesome idea. Maybe a few little changes wouldn't hurt either, like the 3d menu or even just the new sprites?

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
1.2.4 shud just be a bug fix and most importantly, an in-game tutorial

Gon

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hello. I've decided to come check up on ESF today and I read your post Sub. A tutorial would have been nice, but the skill levels between newbies and pros is too great. The team did create a tutorial as you already probably know, but most people who don't want to read it usually won't stay in ESF long.

The main problem in my opinion is that this mod was created on a half-life engine, most people play FPS games.. and ESF is a fast action fighting game.

There are some who can adapt to this new style, but generally most mods out there are FPS or shooting games for casual players. ESF is probably the fastest action mod on the half-life engine.

At first I thought the idea of 1.3 would be pretty bad, but the team slowing down some of the game play makes sense. Casual gamers can also play 1.3, maybe possibly attracting more players, but for now.. 1.3 is still in development and 1.2 is suffering player losses because the game play is too fast and not getting new players and there aren't many updates.

I know ESF was extremely popular in the 1.1 days and it was even faster than 1.2, but.. the only players who played 1.1 were pros. Newbies just got knocked out of the ranks. Now the ESF community is just made mostly of pros and old-school players. If 1.2 really looks like it's going to be the last version, I guess the community really is dead.

In all, I'm suggesting to just wait for 1.3. or maybe a 1.2.4 version.. if that's ever created.

-Gon

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
/me wonders if it would be possible to create a amxx based tutorial plugin
Then we could let special "tutorial" servers run 24/7
Possible ? Check.

Boring to do ? Check.

I've been playing this since 1.0. Went at the very top in a matter of month and quit the game. So no, just play like others used to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom