Resident Evil 4

Pan

Best answers
I recently just bought this game yesterday morning and i have to say this just might be the best game i have ever played, i dont even think ive had this much fun with a game since ninja gadien. In my opinion, i find this game to better alot better then all of 2004's biggest games with the exception of GTA SA acourse.

The story in the game is way more interesting this time around. The mystery adds a lot to the atmosphere and the suspense. The villagers are all bloody thirsty, suicidal, and extremely dangerous. They have a few of the zombie qualities, but they pose more of a challenge. Everyone carries weapons ranging from pitchforks to dynamite. They even talk and coordinate to make attacks. Most of them come in huge packs, and once you start being surrounded, things start becoming pretty frantic.

The graphics are very well done. This is hands down the best looking game on the GameCube, and probally outdoes just about any other game for any other console right now. Everything is extremely detailed. All of the bosses are in a league of their own. Also, the gameplay has been totally reworked. The camera sits behind the character you're playing as. This gives you a lot better view of what's going on. Though you can't really see behind you much so you'll want to always watch your back. You have lasers on all of your weapons that help you aim at your enemies. Shooting in specific areas of the body has different effects. Shooting the head can blow it up, cause the enemy to hold their face, or something else that I won't spoil. Shooting in the legs can cause them to fall down. Shooting in the arms can cause them to drop their weapon.

The sound is pretty well done too. The music does it's job. All the sound effects are good as well as most of the voice acting. Good voice acting is something RE has never been known for.

All in all I can certainly say that this is the best RE to date. It brings much needed new direction to the series and brings new things to the genre. I can't really say that this is even resident evil anymore, it feels so much like an action-adventure/shooter type game now that just fun and addicting. So my question is, has anyone else bought this game or played it and if so, what's your opinion on it.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only thing holding back the Resident Evil series was the camera system.

I expect this game to win some awards.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As soon as I muster up the money, im going straight to future shop and picking it up. I'm absolutely positive it will be one of the best games of 2004.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
uh...its 2005 hash...

never been a fan of the RE series im afraid...just isnt my bag, more into fast paced zombie pwnage...

but, my neighbor is gonna be buying it, so ill check it out :)

Best answers
Ummm....... imagine 30 angry vodoo cursed villagers rushing at your face with pitchforks and grenades :D. The game just totally rocks the way RE was meant to be played. The Gore is excellent especially if you get yoru head chopped off or blow the villagers head off :D

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ryudo-Geohound said:
Ummm....... imagine 30 angry vodoo cursed villagers rushing at your face with pitchforks and grenades :D. The game just totally rocks the way RE was meant to be played. The Gore is excellent especially if you get yoru head chopped off or blow the villagers head off :D
its not the way RE was meant to be played, did you play the previous ones with the zombies and such? this one is only a resident evil game in terms of its main character

dont get me wrong its a great game, its just a ****ty resident evil one

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Almighty_gir said:
uh...its 2005 hash...
Well it's close enough to it. But fine, i'm sure it will be just as good, if not better than all the games in 2004.

That better?

Best answers
Actually i played all the Resident Evil's and still have them minus the gun survivor ones. This is just a breath of fresh air i thought it was going to be crap because it didn't have umbrella or the t/g virus or zombies or Wesker :laff: but i was wrong. It is a great game

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I played through the first four sub chapters last night and I very much enjoyed it. Fighting that giant fish had to have been one of the most exciting parts in the game thus far.

Little deja vu, anyone? Fable maybe? o_O

Best answers
Heh, whattya know, its Pan.

Ive played one RE. I forget which one it is, but I know for sure Ive played one of them before. I liked its course/genre of gameplay... I find it much more fun than just having a bunch of zombies/cursed villagers/flying demonic monkeys rushing at you and you just shooting them. I havent played RE4 yet, but from the posts here thats what Ive gathered this game to be. Of course those games are fun, but thinking and figuring out what to do > mindless shooting in my book.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Europe sucks. We'll be getting it somewhere in march I believe. First game I'll pick up by that time though. ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i have but 7 words on re4

**** you regenerators.. **** you to hell

but yeah its an awesome game of awesomeness

if u dont have the game then u need to get off ur ass and buy it

its non stop awesome from the start of the game to the very end plus its got tons of replay and each play through session will be between 10-20 hours so yeah gonna be here for a while

Best answers
I just beat this game yesterday, this is the best game ive played in a long time it was well worth the $50. The knife fight in the game is amazing the cut-scenes are really innovative, the gameplay fun and exciting, and this game has alot of replay value. No person with a gamecube should miss this game, plain and simple, rent it buy it, do whatever u want to do but it shouldnt be passed up. This is a real great way to kick off 2005 in the game industry. If this game was release 2 months earlier it wouldve easily made game of the year. :yes:

Best answers
Hwoarang said:
The only thing holding back the Resident Evil series was the camera system.

I expect this game to win some awards.
I disagree. The resident evil series are not being held back by the camera system, in fact that is what makes the game awesome and exiciting. I've personally played around all of them , and I loved Resident Evil 1 the most. I have not yet tried Resident evil 4, but by the looks of it IMO it has lost it's resident evil feel , but I'll see when I check the game. I still plan on playing around it, but this big story turn and the playing system just does not mark of original resident evil concept, but hey, even the "die hard fans" say that the story and game itself is awesome, so I have to check it out :).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Godhand said:
I disagree. The resident evil series are not being held back by the camera system, in fact that is what makes the game awesome and exiciting. I've personally played around all of them , and I loved Resident Evil 1 the most. I have not yet tried Resident evil 4, but by the looks of it IMO it has lost it's resident evil feel , but I'll see when I check the game.
man i am so sick of hearing people going OMG!!1!!!!OEN!! RE4 DOESNT HAVE CRAPPY STATIC CAMERA ANGLES ITS NOT A REAL RESIDENT EVIL GAME!!!!!

****ty camera angles did not make resident evil so popular in fact they only exist because the old hand drawn backgrounds couldnt be done in 3d

the camera is absolutely nothing to re what makes the game so unique is the fact that every enemy can totally kick ur ass and there isnt much u can do besides run away

Best answers
The game isn't out yet in Europe, but I'm certainly looking forward to it. Thank god they finally decided to change the game play and story and dropped the whole alphabet of viruses from Umbrella. I'm also glad that they've made the gameplay a bit more exciting, even though I liked the old games the new faster pace looks much more interesting. The wait for this game is painful damn it :p

Best answers
resident evil 4 is the best game i have played so far its hard to get use to because i have been playing RE games ever since ps1 and i have betten almost all of them.
hell i just sold my x-box just to get a game cube for the resident evil series

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I love this game to death but I just dont feel satisfied as far as story goes. RE4's story doesn't really touch on the old RE story. The onlt thing that this game ties in with the other games is the fact that

*Spoilers*

Wesker wants the Las Plagas parasite to use as another "virus" in his plan like he did with the T, G, and V viruses. Other than that, this game has nothing to do with old REs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom