Referrals, eh?

Best answers
Acceptable Usage Policy said:
The administrator may have enabled referrals, which allows you to be credited for any new users you invite to the forum.

Your administrator will have more information on any prizes or rewards that may be given out for referrals. Please be courteous when promoting ESF Forum by not spamming other web sites with your referral link just to gain referrals.
So...My Administrator...I was wondering if there were any prizes or rewards available. :p But since there probably aren't, what do people think would be cool prizes for say, refering 100 new users?

PS: http://forum.esforces.com/faq.php?faq=vb_board_usage#faq_new_faq_item <---down the very bottom

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the satisfaction that your helping ESF grow even slightly should be enough.... what kind of greedy person are you!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, quiet pain, nothing in this world is Free. You should be happy as well. Anyway, I
have only got 3 people to join the forums before, but they only posted for a little while
and stop coming by, I forgot their names.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, the AUP does mention impending bonuses for bringing people here, but, truth be told, people don't seem to make much hype over it, and we haven't really considered many prizes for that as a result. The only real bonus we have right now is the Force Pit, which requires a donation to ESF of $5.....I suppose that can be made a referral prize, but that would be more of a team decision than a forum staff decision.

Other than that, I'm not sure what else can be a reasonable prize for referrals.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I could give away $5 just like that, I'd need a reason though, I can image
someone like Deverz...

Deverz: We need to uhh add new things to the Forums but we dont wanna
pay more we already do

Me: Ok (Sends $5)

Deverz: (Walks to the store to buy himself some food)

:p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Theres already enough noobies on this forum, why give out a prize for bringing more? o_O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
CrackerJack said:
Theres already enough noobies on this forum, why give out a prize for bringing more? o_O
Only thing I really care about is my Reputation :x, I have twlve points but it
shows I have 10 on a post... Maybe its just like that till I break through the next number, So far I only got 1 white block and 2 green blocks, dont know what the white block is for but I do know that green is for positive and red for negative reputations.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dark Matter said:
I could give away $5 just like that, I'd need a reason though, I can image
someone like Deverz...

Deverz: We need to uhh add new things to the Forums but we dont wanna
pay more we already do

Me: Ok (Sends $5)

Deverz: (Walks to the store to buy himself some food)

:p
You'll be relieved to know that Deverz is kept clear of the moolah, lol....I hope :scared:

Either way, the money goes to Oktagone, the company that hosts this site and forums.

I'm not sure, though, if using referrals to boost reputation would be that good, either. People could just get buddies to sign up just as a referral, and they would not post.....bah...I always boggle myself with complications :rolleyes:

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
None of the civilian administrators (Myself, Cheesman, Deverz, Majin_You, and Hsu) recieve any of the donation money. The ESF development team pays alot of money for hosting this forum, the website, and the game servers. Donation money goes towards easing those costs, and paying for upgrades to server equipment when neccesary. (I belive the server that this board is hosted on has been replaced 3 times.)

Currently, the only bonuses you gain for referals are shown on your reputation score if I remember correctly.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Who cars about a bonus/prize?I wuv it here...

BUT I refered my BRO(same IP ofcourse)then he made MULTIPLE users so I told him to leave b4 I kill him!!! lol

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah it adds to ur rep count for how many refferals u got

and yup the money all goes to paying for the servers and stuff

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So can I get 3 Positive Reputations since I did invite 3 ppl here :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom