Random Terrain

Best answers
Updatessssssss!

So I decided to re-do the whole cliff, this time working on both the inner and outer parts at the same time to make things easier for me. This time it should include your suggestion, too, Muff. The polycount is pretty high for something like this, so I'll see what I can do about reducing it after I'm done with the first cliff. As for the bridge and trees, I'll be doing those last. I want each tree to be different, so that'll definitely be time consuming. :)

Also, if any of you guys have any ideas on a border (for the inner map limit), please let me know as I'm completely out of ideas.
not baaaaaaad Dam! like you stated, lots o'polyg0nz used D: dont be affraid to add some stuff from the modifier stack - noise etc, you can push out those cliff face quads to form some nice defined rock faces aswell. Get some sharpness in the cliff formations aswell as some rounded sections near the tops (mix and match them :X)

oh and invest in SpeedTree :p

keep it up d00d

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
not baaaaaaad Dam! like you stated, lots o'polyg0nz used D: dont be affraid to add some stuff from the modifier stack - noise etc, you can push out those cliff face quads to form some nice defined rock faces aswell. Get some sharpness in the cliff formations aswell as some rounded sections near the tops (mix and match them :X)

oh and invest in SpeedTree :p

keep it up d00d
Haha, I find this hilarious because I was actually looking at a few videos of Speed Tree earlier today.. it's ****ing amazing but I doubt I can use it with this map :(:(:(

Thanks btw <3<3<3

Also, I decided to set the map up for ingame use and I took a few shots.. just remember that this is very very very early and will have proper collision and textures later :)

http://img19.yfrog.com/gal.php?g=nnktenchibridge0000.png

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Small update, wasn't too happy with what I had, decided to add more "buldges":

Just note that I need to make the cliff more sharper.

Oh yeah, and Glode, I'm definitely using those tools, used the shift tool just now to come up with that.. they're very very helpful :)

Last edited:
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've been modeling on and off for about 6 years, I just haven't really been actively modeling until a year or so after I returned to the community. :S

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
great! but you used an illegal copy and you will go to prison with Adam Sandler to play rugby!!!

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm fine with that just as long as I star in his next movie! XD

Edit: Last updates for the night, I started to manually screw with the verticies to shape the cliff a bit more, should be done in about 30 mins once I get started, after that I think I'll start leveling the grass on top of the cliff and then finally get started on the second cliff. :)

Last edited:
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay, I *think* I'm done with the first cliff. I leveled the grass and did some additions to the front of the cliff... 2nd cliff coming soon!:

Also huge thanks to Ready and Layne for giving me tips <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom