Saucegay [WIPPERS]

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

First face that's almost completed. I know it looks like total ass, but it's pretty good for a starter, I guess :p.

More to come soon, gonna move on to the body eventually D:

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The nose looks a bit weird. As in to big. But nice start ^^

Best answers
I'm not one to do character models much anymore, but try to keep it all in quads.

Go to google images and look for "Face Topology" for an idea of how it should flow around the eyes/nose/mouth.

I've always found it best to start with the eyes, then the mouth, then move up to the nose. Leave the rest till those areas are correct, then start building out the rest of the face.

check this out aswell:

http://media.photobucket.com/image/face edge loop/Monkey_Knife_Fight/EdgeLoop1.jpg

should help you out with keeping the mesh clean :)

Good start, keep it up!

Glodey

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not one to do character models much anymore, but try to keep it all in quads.

Go to google images and look for "Face Topology" for an idea of how it should flow around the eyes/nose/mouth.

I've always found it best to start with the eyes, then the mouth, then move up to the nose. Leave the rest till those areas are correct, then start building out the rest of the face.

check this out aswell:

http://media.photobucket.com/image/face edge loop/Monkey_Knife_Fight/EdgeLoop1.jpg

should help you out with keeping the mesh clean :)

Good start, keep it up!

Glodey
OMG I love you!!!!
That's simple image explained so many things...

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
aye, I came across that image months ago, taught me lot too.

Nose is weird dam, told ya already D:

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
first, use references.

second, start drawing, a lot. i'm not the best artist when it comes to drawing, but i know how important it is when it comes to form and proportion. i've done a little animated paintover, nothign too fancy.

1. your mesh.
2. your mesh, with a grid laid over the top, this should give you an idea of the basic form that a human head should follow.
3. your mesh with a more advanced grid, still very blocky, shows the beginning of "flow", but the more important thing, is that it shows the directional planes you should be looking at when it comes to a face.
4. the grid on it's own.
5. a sketch over the top of the grid to show how a head should look when proportioned (almost) correctly.

keep it up, you've learned how to use the tools, now learn how to apply them. at this point, your focus should be more on getting the shape right, than nailing the polyflow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom