Remember "I'm Leaving!" threads?

Best answers
Here

and here

Boy it's crazy to look through those threads and see all of the old posters...wow I miss how this place once was.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ah yes, the old pointless but yet quaint 'I'm Leaving Threads", the formula of the thread remains similar in each and every forum in the universe. Some lowlife scum returns back to his/her most cherished forum, but then comes to make a thread about him/herself leaving. Oh boo hoo, Oh how we will miss you and hope that your life turns out beautifully. You were a great member and it's hurtful to see you leave. "I know you in real life and I've known your for over a decade, I remember all of the fun times we had when we've actually never met before and I'm acting as if I know you completely." Then two or three weeks later, you see this same member on the 'Who's Active Now?" list. But you thought that member left didn't you?

Tsk, Tsk.

I have bad news for you my friend.

A small minded individual you are, indeed, how gullible some people can be.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ah yes, the old pointless but yet quaint 'I'm Leaving Threads", the formula of the thread remains similar in each and every forum in the universe. Some lowlife scum returns back to his/her most cherished forum, but then comes to make a thread about him/herself leaving. Oh boo hoo, Oh how we will miss you and hope that your life turns out beautifully. You were a great member and it's hurtful to see you leave. "I know you in real life and I've known your for over a decade, I remember all of the fun times we had when we've actually never met before and I'm acting as if I know you completely." Then two or three weeks later, you see this same member on the 'Who's Active Now?" list. But you thought that member left didn't you?

Tsk, Tsk.

Calm the **** down, guy.

Best answers

Tsk, Tsk.

I feel offended by your post! That's it I'm leaving , don't try to comfort me it's hard enough already...

lol

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Tsk, Tsk.

That sounds like a fusion between a big emo+ attention whore.

Best answers
You can say what you want about those kinds of threads. When I made those threads, I was seriously active in this community, as were a bunch of people. We would talk on IRC for hours at a time every day. If you think that the friendships we formed were any less real than the ones you form with people you know and meet in your town, then you're the one with a problem.

I still consider all of the people I chatted with a lot to be friends, better than some of the friends I have IRL, not to say I have bad friends, but that some of the guys on here were just really good people.

/me tickles Miroku

Best answers
P.S. I'm leaving guys, please make a sticky thread about how much I will be missed so when i still browse the forum, I can read about how wonderful it was for everybody else to have me write things in a forum about a dragonballz mod for a video game that came out 10 years ago.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
done and done.

Best answers
Awesome. I know I said I was leaving but somebody responded to my post so I'm back to still comment about myself leaving.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
News to fellow members, the post was intended to be a joke, not made to offend anyone.

It's just that most of the time, that's what ends up happening.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
News to fellow members, the post was intended to be a joke, not made to offend anyone.

It's just that most of the time, that's what ends up happening.
Calm the **** down, bro!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There you go.

Mission Accomplished.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Goddamnit... Now I Really Gotta Leave!