Razer Copperhead vs Logitech G5

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Currently i'm using a Logitech G3 but it's kind of broken. Futureshop is having a sale, Razer Copperhead for $42 ($47 discount) and G5 for $35 ($55 discount). I like Logitech's weight cartridges but I also like Copperheads extra button.

I'm not sure which to get, anyone have any recommendations?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've had the same Logitech mouse for about ~6 years. A few months ago, the laser finally burnt out.

It wasn't a G5, but I've got a thing for Logitech now.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They are two totally different mice(sp?)

Goto the store and try em both, I've got a copperhead and you move it around with your fingers, as far as I know you use your full palm to move around the G5.

I had some difficulty adjusting to the copperhead to be honest, after having a logitech myself.
but yeah, once you get used to it, they are both pretty similar as far as I know.

Little negative thing about the copperhead though is the sensitivity changes by pressing the two side buttons at the same time, which sometimes does happen accidentally.

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've had a G5 for a while now and have no complaints. The newer models have two buttons on the side instead of one, so it makes forward-backward surfing easier.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I had the copperhead for over one year, and I can say that it's a good mouse.

However, I'd prefer g5 over copperhead.
Get the mx518 instead, it's cheaper and a bit more precise than g5 from what I hear ( I have no proof to back this up, so I'm probably wrong) .

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have the MX518 and it's pretty awesome. I wouldn't want the copperhead since you apparently have to move it around with your fingers which just sounds weird.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The funny thing is, I'm almost positive that the G5's laser is actualy licenced from Razer. It really just comes down to software and features, as the laser equipment is almost identical. I have the G5, and I love every minute of it, it is truly a prince amongst paupers. I don't know about the copperhead first hand though.

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
So I went against all your advice and bought a Copperhead. It's.. quite uncomfortable, using the extra buttons in-game is really hard, the right side buttons are basically impossible. The left side is difficult as well, the rubber thing sticking out of the left side is like pointless and is in the way. I'm going to keep it anyway, hopefully i'll just get used to it.

The precision is really good though, I played ESF for about an hour using 2000dpi and 1000 hz, and it's more precise then my old G3.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Good. Maybe I'll be able to beat you in ESF now.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So I went against all your advice and bought a Copperhead. It's.. quite uncomfortable, using the extra buttons in-game is really hard, the right side buttons are basically impossible. The left side is difficult as well, the rubber thing sticking out of the left side is like pointless and is in the way. I'm going to keep it anyway, hopefully i'll just get used to it.

The precision is really good though, I played ESF for about an hour using 2000dpi and 1000 hz, and it's more precise then my old G3.
If you use the mouse in your right hand, you can only use the left buttons and vice versa.
I have no problem reaching those buttons though.

The moving with the fingers part takes some getting used to, but personally I think it lets you move around more precise.

Give them both a try!
you'll probably go for the G5 after that though, based on first impression ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom