"Rubot"?!

Force Pit Member
Best answers
What's the purpose of creating a robot at all? It only makes the already lazy human beings even more lazy. =/

Best answers
Very true... I can't believe this is happening. The next thing you know the damn junk can grab the kids throat and start twisting it by mistake lol.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
It'll be like I, Robot. Everyone thinks robots are safe and cool and makes life easier. Then they turn on you and kill you. xD

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What the hell is wrong with you people, that was awesome. The point of making a robot that solves Rubik's cubes is making a robot that solves Rubik's cubes. You do it for the challenge of it, it's a hobby. Some people build models, some people play an instrument, and other people build robots.

I hope you realize that without novel little advances and discoveries that could have been dismissed as stupid at the time you wouldn't be able to sit in front of a machine and talk to people from around the world as you're doing now. It's called science.

I would imagine that was rigged.
I'd doubt it. I've seen engineering projects more complicated than that. It's a robot with some image recognition software and a program to figure out how to solve a Rubik's cube.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Yeah, but there should be a limit to how far science should progress. If it wasn't for science we wouldn't have such advance war technologies that kills people by the thousands, and more. A computer has no way of really harming oneself, other than being addicted and ruining your eyes. However a robot could be reprogrammed by "mad" scientists to do their biddings. I'm just saying, robots aren't exactly the best ideas mankind has had.

Best answers
Bah. That's the biggest load of crap. If the kid was "randomizing" the cube, why was he being so careful while mixing it up?

Best answers
frsrblch said:
What the hell is wrong with you people, that was awesome. The point of making a robot that solves Rubik's cubes is making a robot that solves Rubik's cubes. You do it for the challenge of it, it's a hobby. Some people build models, some people play an instrument, and other people build robots.

I hope you realize that without novel little advances and discoveries that could have been dismissed as stupid at the time you wouldn't be able to sit in front of a machine and talk to people from around the world as you're doing now. It's called science.

I'd doubt it. I've seen engineering projects more complicated than that. It's a robot with some image recognition software and a program to figure out how to solve a Rubik's cube.
Hmm... I see what u mean. But shinjio is right, there's a limit. And a limit is not always good to break.

I just think that a game that is MEANT for you to think through in order to solve it shouldn't be reproduced by robots and that sort of crap.

It's absurd! That cube is built so that you would improve your mental capacities, not have some robot do it for you.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's absurd! That cube is built so that you would improve your mental capacities, not have some robot do it for you.
The point of having the robot that can solve the puzzle isn't having the puzzle solved, it's having a robot that can solve the puzzle.

However a robot could be reprogrammed by "mad" scientists to do their biddings. I'm just saying, robots aren't exactly the best ideas mankind has had.
Then we'll program 'good' robots to kill all the evil ones. Considering that we have the technology to turn the planet Earth into a barren radioactive wasteland in a matter of hours, I would rate "evil" robots as fairly tame.

...and good luck trying to limit science. It won't stop and wait because you're afraid of what it might bring.

Best answers
frsrblch said:
The point of having the robot that can solve the puzzle isn't having the puzzle solved, it's having a robot that can solve the puzzle.QUOTE]

Again, I see what u mean. But do you really think artifficial intelligence is good!!?

The more the machine thinks, the less mankind thinks.

So no, it's NOT good, it SHOULD NOT be a hobby and it certainly won't benefit anyone.

And why take the risk to actually have "evil" robots to build "good" ones??? What's it worth for?!?! more money.

Compare money to actual innocent lives.

Mad scientists creating "evil" bots with a virus in order to "save" the world by making good robots, something they'd just make MORE money of.

So no, it's not good when a robot or rubot or whatever the hell that crap was starts solving somewhat hard-to-solve puzzles.

Best answers
that was rigged the kid was being 2 careful while mixing it up and he ddnt mix it up enough for it to be difficult to solve

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This isn't artificial intelligence, it's a robot powered by compressed gas, that has a program to tell it how to read the sides of a Rubik's cube, and another program telling it how to unscramble said Rubik's cube. Artificial intelligence is a long, long ways off, simply because computers can still only do what we tell them to, they can't learn how to do things on their own.

I would be much more afraid of your family anyway. It would be alot easier to simply kidnap a human and brainwash them to do evil. Much, much simpler. If they got to your mother, the next time she walks up behind you, she could have a butcher knife ready to drive into your back. You wouldn't suspect a thing until you had a stainless steel knife point protruding from your chest. Evil robots are really the least of your concerns.

Your argument is flawed anyway. It's like saying computers are bad because people can use them to steal from other people, or cars are bad because people can use them to run people down.

that was rigged the kid was being 2 careful while mixing it up and he ddnt mix it up enough for it to be difficult to solve
He could have sat there twisting it all day for all it would matter. There is no easy or hard for a program the unscrambles Rubik's cubes. It simply does as it is programed, and at the end of the loops and if else statements, you get a solved Rubik's cube.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A robot that can solve rubik's cubes is going to doom man kind? I think you kids have been watching a little too much Terminator. The robot certainly was not "thinking" outside it's programming, which is far from the definition of artificial intelligence.

Best answers
I'm just saying that technology is growing at a scary limit... that COULD become artificial intelligence. If this goes through silence all the way through, artificial intelligence WILL come and u won't see it just because even your computer is being capable of doing stuff like that.

A computer doesn't have arms, hands/claws, legs, etc. Therefore, it IS perfectly harmless. Don't confuse a computer with a robot.

As for AI, if that wasn't AI, it's just one step closer to be one.

Besides, it's just making ppl even lazier for now.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm sorry, but I don't have a Rubik's cube, so I fail to see how that robot is making myself and the general population lazier.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wouldn't say that that is A.I. and that isn't quite a big leap. It's probably just a scanner with arms and pre-programmed text :p

I'm guessing that there won't be any descent human-like machines in our life span, so the only thing that i can say is..............damn :(

Best answers
People make themselves lazy and use technology as an excuse because of said laziness(lasiness?).

Edit
On a different note, here's another video of rubot RUBOT! >:O

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Even when we do come up with AI, there are going to be a bazillion failsafes making sure that the AI doesn't go AWOL and start hacking into every military installation in the world and begin launching nukes at major cities (yes, I stole an entire plot). Hell, Generals and staff made the technicians and engineers who created the little robots that carry guns and the UAVs prove that they couldn't override the guy controlling it and go on a rampage.

Separate fact from fiction and stop being afraid of science.

The more robots do for us, the less we do for ourselves. If a robot will wash my clothes, then I'm not going to bother doing it myself. If it'll drive me to work, I might not let it cause I like driving, but I'm sure it would make putting makeup on easier and safer while driving to work in the morning.

That said, the "Rubot" demonstrates how far we actually are from developing AI so don't start boarding your windows and doors just yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom