Same-Sex Couples Could Create Children

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ehhh, there's a reason why two females and two males can not mate. Can a laboratory baby really be as healthy as a baby from male and female?

But the thing is, while Alea and Shiyo have good a point, why would someone want to adopt a baby/child when they can make their own? Well I mean there are numerous reasons why one wouldn't/couldn't bare children, but when I get a child, I want it to be from my blood and my genes. I don't want someone else's baby or kid. I know it sounds harsh, but if I did not have children of my own, and just adopted, my genes die with me.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ehhh, there's a reason why two females and two males can not mate. Can a laboratory baby really be as healthy as a baby from male and female?

But the thing is, while Alea and Shiyo have good a point, why would someone want to adopt a baby/child when they can make their own? Well I mean there are numerous reasons why one wouldn't/couldn't bare children, but when I get a child, I want it to be from my blood and my genes. I don't want someone else's baby or kid. I know it sounds harsh, but if I did not have children of my own, and just adopted, my genes die with me.
The answer is yes, if test tube babies are any indication.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

That's what I meant as far as understanding WHY one would prefer this over adoption.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The answer is yes, if test tube babies are any indication.
I'd also say yes. They're not talking about babies developing outside of a human,
but rather about turning body cells into sperm/egg cells as far as I understood.
In the case of male *** couples, the baby would still need a surrogate mother to carry out the child.
As far as that X/Y chromosome stuff goes, a sperm cell contains either X or Y, not both.
That's because gametes are haploid, containing only half the genome.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Females have the XX chromosones. Males have XY. So basicaly, this would allow for a possible YY combination? I mean, I'm all for Same-Sex couples to have children through this method. Although, I wonder what would happen if it is possible to make a YY human.
There are genetic disorders in which people carry YY or XYY combinations, even XX in males and XXY. I remember reading about them in highschool.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Man I've got two lesbian friends who would love to have a child and I've offered myself to them as a sperm donor without the high medical costs. This may make it even harder since the child would be both theirs.

Personally, I'm hoping that whoever I marry also wants to consider adoption. While I'm living proof that my genetic material is primo stuff, I've got an uncle who's kids are all adopted and I really admire that. He and his ex-wife were both perfectly able to have children, yet they chose to adopt instead. I'm not going to lie, I think that it's probably one of the closest things to altruism a human can achieve. (not to get us started on that topic again)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom