Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ninja

• I dont care

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Best answers
Truth is its kinda hard to find any truthful information about the ninja. So why doesnt everybody just stay on topic? I like this thread and I dont wana see it closed

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Samurai were usually restricted to fuedel and land disputes. Tethered by their masters. There mere presence was considered an honor... and they could be considered the original police officers(the good ones).

Ninjas were really only used for gathering information, assassinating lords, and stealing icons. It would take a squad of ninjas sometimes to do any of these things. Though a lone ninja(if very skilled) usually was more effective.

Samurai > Ninja

It would probably also take a squad of ninjas to kill a samurai. They were just that skilled in some instances. A fuedal lord was judged by how many samurai he had. If that isn't enough to convince you...

"The elements composin' Magnum Opus my modus operandi is amalgum"

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That all depends on the skill level of the ninja or samurai. Actually, thats what this comes down to: skill. One highly skilled samurai vs. 5 piss poor ninjas= samurai victory. The opposite is true as well. Im still leaning towards the ninja's victory just because he has more tools at his disposal. Obviously, Ninjas are also adept at hiding.

Best answers
Ninja are way better if we're talking about the trained from birth kind, but if we're talking about the spy/hitman kind, then I'd have to go with Samurai.
Let's be honest though, there's just something about Ninja that makes them 100% cooler...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just as most people have said... Originally Ninja's were trained to assasinate people, I shouldn't even say "trained"... hired. They only really know how to kill an unsuspecting enemy. They weren't very skilled, they were no more than a common theif. If a ninja faced a samurai, he'd have absolutley no chance whatsoever.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why do I have a really hard time believing "shadowsaiyan17" is a blackbelt in ninjitsu? Well whatever. . .

You can look all over the net for info on what "ninjas really are," the unfortunate thing is that the majority of sources are mistaken or misinformed. Hell, I might be, but this is what I remember from sources that were pretty well-informed...

1.) The majority of ninja did not wear the black pajama gear. In Japanese plays, the stage-hand type people often dawned themselves in black, and as ninja became characters in those plays they often depicted them in such a way.

2.) Ninja hand symbols. This myth came from a time when a famous ninja clan was living in an isolated mountain area. In the area was also a monastery. The monks there (who did use hand symbols; but for prayer) were often confused by the people as connected to ninja or being ninja.

3.) Ninja's were not quite teh l33t assassins. There were very few actual assassinations pulled off by ninja, if any. Their main purpose was intelligence (i.e scouting), or sabotage, such as sneaking into a castle and lighting fires.

Regarding this "Who would win a fight" stuff, it's entirely situational. Ninja are in fact made for stealth; that's simple fact, if you think otherwise, you just don't know what you're talking about. There are crappy ninja, crappy samurai, and opposite ends of the spectrum for each, so you can't really accurately just pit them against each other.

A ninja would doubtful ever approach a samurai head on. Ninja-to (their swords) were crappily made weapons used for slicing throats, not dueling. More often than not they didn't even use ninja-to, because it's definitely not an easily concealed weapon, and weapons were outlawed for people other than samurai. This is how "weapons" like the kama and its variation the kusari-gama are often associated with ninja. The kama is nothing more than a farming implement, but obviously it can be used to fight (in a limited sense.) Ninjas were often if not always posing as peasantry (farmers.)

And yes, there is a reason samurai were used in wars, not Armies of Ninja like you might see in games like Tenchu. As for honor, you'll find that Bushido, much like the Knight's code of honor in Europe, wasn't the most terribly adhered to thing in the land. By that I mean there were a lot of corrupt a-hole samurai, more and more till the end of the era, I guess.

Ninjas don't need any special birthright or whatever, just training.
And yeah, I gotta say I agree to that too...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it doesn't mather about "shadowsaiyan17", if he has it then he know's about ninjutsu.
but he forget one thing, there are more men with a doka sport.
i've trainded jujutsu and am buzzy making my own martial art tecnick.
don't know a name for it but it has a lot to do with speed and using the oponens his tecnick agains him, it also includes a katana.
ok, there is a little bit ninja tecnick in it, running extreamly fast.
so it's still a tie for them both.

Best answers
niobe said:
it doesn't mather about "shadowsaiyan17", if he has it then he know's about ninjutsu.
but he forget one thing, there are more men with a doka sport.
i've trainded jujutsu and am buzzy making my own martial art tecnick.
don't know a name for it but it has a lot to do with speed and using the oponens his tecnick agains him, it also includes a katana.
so it's still a tie for them both.
Yeah i've been working on my own technique aswell, the style is more open ended and I dont have to abide by style of judges at tournaments. It's a mixture of tai chi and kung fu with a lil bit of a western hip hop ninjitsu flair, sorta like capeiora but not all those flashy flips and weird kicks.

3.) Ninja's were not quite teh l33t assassins. There were very few actual assassinations pulled off by ninja, if any. Their main purpose was intelligence (i.e scouting), or sabotage, such as sneaking into a castle and lighting fires.
dude lighting fires is fun ^_^

Best answers
So, I'm kinda getting confused between the Ninja myth of great fighters and clans, and the Ninja used for recon jobs. Did the Ninja myth actually exist at all? Or is it just a myth? Be careful, the wrong answer would be like telling a kid that Santa doesn't exist :(

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm glad you're all samurai ninja spidermen superheroes but let us live our fantasies elsewhere, shall we? Please ._.

The nature of the poll is silly in and of itself. 95% of what the people in this thread know comes from TV, movies, comic books, and manga. I doubt anyone here has a major in asian studies, although it's concievable. Samurai are often depicted as heroes in stories whereas Ninja are often depicted as stealthy assassins without morals. Samurai have a code of honor, ninja have a more open ended code that lets them get the job done dirtier. Judging by what I've learned from a variety of probably crappy sources I'd say I prefer Samurai because of the whole 'potentially' honorable deal, upholding honor in the face of dishonor, dying proud.

Best answers
although ninjas do have real ultimate power... i wouldnt mind doing the honorable thing. something about dueling gets my "juices" flowing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's a mixture of tai chi and kung fu with a lil bit of a western hip hop ninjitsu flair
Normal people of the world. . . please look at these sentences. Look at them hard. Yes, people said those things, hoping others would believe them. But don't think about it for more than 2 minutes, or blood will shoot out of your nose.

Forgive me if I'm skeptical. It's just that for a variety of good reasons I'm lead to believe you're both kids trying to play ninja, and those last few posts definitely don't help o_O Basically, I think you're both full of ****aki. (edit: it's a mushroom damnit!)

I should probobly get warned now. But it had to be done. :\

Best answers
Personally, I like Ronin more than Samurai. They have the best of both worlds, they're likely to have some honour, plus they have the mystery of a Ninja. Also, after playing Way of the Samurai 2, there's something cool about the whole wandering warrior thing.

Best answers
Hitokiri said:
Normal people of the world. . . please look at these sentences. Look at them hard. Yes, people said those things, hoping others would believe them. But don't think about it for more than 2 minutes, or blood will shoot out of your nose.

Forgive me if I'm skeptical. It's just that for a variety of good reasons I'm lead to believe you're both kids trying to play ninja, and those last few posts definitely don't help o_O Basically, I think you're both full of ****aki. (edit: it's a mushroom damnit!)

I should probobly get warned now. But it had to be done. :\
Haha its a mushroom indeed thats stupid to censor that out =(. I wish I was a kid again, and whats so hard to believe about? Alot of people do martial arts, your acting as if its a forbidden thing

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
i vote i dont care,cause i dont care :O, acctualy, they both have there ups and downs, and there was a i dont know vote..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
samurai, a must,
good:
1: high class, well respected by authoritys
2: master of the medium blades
3: mostly strong individuals
4: The bushido code, read it :O

bad:
1: many were considered thugs by civillians as they would just tear down people they didnt like on the streets whomever they were.
3: many high class people just decided to call themselfs samurai's and ignore following the bushido code, hence you got fat lazy samurais whom didnt know how to use there weapon well ;O

reason they would win:
trained individuals on combat whom tend to respect there surroundings, great samurais were hard to match until americans flogged off there military to japans officials ;O

reason they would lose:
many were disrespectful people who would just do it as an excuse to be above people and use a weapon in public

ninja's

good:
1: tend to be trained on stealth
2: many took up hand to hand techniques
3: one of the few groups who used ranged weapons other than bows

bad:
1:anyone could be a ninja, just find someone who would hire you, and go scout some info for them.
2: most ninjas were never really trained long enough
3: considered petty thiefs/scum by civillians
4: no real status in life, identity covered, no contacts, ect

reason will win:
a well trained ninja could easly place a poisened dart from 15 foot away, had basic sneak and kill skills

reason will lose:
most were undertrained, thus arent used to combat situations and would die awkwardly after being caught

overall in my opinion, samurais pwn ninji winjis ;O
oh noes ;O

Best answers
My vote goes for ninja, their inteligent, fast and eficient, though they have to sneak around (mostly) thus makes them a disadvantage.

Best answers
okayguys really ninjas where made for stealth u think they were sent in to battle yes they could fight and they could fight damn well but they were mostlt use to intelligents and recon. they wernt sent in to fight. and yes some where sent to kill people but not fight the whole town take Tenchu the game for a sec there jobs where to go in and do the misson not to fight any one there.. thats why ur status went down because u have been seen

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom