Reformat.

Best answers
Okay I'm planning to reformat but I do not know where to go so I need help. I have Pentium 3 Cicero with windows ME 866 MHZ 27Gigs

Where do I goto reformat thanks bye

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
your computer should have come with some boot disks all u do is stick in these disks and restart it should ask if u would like to reformt answer yes and its that easy

Best answers
here's a little tip for you.
If you don't even know how to format then don't do it yourself.
Get a friends or someone else who knows to do it for you

Best answers
I dun have a disk leats I can't find it. Isn't there some manual way that I go into MS Dos or into Run somthing liek that?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Originally posted by The Stinger
here's a little tip for you.
If you don't even know how to format then don't do it yourself.
Get a friends or someone else who knows to do it for you

;) ;) ;) :yes: :yes: :yes:

Best answers
OMFG I found the disk I pop it in what now? I rebooted notthing happens what the **** do I do why theh ell does reformaitng have to be so god dman hard :S

Ok I though I just had to reboot that doesn't work I went into the file and I get some weird error or osmthing so can someone explain to me in point forum what to do.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
make a boot disk of ur OS, then restart in ms dos and type

format c:

or whatever letter ur hd is

Best answers
Ok I got so far but how do I reboot under MS Dos? instead of windows tell me that and I'll have it done

Best answers
and I dun have Reset in Msdos I have Restart,Hibernate,Shut down and somthign esle I forgot buti ts not that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
your computers very odd then ;) im all out of ideas, press something like f8 or del while starting p the bios, i forget what one, adn u will get a list of how to start it, incudeing dos

Best answers
ok this is what you wanna do. I assume by now you've made backups of everything you don't want to lose. And if you haven't, you should.

Restart your computer. While its doing its memory count press delete (this is standard on most PCs, but if its Intel you may hafta press F1 instead) This should get you into the BIOS. Once in the Bios you can change the boot order easily. Tell it to Boot to CDROM first. Then you save your changes and exit. Then pop in your Windows ME CD and it should begin booting onto it. Follow the instructions it gives you and it'll reformat your HD and reinstall the OS. Good Luck.

Best answers
if you go into my computer and right click on your harddrive you can go down to format. but i dont' know how that works

*umm wtf, thats only works with floppys.
Formatting your HDD in windows would fk you up*
-Dev

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
your gonan need a windows cd for that boot cd to run :S if you dont got windows then your kina ****ed :\

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Windows ME trys to avoid dos thats why he cant restart into it
to get into DOS hold ctrl until it gives you the option or keep pressing F8 (this is after youve just reset)

Boot disks can be created when you format a floppy through windows (I think). I think theres a right-click option in My Computer.

Should go like this.
Put the disk in reset.
Get into DOS.
type format c: and work your way from there

PS: WINDOWS ME SUCKS HARDCORE

Best answers
I notice he stopped posting...must've messed up somewhere ;) And for crying out loud, just use FDISK. It works wonders :)

Best answers
make a dos bootable. Boot from the dos disk than type this in the console:

format c:
There everything is gone now retart your computer with a windows 2000(only win2k or linux because the rest suck) cd in the cd drive and install it.

Best answers
Okie dokie i had this problem too, take out any video card, cd rom dirve and sound car dyou have installed sence you have had the pc. you can leave in any additional ram or netowrk cards. then place the disk in the original cdrom and restart, i did it and it worked

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom