Rock paper scissors

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Freedom described advanced melee maybe a month or so ago. It may have been changed since then making my thread useless, but ill post what I have to say anyway, it can't hurt :p.

Melee is not done, WIP. Somethings have been put in as "placeholders" until team members can get around to implementing them. We're basically playing an unfinished build, so we really can't judge how it's going to turn out. However, what we have now is fun, unique, and never been done before. Think about it... the only DBZ melee you've had so far is a toggle and street fighterish punches and kicks. Sure, there are somethings that get repetitive in 1.2, but rest assured, they're not even close to being done. Every new thing added to 1.2 just blows my mind and i've seen it put together piece by piece. I can't even fathom what's going to happen when the fans get everything in one shot. (Better prepare yourselves)

Just to clarify, Mouse2 is the old melee, knockback distance has been reduced, but it's still valuable. You Auto prepunch if you swoop someone, this initiates up to 12 hits. You can hit all 12 and break it off OR initiate the combo system OR throw. Depending on how many hits you land during prepunch you'll see that reflect in Combo time (Stun time). During this time you can sort of "Free for All" With any direction, including diagonals. Some movements can be done in such a way to initiate "Special Moves/Combos". These offer more damage and nifty animations. While you're pressing directions to hit, your opponent is doing the same to dodge/block your incoming hits. It can go back and forth until someone wants to stop, someone's last attack hits(Being a heavy attack only) or time runs out. Everytime time runs out or prepunching stops, a "blast sphere" appears and pushes both fighters (and any spectators) flying back a distance.
You may also throw an opponent during the initial prepunch instead of breaking off combat or comboing. After an initial charge up you may choose to throw your opponent anywhere. Into another player, causing damage and knock back to both of them. Or perhaps into a wall, where he will "Stick" for a few seconds. Beware, anyone "stuck" to a wall has the option to jump off and retaliate. That's melee, of course everything is subject to change

Adv. Melee vs. Adv. Melee results in a melee struggle, which is still WIP.
Adv. Melee vs. Simple Melee results in damage to both players, they get blasted back.
Simple Melee vs. Simple Melee results in a double knockback, both players fly away.
The last two, adv. melee vs simple melee and simple melee vs simple melee both result in a knockback. This seems too random. PcJoe has said a couple of times that they are trying to make the system as skillfull as possible without it ending up like rock paper scissors. If this was left in, it would be exactly like rock paper scissors.

I have no idea on what to change it to if they didn't already change it, im just suggesting that they do.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
actually that says simple melee only works if the other guy isnt dooing anything. trust me, i dont think anyone would use the simple melee anymore. just because the advanced melee brings so much more eyecandy.

i.m.o whats the use of hitting a person once. what gives them what? 30 damage, while u can inflict an combo series what can deal 100 damage.

the values i used dont match up offcorse, but it was just to give you an idea

Adv. Melee vs. Adv. Melee results in a melee struggle, which is still WIP
i think that indicates alot about the time the info was given, the team is bugtesting the advanced melee

Sound Artist
Best answers
Well, Simple Melee will always hit first, so lets say two players charge at each other, one sporting adv. melee and one hold right click. (basic melee). The person with Basic Melee hits once, with a powerful punch.. or kick.. whichever:p So if that punch kills you, it's over you die without retaliation, if you live from the one punch, you get to "prepunch" or auto punch.. up to twelve hits. How does that balance do you say? Each punch uses up ki, so you can.. hit all twelve and do more damage, but you'll have a lot less ki than your opponent who just recovered. He also gets to hit first.

Why use basic melee? You can hit multiple times, you can combine that, with crushing damage when he/she hits the skybox, Env_Model, ground, or wall. So if you do it right, basic melee is on par with adv. melee, plus it's a quick way to get damage out. Most people can dodge your attacks pretty well in adv. melee so your not always guaranteed a kill, however, you're safe from other players, and you have the potention to lay in some heavy and hurtful hits. Plus it just looks so gosh dang cool! :yes:

Sound Artist
Best answers
Reptile said:
FreeDoM said:
Adv. Melee vs. Adv. Melee results in a melee struggle, which is still WIP
i think that indicates alot about the time the info was given, the team is bugtesting the advanced melee
That post i made was OLD:) Infact adv. vs adv. now has a very good, complete system.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
erm, i asked one of the teammembers a long time ago, if it was possible to initiate combo's on the simple melee, the answer i got was, no i wouldnt be able to.
the reason for that was the person flying away would go faster then before, and the swooping speed would be reduced, so there would be no such thing as the 1.1 combo's.
there would only be, a) simple melee (hit and run), b) advanced melee, combats up to a few min.

Sound Artist
Best answers
It's harder but it didn't stop joe from ping ponging me around, especially when you hit an object, you slow down and start the roll process.

Sound Artist
Best answers
Infact, with the better mobility with the new swoop, i'd say it's probably about the same now, except for the fact that you'll have to aim a little better now.

Best answers
So much melee goodness.... so long we have to wait for it :cry:

Why do you torture us like this!?

Best answers
2 months or so isn't THAT bad...I got other things to take care of...*Mainly getting back on "friendly" terms with the girl I love, Jaqueline Revelle* :( :scared: o_o ;/

-Oh...and if ANYONE here knows her or ME..... And says so much as a word about it to her*and if I find out*....I WILL KILL THEM
:\ :no:
-Have a nice night/day everybody
It's 3:00 A.M. and I only slept for 3hrs last night...:yes: :tired:

Best answers
Yeah... oh well. Good things are worth waiting for. Besides, the longer they take to finish, the more cool stuff and less bugs there will be :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom