RAGE - WTFHMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!111111!!!!!1

Super Saiyan Dabura
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
This game is probably the best looking game atm, I can't believe (from an 3d artist point of view) at what I see, only those levels apart are ******* awesome.

Now I didn't really search for what and how it works in game, but I'm sure to say that I will play this mofo.

[video=youtube;PHRa3ZhVE1c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHRa3ZhVE1c[/video]

If any of you not lazy enough people can tell me, what engine is that, to me it looks like cry engine 3, idk

Thoughts?

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
What?

Are you high? All my tech and graphic whore friends are complaining about how ugly the game looks. How low res the textures are, and the animations not up to par. My friends who swear fealty to iD's greatness are cancelling their pre-orders and giving quite the wag of their finger.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Id_Tech_5

Uses Id's latest Engine. It is also Id's last game using OpenGL, as they've said DirectX is now flat-out superior.

Last edited:
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
What?

Are you high? All my tech and graphic whore friends are complaining about how ugly the game looks. How low res the textures are, and the animations not up to par. My friends who swear fealty to iD's greatness are cancelling their pre-orders and giving quite the wag of their finger.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Id_Tech_5

Uses Id's latest Engine. It is also Id's last game using OpenGL, as they've said DirectX is now flat-out superior.
Your friends sound like drama queens.

Misanthropist
๐ŸŒ  Staff
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
The city is pretty impressive I must say. Pity such a beautiful post-apocalyptic environment is wasted on something as exhausted and boring as zombies. The fact zombies have been so abundant is a reflection of our lack of imagination more than anything. That gameplay looks so original and fresh, I fear Ill never see another game like it.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
That gameplay looks so original and fresh, I fear Ill never see another game like it.
Really? In terms of gameplay, to me it seems like a cookie cutter FPS but with really nice environments.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Sky, please add Sarcasm tags.

Thank you.

Misanthropist
๐ŸŒ  Staff
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
If you read the first half of the sentence, you 'd realise it was sarcasm :p

EDIT: Ha, good call Z

Red Saiyan Mod
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
I am disappointed. Not at the graphics or the gameplay.
Just the fact they have a game that people love. Quake III Arena.
Why can't they update the graphics and add some new levels?
Boooom! Quake 5 Arena. Why? well.... why not? people like deathmatch.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
If you read the first half of the sentence, you 'd realise it was sarcasm :p

EDIT: Ha, good call Z
Sky, please add Sarcasm tags.

Thank you.
Eh, I took it as "the environments are cool, and the gameplay is awesome, but it's a shame they wasted it on zombies" :/

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Not interested in the least. Arkham City comes out the 15th. I'll save my pennies for something a little more worthwhile.

Super Saiyan Yamcha
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
This game is probably the best looking game atm, I can't believe (from an 3d artist point of view) at what I see, only those levels apart are ******* awesome.

Now I didn't really search for what and how it works in game, but I'm sure to say that I will play this mofo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHRa3ZhVE1c

If any of you not lazy enough people can tell me, what engine is that, to me it looks like cry engine 3, idk

Thoughts?
i love how people play in the video as if it was real life, like as if theyre actually trying to make it look more realistic

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Your friends sound like drama queens imaginary.
I know it's wrong to correct the Nix, but I'm a sucker for heresy.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
[video=youtube_share;sJDc8R2zB2g]http://youtu.be/sJDc8R2zB2g[/video]

He is raging. I understand, somewhat, considering this is Id, a company, which in the past was hailed as one of the companies that made PC gaming what it is...

Real gameplay:

[video=youtube_share;a7QiCWPYXJg]http://youtu.be/a7QiCWPYXJg[/video]

Last edited:
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Watching the Intro, all I seen was Halo.... Then I watched the beginning of the gameplay... Hey look. Master Chief has woken up to take a test to see if he is ok. He gets into the car... Boarderlands...? Hey look! Its Rosanne's husband!

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers

Rage, maxed out. Yup, 2011, Rage, Id Software, 128000 x 128000, 1TB of textures compressed to 25GB or so...and this is the result.

Last edited:
Super Saiyan Dabura
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
This is because of the big world/maps and having a lot of different things in them, they probably had to sacrifice a bit of macro looking at them textures, but as you can see it has tons of detail overall, atm our computers and engines can't provide perfect results without having to load new area every few minutes. This is ground breaking, hands down.

But I can't really judge yet as I havent played it yet, so I dont really know how it goes, is it free roam or linear, is it like Fallout 3 or is it something else..

Red Saiyan Mod
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
The developers described it not as a free roaming game to explore, but rather a vast environment that you must survive.
As for the megatextures, yea they look kinda blurry up close, but if you take a moment to step back and enjoy the overall effect, its rather nice.
Still not happy about the lack of deathmatch in multiplayer, instead you get a gritty version of mario cart, driving around and shooting at eachother. Id software knows how to make a solid FPS, so I'd say dont knock it till you try it.

UPDATE 10/06

I've been playin Rage all day, dispite it's graphic glitches. Megatextures load slowly, you can see the world around you loading.
And when you turn around everything that was already loaded, has to be loaded again.
Also there is a lighting issue where it makes certain objects (weapons, buggy, ATV) flicker like crazy.

http://www.unigamesity.com/pc-version-of-rage-plagued-by-graphic-glitches-how-to-fix/

Last edited:
Super Saiyan Dabura
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Ive beat it just now, and I must say that its pretty wack, putting a side that I had to fix all kinds of **** to make it actually work, lost few days doing that, searching and waiting for new drivers to come out, and after I did all that I still had those evil things still popping and looking awkward like Phrack said.

But I gathered some info about bad texture quality as stated from before. This game is pretty much locked on a default texture resolution and other video **** that you can't really customize, you have to make some windows files with lines of code to actually work things behind the games back if you want high definition textures and what not.

Story is pretty much do this for me if you want to continue and 90% desert driving. I literally was ******* happy when I could actually leave that boring **** and go to the Dead City which looks amazing btw, kill some big mutants and have real post-apocalyptic fun if you know what I mean. End of the game is pretty boring, last mission brings nothing new really.

Overall, I suggest that you don't buy this game, save your selves a headache.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I like the game, but the fact that it doesnt autosave is starting to piss me off.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Even though it appears to be big, even Far Cry 2 does look a lot better to me. As far as i can see it's ok for its graphics, but upcoming games like battlefield 3 or Modern Warfare 3 are way superior to this.
And the gameplay doesn't look that amazing at all, just like Duke Nukem i would say oo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom