Sars..

Best answers
Guys..I know this is impolite..but are you scared of SARS? cause seriously you think those painting masks can help? I mean seriously..You still breathe in air wtf..Tell me your opinion...its scary..O_O

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Taki
cause seriously you think those painting masks can help? I mean seriously..You still breathe in air wtf..
Those are not painting masks. Those are medical masks and yes they will keep out the virus. Anyway I live in ottawa and luckly there is only one person who MAY have it but in toronto it is another thing. I really hope this gets cleared up soon. I haev heard that doctors in China have found a way to cure the virus with the antibodies of people who had it but got over it. The only problem with this is that other things vcan be transfered as well like HIV and hepetitus C.

Best answers
Ya. I think here in Toronto it was hardest hit with the virus other then where it originated. I'm not too scared though. I'm never around the places where people have been infected. And the only time I did go to one of those places, the mall was almost empty. So very little chance of catching anything there. I have yet to see anyone wearing those masks. I didn't hear about a cure either. I guess I should read the paper more considering I do nothing at work anyways :p

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Does anyone else think the government is hoping we wont notice the timing? I mean, if it looks like biological warfare, and it quacks like terrorism, is it really pnumonia?

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't really care about it. I live on Prince Edward Island, Canada and we have 4 suspected cases of it. If I got it, I wouldn't worry. It is really only deadily to Old, very young, and people who already have life threatening diseases and are to weak to fight it off.

Best answers
sars is starting to spread in the california bay area.
that sucks because i live in san francisco

Best answers
actully the medical masks you see on TV (micheal jackson type) arent efecteive you need the plastic version, HaHaHa theres like 15 ppl that has sars up here, hmmm i need a vial of sars

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just because it wont kill you doesn't mean it wont ruin your life for a few months. You wouldn't be able to attend school or work, or go out in public. You'd have to be quarantined and tested on. Doesn't sound like fun.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I live in Markham/Ontario... I'm not afriad, but my classmates got sent home... 2 of them. Now everyone in my school is freaked out :S. I too heard that China has found a way to cure this, and if you go to any Chinese herd store, you'll find boxes empty.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If the Chinese came up with a cure it must work! Those Chinese work wonders.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My rather large two cents on it:

Surgical masks stop working the minute any mositure compromises the barrier . . . unfortunately that is when you exhale in it the first time. Most masks will not work against a virus, the filter would be so restrictive you would find it hard to breath. The most effective defense is avoiding densly populated areas and seeking places with HEPA filtering in their air flow. Sadly, only hospitals and medicine manufacturing buildings are equipped with suitible Air Flow protection. You should try and avoid anyone who looks sick, and stay away from places with stagnated air.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I haven't heard of any report of SARS here in Colorado, so I assume I am safe for a while. Hearing about this stuff is just unnerving, if not a little bit frightening...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It is an awful coincidence, eh Sonic?

I noticed that too. Whatever it is, there are people who have gotten over it, which fortunately means that antibodies exist. We'll kick this things ass in no time flat, hopefully.

Best answers
well, here in edmonton we had a sars scared and all the passanger plane where quarinteened once they found out 2 passangers where sick. Thankfully they were sick with something else

Best answers
From what Ive hear SARS is only transmited through very close and prolonged proximity to a person who has it. So unless you stuck next to someone who has it for a long time theres nothing to realy worry about. Also it seems to be a mutation of a standard flu virus, I forget their name but the family of viruses that the flu belong to mutate all the time.

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Maxim
From what Ive hear SARS is only transmited through very close and prolonged proximity to a person who has it.
Your wrong. You can get it by touching something and then eating without washing from someone who has touched it. It can survive in the air for up to 4 hours.

Best answers
i live in s'pore....imagine the fear in the air.
100 cases so far, and all school children are quarantined for two weeks -_-
thats like sad...i really want to get back to school....gah

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It isn't every year that a world-slowing disease pops up out of nowhere. This is freaking me out for a couple of reasons: First off, I live very close to San Francisco. I go to community college in Daly City, which as some of you know is widely populated by Asians. A lot of these people take trips back home to see family members... how else do you think this virus travels? Well, aside from that, apparently somebody who worked at Seton Medical Hospital was diagnosed with several of SARS's symptoms recently. They told him to stay home and out of public areas until they recieved the final results, so what did he do? He came and sat in the waiting room inside the lobby at the front of the hospital trying to tell the man at the front desk that he wasn't going to be coming in for work. I have a family member that works there, and if he does end up with it, even if I don't catch it, a lot of people are going to be screwed. Who knows how far this will go...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom