Realistic Fight Mode

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it would be a complete waste of time

who would do a game mode where u have to fight for like 50 minutes vs one person would be so boring not even worth bothering

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And yet you feel that 3x would be a waste of time as well? I mean come on. We aren't talking about a mode that somebody would throw up on a lan once in a while; this would be an official game type for tournaments, and I would bet that after people caught on we'd see a lot of those servers. 3x is just enough to *not* drag out a fight with someone who isn't worth your time more than a couple of minutes, and *is* enough to make decent battles worth staging between competative gamers. Odds are you wont take a kamehameha straight to the face, so there's little to no chance of being instaggibed by an opponent who hides and throws a beam at you. That would be a valuable gameplay extension to prevent a few of the cheaper tactics from ending things too soon.

And since you've stated that it would take a fair amount of work to accomplish such minor alterations, if they were to actually attempt to set up a mode like this they could also properly adjust transformation power levels and the damage of certain characters' attacks, like Buu's candy beam and Piccolo's eye lasers.

We're talking about a potential official game mode for tournaments. If they didn't want to half ass it they could just put a little more work into it. It isn't like it would be a totally invaluable addition to the game, and they could put it in 1.6 if they wanted to, as long as it got in game.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They could make it like Lightsaber Duel's in JK2, where everyone is watching 2 people fight, and the winner goes on. But that would get kind of boaring if the battles were to long...

Best answers
I will state for the third time that I did not intend this mode idea for internet server use, but rather as a fun way to combat friends, not total strangers, within ESF without dying too quickly.

Using this mode as a basis for tournament matches would also be a good idea which I hadn't considered before.

And if 50X is too much, as Sonic Booster said, what is to discount 3X? 5X? 10X? etc.

Another idea would be to put a slider or option for the server itself to decide on the starting hp and ki amounts, so everyone would have a personalised mode and could set the values to the settings they prefer for friendly matches, tournaments, and internet play...

Although I do realise that this sort of thing would require more time consuming coding, and so I still stick to my idea of a fixed realistic fight mode with a set X amount for hp and ki.

Best answers
tahts not a bad idea..*posted above* it says somethin like a "tournament mode" that sounds cool.. like a duel mod? i remember something from a game where u challenge ppl and thered be different parts of the level where u fight 1v1 until one loses and they keep score like that. maybe not a tournament, but a dueling mod? :]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom