Realized something just now.

Best answers
I've been a DBZ fan since since the late 90's, when toonami first started airing the ocean dubbed episodes (which only went up to when goku arrives on namek LMAO). Since then I've searched for most of the DBZ games or have played them: All the Budokai's, and Budokai Tenkaichi's Legends, Ultimate 22, Final Bout, VRVZ, Super DBZ, DB:Online (korean mmo), Raging Blast 1 & 2, Sagas (horrid game btw) even some of the handheld versions like Legend of Goku and Supersonic Warriors.

I've never really felt like I was playing what I had seen in the series like I was always playing a dumbed-down version of that, something loosely-based off of, something similiar but not entirely faithful. I'm realizing that THIS mod is probably the most accurate playable depiction of the battles that take place in the series, which is a funny notion because you would think that companies with monetary support would have done this years ago.

I wanted to say thanks for going through the effort of making this mod, ya'll should get a nobel peace prize or something.

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
True.

That reminds me. I only buyed a playstation to be able to play all the dbz-stuff but never liked them as much as esf. Love this mod. <3

Thanks for never give up!

sg2

Best answers
Would be intriguing if they ever made something like "World of DBZ".

Although, personally, I'm tired of seeing the DBZ characters.
They were invented out of someone's mind and I'm sure one could invent new ones and add more depth and logic to their powers.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Yeah the first time I saw ESF I was at a place where they do LANs, you pay like 6 bucks for the whole day and play on their comps. Anyway I was in there playing halo on pc back in the day, and I heard like, swooping, and kamehamehas, and I was like "Wtf? dbz?" So I walked around and saw the guy playing esf 1.1 and asked him what it was. Changed my life ^_^

I know this sounds nerdo extreme, but to be honest when esf final is released it will be a serious mark in my life, after how much time I put into the game during my teenage years :p

Stalwart Assassin
✔️ HL Verified
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I agree with a lot of what has been said. Like mutsu, I only bought a Playstation 1 (with a mod chip in it) so I could play the 3 DBZ games made for it (DBZ Legends was my favorite, despite the horrendous graphics). This mod is definitely the best representation of DBZ to date, and I probably sound nerdy like Kosherdog, but the day ESF: Final gets released, it will literally be a significant day in my life. I mean let's face it...there aren't many things that I have literally waited more than half a decade for, especially something that is a major part of my childhood.

To the Developers: Thanks for all your great work, your continued production, and for keeping the hope alive!

Data Technician
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
All said in this thread is correct.. My deepest respect to the developers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom