Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Anybody who has opened their Steam console lately has seen the pre-order ad for this game. Its a WWII first-person combat simulator based on the battles along the Eastern Front between the Soviets and Germany. Ive heard quite a few people raving about this game, and I was wondering if any of the people here have had experience with the mod versions of the game.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I used to play it when it was for UT2k4. This game was awesome. Maps were huge, guns are CoD-ish in the sense that you look down the ironsights of all guns, vehicles added that extra oomph (although I only remember there being 2 types of vehicles: the tank and a truck that moved the infantry around), and the game really required strategy and teamwork to win.

Never go out alone. Ever. If you do, you'll probably get lost for a long time or die a horrible death. The maps were H-U-G-E! A lot of the maps had easter eggs too, so that was pretty cool. Anyway, I remember when they first added the tanks we would have tank wars. One team would be on one hill and the other team would be on another hill pretty far away. Infantry would run out in the center and duke it out while we destroyed each other's tanks. Good stuff.

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It is still based on Ut2k4, they are just releasing it over steam. The team that made the mod won the "Make it Unreal" contest and won a license to the ut2k4 engine. So they made it a retail game and are selling it through steam so they dont have to spend money on boxes and cds.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So its the same game? If so, I'm buying it.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The game is updated with new content and you should get better performance. Theres also a boxed version that will be shipped to stores.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Better performance lol? That game ran beautifully on my 5200. I can only imagine what it'll run like now.

itr

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Hsu said:
It is still based on Ut2k4, they are just releasing it over steam. The team that made the mod won the "Make it Unreal" contest and won a license to the ut2k4 engine. So they made it a retail game and are selling it through steam so they dont have to spend money on boxes and cds.
Its going to be in retail stores aswell, they got a contract with a company to produce boxes+cds for retail, but they will gain more profit via Steam. 50% of each sales goes to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom