RIP Deman

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
That sucks to hear about this. Car crashes, I think, are one of the worst ways to go. I hope his family get over their grief quickly and I hope Devin rests in peace.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
are you ******* kidding me? seriously?!

****!

goodbye man, we'll talk again one day bro!

--- edit ---

For Those Interested In Sending Support To His Family

Within the next few days I'm going to try and contact those closer to him and find out his family's residence if they wish to share that info, and am going to try and organize and condolence gift from this community. It will probably be something like flowers/cards/dedications/etc. (Thanks Sub and Zeo for the idea). It would be nice to show his family that there is a whole community online that really liked the guy. So if anyone is interested PLEASE POST IN THIS THREAD so we can organize something nice for his family.

Wish I stayed in touch with the guy more frequently over the past, but that's moot and I'll just cherish all the internet buddying we had before that.
yeah man... anything. get in touch with me and i'll help out with this. shit...

Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
Even in his picture there's a good vibe about him.

I didn't know him but I wish you to rest in peace, you'll be missed for sure.

Best answers
My condolences to his family, RIP Deman.

@Eon
That's a nice gesture, let me know how to help out.

ESF Head Team Mapper
๐Ÿ‘‘ Administrator
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
Oh man this sucks.
RIP Deman

The Viking
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm at a loss for words... I don't really know what to say right now... Farewell friend.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Life is hard,real hard,not fair but what can we do...stuff like this happens but time continues to flow.
I haven't been active on this forum nor do i know this person like most of you guys do but he seems like an really nice person on the pictures.
I dunno what to say in such situations...well i guess rest in piece Devin and thanks for everything you have done for the community :(

Proud owner of Half-Life
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
Condolences for family. :(

"tragically taken in a car accident."

Bad car...

Best answers
I don't know him or any of you guys, but this is sad news :-/ . My condolences to his family. Farewell Damon. Requiescat in Pace.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Let me say my humblest thoughts go out to his family and friends. I never met him in game or anything; however, we are a very small community. Typically we have amazing people associated with us, this guy gives off a good vibe and its too bad I didn't meet him; so I could only assume what a great guy he was.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I still haven't gotten word from his family, however his obituary has been posted.

http://rogersfunerals.com/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=2131443&fh_id=14501#.UchxNy1YmzA.facebook

it has some information at the end on contributing, but I think that requires a personal appearance to contribute, I'll do a little more digging where I can.

edit: on the side panel there are tabs for buying a gift online. It's a few standard care items, but I'm sure as long as there is room to write a dedication on a card or something it's all good.

So come on guys, let's surprise his family. Anyone who has the money to spare buy a gift and send it in, you don't have to sign your real name, you can use your alias "From ESF" on the dedication. I really think his family would appreciate it when they see a bunch of chuckle****s from the internet were touched by their son/brother/uncle in a way that they get a flood of gifts for him at his funeral. Let's show them how much of a presence Devin had guys.

You Have until Friday, June 28th 11AM Mountain time (the service time/date) to get a gift sent in. Do it if you can.

Last edited:
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Inquiry: A lot of the gifts seem to limit the name to 16 characters, so Devin "Deman" Johnston isn't going to work out. What are we, as a community, deciding to address him as ("Deman" Johnston was my second pick)? Just so we're all on the same page and its clear all the gifts are coming from the same place.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Roger dodger. I think I'm going to get the wind chime, though I don't foresee them actually using it since it gets kind of annoying. Either that or one of the rock-looking things.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
There's a bamboo tree for ~$40 I bought and sent. From what I'm gathering is Devin's family is fairly religious, although he wasn't. He was a big nature guy and was training to be a Park Ranger so I figure the bamboo would be cool enough.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Is CO 81144 the right place or do I need to put in a different address?

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
It won't let me do an earlier delivery. It shows for July 9th and thats too late.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I feel really sorry that I can't give any money; does anyone have any suggestions for what I could do that doesn't require money? As I said, I'm prepared to give any amount of time to do something.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I feel really sorry that I can't give any money; does anyone have any suggestions for what I could do that doesn't require money? As I said, I'm prepared to give any amount of time to do something.
At the very least help us lobby the team to put a dedication in the ESF Final Credits or an Easter Egg Room in a map with a picture/dedication to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom