Respect

Best answers
I show respect to anyone who can beat me (which is a whole lot of people, I'v never been 'gifted' at ESF, except in the alphas :p). Never once has it crossed my mind that people 'hack' the melee system, because I dont think its possible to hack something like that.

The 'noobs' just don't realize that there not the best at the game. There is never one 'best' person. Theres always someone better.

Best answers
Optional said:
Is it just me or in 1.0/1.1 when you beat up someone, did they either not say anything or ask for help or call you good or something? Is it just me or in 1.2 when you beat up someone, they either call you a hacker, spammer, or noob? I was destroying some newbies on a server today and all I got called was a hacking, spamming noob (followed by some of them changing to my character and trying to copy me). What is up with this? He kept calling me a hacker, so I told him to go spectator and make a demo of me "hacking" then show it on these forums. I had to tell him how to do it before he finally went spectator. After about a few minutes, he left. What is so different in 1.2 that no one has any respect for the more experienced? I actually might of taught him a trick or two if he asked.

If somebody beats me who is very good I say something like: wow or good.
If someone beats me who is actually a noob but acted very well I say: nice

Just wanted to get that out of me ^^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
3rd day 1.2 was out some guy that claimed to run the SnS server called me a hacker... went into spectator mode and said "omg he never turns during melee!!" (kinda stupid... iimpossible to win if you dont turn....) and "OMG HE CAN HIT A HITBOX!!1!1!!"
then he followed me around and convinced a few admins to ban me *shakes fist*

i know how ya feel, but at least you didnt get banned for nothing right?

Best answers
I pld a guy yesterday, who for 30mins or so I thought was a bot, all he did was prepunch then throw, and thats ALL he did, and whenever I swooped at him thats all I did as I couldnt pre-punch him, its like he had a forcefield or sumin only basic melee and beams worked.

now I hvnt pld in 2wks or so cuz ESF is an easy game to pick up and play but there are some strange ppl playing, no doubt about it.

P.S. No I dont suck at ESF so thats not an option, the guy was not better then me, more then 60% of dmg he did to me was transkilling :p

Best answers
there never was respect and there will never be respect

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Since your PM box is full Humpie, let me say it here. Remove the signature or face the forum's wrath. I don't know if we just didn't see it before or what but that's slander, and since Darkone is no longer perm banned it's also in bad taste.

Signature unrelated I am going to agree with Humpie and say there hasn't really been any great deal of respect in the past and there never will be. It's just a game, which children take too seriously and irrationally and adults use just to kill time. Don't let it get to you.

Best answers
:shocked: CraP! I've never been called a hacker!!*cries* Though I do beat up a lot of people... I must still need a lot of training!!! :scared: o_o

I've never called anyone a hacker, but there was once in a server this person that seemed to have endless ki o_O No matter how long I chased this character he/her never recharged ki. I just left the server :S

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Ive been called a hacker too, oh well, im not even that good, I just used to play dance dance alot on my laptop during school. SaKuMa, if it makes you feel better

SAKUMA YOU STOOPID U HAXOR!!!11 STOP HAX U HITTINgG ME STUPID U ARE HAXING!!1 OmG STOOPID HAKS! I AM L337 YOU BEATING ME CAUSE YOU HACK!!!1

fell better?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
People have accused me of hacking since 1.0

Especally when I used the second bean point on Riverside, and I transformed Krillin.

Best answers
hehe~~ i'm l33t in 1.0 melee and heaps of ppl call me hax... but now i'm getting oWned by l33t ppl who uses adv. melee (who r also good at simple melee). So i mainly use simple melee and sumtimes a little adv. melee if i wanna do a combo or 2...
and sumtimes i use a beam or two and accidently killed a l33t meleer or two and they always say stuff like "OMG!! STOP IT U F***.... F***EN BEAM SPAMMER!!" then they chase after me eversince i killed them... but i only killed them once or twice, then they thought i killed their brother or sumthin...
well dats just a n00b adv. meleer talkin (me)...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it's just that by the end of 1.1, everyone knew everyone, and even the noobs got used to being beat on by everyone. So they knew their place. Now in 1.2, you have all these new people who don't know anyone, and they freak out.

Best answers
Well i never call anyone better than me a hacker, why? i don't play esf as much as i'd like too. Second sometimes people get picked on, and that begins to aggreivate them. I ran into some guy called "Loki" questionable the best guy ive fought so far. It seemed like he was always after me. One, i thought maybe hes picking on me, Two could be he saw i had the highest score and wanted to gain PL faster or Three he just wanted a decent fight, which is what i gave him. Either way you take it i had fun. As for the whole combo hackering thing, i think its nonexistant. If you play, you'll notice that theres a minium requirement for some combos. You don't have to keep pulling the same moves, change it up, but make sure you end up with the combo. Hope i haven't said anything to upset any mods about my explanation of the combos.

TRake Care
Ciao

PS: 8th line get the whole play on words "Nonexistant" and thats my name, well it wasn't that funny but oh well.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
GMan said:
I think it's just that by the end of 1.1, everyone knew everyone, and even the noobs got used to being beat on by everyone. So they knew their place. Now in 1.2, you have all these new people who don't know anyone, and they freak out.
which leads to "1.2 SUCKS CAUSE I LOSE TO NOOBS!! CHANGE 1.2 CAUSE ITS SUCKY!"

and really being called a hacker is more like the hl scoring system

u know how in ut says unstoppable, dominating and so on, well in hl its noob, *****, spammer, hacker :rolleyes:

Best answers
I was called a hacker today...totally blew my mind. Asked the dood how I was hacking got no reply so I continued to beat him to the ground whenever I saw him. Before he left he was up to world spawn suiciding every time i got on him

Funny his name was Coke

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Being called a 'hacker' and the usage of similar terminology is a part of multiplayer gaming, this is how users on the Internet respond to getting beaten up by people, and in 99% of the cases the only 'hack' involved is skill. Nothing new.

Jinks said:
I was called a hacker today...totally blew my mind. Asked the dood how I was hacking got no reply so I continued to beat him to the ground whenever I saw him. Before he left he was up to world spawn suiciding every time i got on him

Funny his name was Coke
Yea I remember that, I was in the server too (ESFORCES.COM) - at least that 'Coke' dude got what he deserved (a nice temp kickban from the server for doing nothing but scream "HACKER").

Best answers
SSFT said:
Ive been called a hacker too, oh well, im not even that good, I just used to play dance dance alot on my laptop during school. SaKuMa, if it makes you feel better

SAKUMA YOU STOOPID U HAXOR!!!11 STOP HAX U HITTINgG ME STUPID U ARE HAXING!!1 OmG STOOPID HAKS! I AM L337 YOU BEATING ME CAUSE YOU HACK!!!1

fell better?
rofl, feeling better already :rolleyes: :laff:

Best answers
There was one guy that was so good, his score was 80 - 3 almost makes you want to think he was hacking hehe.

Best answers
Thanks for sticking up for me groov. As for the scores 80-3...thats what happens in 1.2 it gives the people that are good the ability to solo the whole server. I've been on some servers with complete noobs and died 2 to like 60.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok. In that case, Lynx and Carnage, i won't call you hackers anymore, but instead dub you legends of ESF 1.0 and 1.1 :rolleyes:
As far as hacking goes, i guess its not true, and some peopl are just talented, and others just can't improve at that stage. And at the stage of being new to the world of ESF, they assume everyone is at their low level, and instantly think anyone way better than them is a cheat. Simple as that :\ And then theres just newbies that think beam spamming is good, and is the way forward *cough*Prozac*cough* :fight: and omg, have any of you ever heard of Lamer Ohne Gretzen? The greatest lamer ever. There was one other, but i forget his name :p

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Ok. In that case, Lynx and Carnage, i won't call you hackers anymore, but instead dub you legends of ESF 1.0 and 1.1
Who would have thought you'd see the light. So anyway, what's the bragging about getting called a hacker? You can't be fast in 1.2. At least, not too fast. You don't need to aim. You don't need to spin, you need to spam arrows.

Although being called a hacker is fun, don't ask. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom