RPG element?

Best answers
Since I haven't played esf in a long time, I was thinking. Why not add a sort of rpg element? I'm sure this can be worked out if it is thought out more.

Basically you have 5 skills:-strength
-dexterity
-speed
-health
-ki

Strength - Obviously is how much damage you do on your opponent
Dexterity - The chance that you will hit your opponent
Speed - How fast you move, and how much chance you have of moving out of the way of an attack or beam
Health - How much hp you have
Ki - How much ki you have for charging beams

So you could do, for example, when you first join a server you are given 10 points (server could set starting skill points), you then choose to pick what skills you want to improve on. Say for every 100 pl you gain, you get to add 1 point into a skill of your choosing. So if you have 100 hp, you add 1 point into hp, your health bumps up to 110 hp. Same thing with all the other skills. Add 1 point to strength, you do 10 more damage in your melees than you did before. If you add 1 point in speed, you are 10% faster, and have a 10% chance that you will not be unless, unless your opponents dexterity is higher.

I think this could be a good idea because it wouldn't need to be modeled in any way, other than the fact the skills add more depth to your character. In order to balance the saiyans with the other characters, perhaps saiyans don't get as much starting skill points and their skill points level slower.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Balancing would be impossible. Good players would just pump speed and strength. A chance to miss your opponent if you actually successfully hit him with melee is sorta ridiculous because that's the entire foundation of ESF's fast action.

Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
Balancing would be impossible. Good players would just pump speed and strength. A chance to miss your opponent if you actually successfully hit him with melee is sorta ridiculous because that's the entire foundation of ESF's fast action.
Well like I said, I think it could be balanced if it was more thoroughly thought out. What I mean by miss (speed), is that it helps you defend more against melees. So its much easier to follow your opponents hits in advanced melee so you can avoid more of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom