Railgun

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hate being Mr. Morale but it's still weird to see newer and better weapons being developed, while the ones we have right now could already blow up Earth.. several times. Oh, and screw up our entire atmosphere and what not.

But who am I? :p

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Railgun what next Prisma Tank

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We need to build just one really, really, crazy-looking, super powerful ultimate weapon that won't blow up the world. Sure, a weapon of that magnitude in the hands of the wrong person could be disastrous, but if a leader who wasn't an absolute prick had it, he could basically end all wars. Who would want to fight a war when one of the sides has a weapon that could kill everyone without doing any damage to the Earth?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is Amazing, i knew they would make it in in this point sometime in 2008-2010 already :)
what will they invent next?
Ion cannon? if not already?

this is getting pretty scary, too much massive weapons with this new cutting edge technology and besides the new world war could blow anyday now, world won't live in peace forever -.-

i guess they'll start to get developing in tanks too in near future, something like a Prism Tank From Red Alert 2..
... and as soon as the terrorists get this thing, they'll enchant it with somekind of plutonium-polonium-gamma ray combination, just my opinion.

Fredericksburg.org said:
Warheads aren't needed because of the massive force of impact.
The projectile fired yesterday weighed only 3.2 kilograms and had no warhead. Future railgun ordnance won't be large and heavy, either, but will deliver the punch of a Tomahawk cruise missile because of the immense speed of the projectile at impact.
meh...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Everyone would kill each other for control of that weapon.

EDIT: That was at Zeonix.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

yeah, i wonder what will happen in june, that's when the deliverance to Dahlgren is, so i bet a group of terrorists will raid it somehow.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The next thing they will make is Metal Gear REX with its railgun right arm nuclear missile launch system.

Heck the way a rail gun works was explained in MGS >.> And they say "A year ago, this was [just] a good idea"

What a load of crap. That idea was round for a long while ^^

Anyhow its interesting. Not to mention stealthy.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Nations wouldn't risk being wiped out. If they were, the Cold War would have gotten pretty hot.

The Railgun isn't designed to blow everything up. It's a precision weapon and it makes it so that you don't have to blow up your target and everything around it in order to kill 1 guy. I'd rather we develop weapons like this and that space weapon we're building that shoots a rod down at insane speeds, causing tremendous damage to whatever it's being aimed at than have people trying to figure out how to make nukes smaller, and thus easier to use.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thing with the Cold War was that both sides had nuclear weapons.. If only one side had them it wouldn't have as much of a war would it? More like a monopoly on mass destruction weapons I think. If for example, America would be the ONLY country in the world with a weapon like that.. then can preach peace all they want and nobody is going to buy it. :(

It's a sad world we live in.

Best answers
Thing with the Cold War was that both sides had nuclear weapons.. If only one side had them it wouldn't have as much of a war would it? More like a monopoly on mass destruction weapons I think. If for example, America would be the ONLY country in the world with a weapon like that.. then can preach peace all they want and nobody is going to buy it. :(

Well they're already trying to do that....

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

They'll bank of the possibility of them developing something very similar to the Ultimate Weapon. It wouldn't make sense to attack someone who could wipe out your entire army in an instant. It would be pretty obvious if a nation were to begin mobilizing for war, and we'd have no choice but to warn them. If they choose not to listen, they'll be made an example of what not to do.

I don't remember every country attacking America when we were the only country with atomic weapons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom