Remember to look at

"Not ingame / not actual gameplay footage"

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually, that is Actual gameplay footage.
They just want to avoid stupid people that would go: that looks like crap, the textures are so low res, wth is that xray vision.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Uh, no, the devs themselves have stated not only in the video, but on their website, that it isn't gameplay footage "The movie does not feature actual ingame footage, it's pre-rendered." from their mouths. It may look like it at times, but no. Also, I love what they say about "Taking back the FPS crown from Battlefield & Call of Duty"

Rainbow Six never had that crown. Also, the series is going down hills, fast. Vegas 1 & 2 were pretty good, but compared to the old one, it's just been getting more & more arcade like. You used to need to plan, use tactics, ectera. Now it's all go rambo. Where the hell is Swat 5?:p

I love arcade games, but I play Rainbow Six for a more tactical game...however, this concept footage...shows it even more arcade styled. It's due out in 2013 though, so they got a long time.

[video=youtube_share;BF7d7V3Vdd4]http://youtu.be/BF7d7V3Vdd4[/video]

Good old days.

Last edited:
Red Saiyan Mod
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Very impressive level of realism. It's astounding how cinematic games have become.
I haven't played Rainbow Six in long time. It's certainly looking good.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Level of realism? How far they have come?!

It's a STEP BACK! Gameplay wise. At least what they envision.

Red Saiyan Mod
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Maybe a step in the right direction. Rainbow Six is one of the games that plays too real.
You take a couple shots and your done. No health bar. No medical packs. Just raw hardcore realism.
Sure that's what they've always been about, and it forces you to think about every action.
But those kind of games can be really frusterating too. But to each his own.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well here is the thing. That is the type of game it is supposed to be. Hardcore Realism. That is what it's tag-line had pretty much been.

Now they decide to throw in regenerating health, third person, the ability to charge a room full of enemies mindlessly killing them, rather than taking your time. Previous ones would also reward you extra if you could subdue an enemy without killing him. The game was about this kind of thing. There are plenty of non-realism games, but very few realism games, because as you said, they are frustrating. However, this is the franchises STRENGTH...and to just turn it into another Call of Duty...I hate.

They're also giving a compelling character / drama thing, trying to make a complex plot. Rainbow 6 has always been about a rather generic soldier who completes missions, to help you get into the game. Much like BF3 did, they are now throwing in this very much cliche Singleplayer story, trying to get us to care about the characters circumstances.

It's just like...what if WoW suddenly became a hardcore MMORPG. Everyone would quit; they love it because a 8 year old can max out and get Legendary gear. But what if you suddenly had to try?

Vice versa with this, the game is supposed to be hard, but make it easy, and you alienate your fanbase who supported you all these years.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Uh, no, the devs themselves have stated not only in the video, but on their website, that it isn't gameplay footage "The movie does not feature actual ingame footage, it's pre-rendered." from their mouths.
Well, you get back to me when the game releases and has that same mission that plays exactly the same as the 'prerendered video'.

From the footage, it's pretty clear that this is the tutorial mission, which should never be more than a run through the movement, shooting and the style of the game.
It does suck that they went with the 'one team' approach again. I miss being able to control several teams, though I don't miss the whole planning part of the mission. Granted, they could've gone with a redesign instead of removing it entirely, but I guess they went with whatever the customers want.
You must keep in mind that players wanting the 'hardcore' experience are a really smart part of sales. Most players almost never used the planning section, never controlled all the squads in parallel and would be discouraged by situations that require tactic. Ideally, they should release the game with two different play styles: casual and hardcore, but there's rarely time and money to do that. Also, the company doesn't really care about how the game is played if it sells... Sadly...
I'm hoping they will polish and work on what they accomplished with RB6 Vegas 2, where you could finish a mission 'rambo style', but you were also rewarded for stealth kills in an equal manner.
I hope the coop mode gets reworked. I really want to see 2 or more squads controlled by several players, on maps with multiple paths and starting zones. Maybe some competitive modes where 4 players on two opposing sides control their squads to complete objectives in attack/defense scenarios.
Come to think of it, that's what's missing in shooters these days: non linear missions, with multiple paths and objectives.

Also, Kilbride, no offence, but the video you posted shows nothing of the the tactical side of RB6. Most of the enemies react slowly than an old lady in a wheel chair, the movement seems clunky and the player spent most of the time in crouch mode.

PS. There's nothing wrong in an 8 year old being able to get to max level and receive legendaries (besides the ESRB rating), as long as that 8 year old learned how to play the game. WOW might not be as hardcore as it was in the past, but end game raiding and heroics are totally not casual. Do some research and state some real facts instead of making up stuff from what your friends tell you. That only makes you seem naive and weak minded. ;)

Last edited:
Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Features:

- Marketing team changed the name to Rainbox 6 instead of Rainbox six after the new logo was made
- Story is important to the team
- People couldn’t remember characters, why they were there, etc. in Rainbox Six Vegas 2
- Wanted a story that was plausible, relevant, touches on current fears of U.S. citizens
- Settings won’t be boring/conventional just because it’s set in the U.S.
- 80% of the game set in iconic areas such as Pebble Beach, California, NYC
- 20% takes place beyond national borders (Bering Strait and Poti, Georgia, coastal city on the Black Sea)
- Enemies inspired by para-military groups, politcal radicals, former military men/women who have returned home and feel forgotten/disenfranchised
- New collective of militias: True Patriots
- Led by figurehead named Tredway
- Tredway wants to overthrow the govenment
- He understands that a movement begun today won’t necessarily result in a conclusive/lasting change tomorrow
- Tredway willing to martyr himself for the cause
- Main targets are the government/financial institutions
- He believes they are colluding at the detriment of the common man
- Aspires to behead corporate America
- Tredway has a standing army of trained insurgents who look/act/talk like everyone else in America
- Patriots are involved in strategic strikes when an opportunity arises, then disappear back into everyday society
- You won’t just play from the perspective of the elite Team Rainbow outfit; also take on the role of a True Patriot
- Team wants combat to feel more visceral
- Staff taking measures to ensure that different animations play when you shoot an enemy in the shoulder, leg, back, or front
- Strength of the weapon impact on enemies will be considered
- Team wants to create context around the True Patriots and give you insight into what led them to join this group, rather than simply create shock value
- Team Rainbow has undergone a radical transformation
- New operational guideliens have been put in place because old-school counter-terrorism isn’t an effective detterant anymore
- Zulu squad leader James Wolfe is the driving force of this new direction
- Wolfe is a former Navy SEAL who fervently believes in doing whatever it takes to thwart the True Patiots
- Wolfe willing to take ethical shortcuts to take out the True Patriots’ leader swiftly
- Rainbow is going to appear at the site of a terrorist event before the police show up and cordon off the hotel with yellow tape
- Place as Echo squad’s leader
- He is a new member of Team Rainbow, looks up to Wolfe like a father figure
- Choose whether to adopt Wolfe’s harsh tactics or go with another approach
- Not exempt from tought situational decisions
- For the demo, the player has to hold down the detonation button for the remainder of the sequence (shown in the video)
- Ground level with Echo team shows off the new Rappel 2.5 tech powering Patriots
- New Rainbow teams move with energy and excitement down the faces of buildings/bridges instead of a slow/methodical rappel
- Run down the side of the building at full speed while firing your gun on unsuspecting targets below if you want
- More fast-paced transitions on/off the rope
- Evolved control scheme
- Can use legacy controls from Rainbow Six Vegas
- New control scheme: feels more in line with modern shooters, transitions players in and out of cover more intuitively
- New animations for the cover system (vaulting, blind fire, moving from cover to cover seamlessly)
- Tactical controls streamlined
- New one-button tactics: smart interface that contextually determines what your team should be doing based on the location of enemies/what they’re doing
- Place the reticle over an environmental object such as a door; AI squad will then choose a smart breach and call out their intentions so you are aware of their plans
- Still has extended team command menu
- Control your team actions right down to the type of grenade you want them to use in a certain breaching scenario
- Therien issues contextual commands as Echo team moves forward down the bridge
- Squads react in a smart manner, take cover, select targets automatically
- AI enhancements for enemy soldiers
- Scan mode: informational HUD inspired by the TSA airport scanners
- Use scan mode to more easily spot threats including firearms (highlighted in yellow)
- Situation using scan mode: 6 terrorists holed up in a garage with three points of entry; hostage on his knees with a shotgun-wielding enemy behind him; spook him and the VIP will die
- AI enhancements for enemy soldiers
- Several AI arche-types
- Some even allow them to make mistakes
- Enemy may trip and fall as he goes for a new cover position
- Best enemies you take on have the full AI capabilities of your squad mates
- Shootouts won’t devolve into whack-a-mole
- Enemies won’t stand around mindlessly like AI robots
- Every enemy has a job/agenda
- Carefully select targets during urban sequences
- Team plans to track your performance and upload your results for everyone to see
- May take aggregate data based on the way people are playing and unlock or award different regions with bonuses
http://gamingeverything.com/11635/rainbow-6-tons-of-details/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh my god, I didn't even realize my PC could run Vegas 2 before just now. Must be tried.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's just like...what if WoW suddenly became a hardcore MMORPG. Everyone would quit; they love it because a 8 year old can max out and get Legendary gear. But what if you suddenly had to try?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I knew someone could offend Origin more than I could in an MMO-related topic.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You guys realize the underlying enemy in this game is the Recession, right?

Which kinda makes it the most realistic game to date.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like it. We need to hire more killers to create more jobs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom