Saiyan Blood?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What i meant is..

If a you can only activate the "New Feature" by attacking other people.
When you attack you do damage. The amount of damage you do adds up and when it reaches a certain point you activate the "new feature".

Well, senzu beans in the show were only from kama or that cat guy.... Why are they in esf when o_O?

Senzubeans were in ESF since beta 1.0

While people generally got sick of them beeing abused to much in ESF 1.1 they stopped adding them to the maps. But its a fact that a majority of the maps made during ESF 1.1 and 1.0 (so basically 70% of the maps on esf-world) do have senzubeans.

Whoring senzus was allways there. Its just that people that came after 1.1 dont seem to even know they exist.

Oh and the guy with senzus was Korin.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@Grega: Yeah, that ONE ****ing time, because they'd used up so much energy that could barely stand. I had a feeling I'd be hearing that example. Other than that ONE ****ing instance no character. even in DB got exhausted from flying.

@Mountain Dewd: Look, I'm not the guy to ask HOW okay? I trust the Zeq2 team. They've earned it. What they've shown so far has surpassed any mod and any corporate DBZ game to date, and I'm willing to bet they have things figured out. You can scoff at their ideals, as do many when radical rethinkings are proposed, but the proof of the pudding is in the eating. I'll let the ZEQ2 team prove themselves.

Remember first off that there's a story mode, and a multiplayer mode. My guess is that story mode stays true to the series 100%, which allows the game to balance itself. In multiplayer, I'm also willing to guess that you can set powerlevels and then duke it out with any character, allowing the said "weak" characters a chance to fight the others on even turf. Since Single Player and MultiPlayer are two different modes of gameplay, it's obvious the multiplayer will allow more leeway and customization with the servers.

Best answers
I have to agree with Mountain Dewd. As long as there's no release, ZEQ2 is just another unreleased MOD.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have to agree with Mountain Dewd. As long as there's no release, ZEQ2 is just another unreleased MOD.
Have you even SEEN their screens? The Goku model with that kickass Kaioken filter is proof enough for me.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think certain people need to be reminded that Zeq2 game is still in development, and claiming Esf is doing everything wrong and Zeq2 is doing everything right, when all you've read about Zeq2 is a bunch of exaggerated press releases with some pretty pictures.
I've seen a bit more than pictures and press releases, and I'm still way more excited about Zeq2 than 1.3 (which isn't saying much since I'm not excited about 1.3).

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
scared for 1.3

Wasn't there supposed to be an update last weekend... ?!

I'm getting the fealing esf 1.3 may die before it finishes o_O

Mog

Best answers
Wasn't there supposed to be an update last weekend... ?!

I'm getting the fealing esf 1.3 may die before it finishes o_O
What!?! o_O
The last release was on the 9th... it's the 21st (here) now... (12 days)

Somewhen around that release, I read that releases will now be tri-weekly. (so still a good 9 more days till next release).

EDIT: Hmm, none of that's on-topic... what was the topic again?
open beta updates -> zeq2 -> flying shouldn't drain ki -> krillin's speed -> dmz -> esf balance -> ...oh yeah, the saiyan blood sugestion!

In the Frieza saga, Vegeta even told Gohan and Krillin that he wanted them to cause damage to him to make him stronger.
But in the series they didn't just die and respawn, and there wasn't a vast suply of sensu beans (as Karin/Korin is a stingy cat :]).
ESF will always be different in that way.

So the saiyan blood effect probably shouldn't be in the game.
It shouldn't be part of a strategy that makes use of unlimited sensu suply / respawning.

🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Have you even SEEN their screens? The Goku model with that kickass Kaioken filter is proof enough for me.
well actually that was just an photoshop edit(lol) just to let us see what the Kaioken will look like.

And that doesn't tell us how the gameplay will be...

At the other hand i trust them too,Nice models :yes:

:smile:

Best answers
The graphics look fantastic.

They've more than proved their ability to produce Images on par (and often exceeding) with the official lisenced games.

But graphics are no indication of the quality of the gameplay, Zeq2 could just end up as a dirty brown sock wrapped in pretty paper.

I'm really looking forward to the game, but not to the point that I am actually going to place my faith in my fellow man.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The graphics look fantastic.

They've more than proved their ability to produce Images on par (and often exceeding) with the official lisenced games.

But graphics are no indication of the quality of the gameplay, Zeq2 could just end up as a dirty brown sock wrapped in pretty paper.

I'm really looking forward to the game, but not to the point that I am actually going to place my faith in my fellow man.
If I cared about graphics, I'd be excited about 1.3. But I don't and I'm not. I've never suggested we up the graphic ante for this game. All of my suggestions have always been about gameplay, because that's the only thing I care about in a game.

ZEQ2 isn't just a pretty looking game.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
k i kno this is an unfair advantage for most saiyans but hey, so what? :laff:

saiyans increase their power after a 'near death experience'. their power increases significantly, like in the db series. well, in esf it cud be just a small increase just to make it a little fair... :S

altho it wud b better if ther was a self healing thing to survive the near death experience.

well, this could encorage cowards...
well how about this ,why not add a buton for Goku so whenever you press that buton evryones dyes on the map , what do you think about that ?Sayian blood sux if you ask me

Best answers
lmao at John.

No really, I forgot what the topic was here.....

Anyway if Goku gets saiyan blood just go to console and type kill.. :|

Best answers
The Idea was so horrible that everyone ignored it and started talking about other things.

Best answers
It wasn't HORRIBLE, it was just not carefully thought through.

I mean, why not make the character unable to use the /kill command and unable to pick up senzu beans?

Best answers
Okay this is the idea of the saiyan blood:
Altho i have no idea how to do it :laff:

> @vinay87: an option can be used to turn it on and off.
> negate the effect if u kill urself, if u du, ull lose pl.
> senzu beans shud not contribute to it or @ Andy011 make them unable 2 pick them up.
> health cud refill slowly (rate of 10 health per min so itl take a long time to actualy regain energy).
> ur pl can only go up by 1/10 of the pl u already have.
> USE VideoJinx's idea

You know, that's the thing I think that holds ESF back from reaching it's full potential. The team is too afraid of making anything unfair, and limits it's gameplay in every way by trying to achieve this impossible thing called "balance". But the thing is, "balancing" makes it something other than DBZ. ESF is a fine example if online multiplayer combat, but a bad example of a DBZ game. The ESF team seems to have forgotten what it was made for: to create a fun Dragonball Z experience. I've seen hundreds of suggestions placed here, and nearly all were shot down because they would throw the delicate character balance out of whack and commit the "horror" of making one character more favorable than another. Unfortunately, that whole mentality is shot to Hell by the fact that Goku and Vegeta are the most popular characters from the fact that everyone likes them. How is that balanced?

ZEQ2 is the only modders I know who seem to get it. They throw out this balance concept. I've seen it stated by their team: "There's no need to balance anything; the series balances itself." Instead of being another DBZ mod with HUD screens and scroll-through attacks that are used like types of guns, they said plain out that if it can be done in the series, it can be done in the game. Every attack, every feature, every oh so minor detail is taken on so as to respect the Dragonball series in it's fullest.

In ESF, balance has become the fascist dictating fun police. I've seen hundreds of attack suggestions, cool features and potentially revolutionary ideas shot down because it has a possibility of giving one character class an unfair advantage. And so what happens if, say, you give EVERY character their fullest features? Now each character has their OWN curveballs to throw, and so this imbalance works into a different strategy per character. The key to balance, is imbalance. I can only hope the ESF team comes to realize that though a succesful mod, it's far from a revolutionary DBZ experience. That part of this mod, I now realize, died a long time ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom