Quotes

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Post some of your favorite quotes from anything about anything.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"Now pull up your pants, clean up the blood, stop crying, and tell Mom nothing."

-Dad

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright, allow me to change the subject of this thread slightly.

"Now pull up your pants, clean up the blood, stop crying, and tell Mom nothing."

-Dad
Post some of your favorite quotes from anything about anything except that.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Alright, allow me to change the subject of this thread slightly.

Post some of your favorite quotes from anything about anything except that.
That just made my night thank you. I lol'd so hard.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have a few:

Diogenes of Sinope said:
When asked how he wished to be buried, he left instructions to be thrown outside the city wall so wild animals could feast on his body. When asked if he minded this, he said, "Not at all, as long as you provide me with a stick to chase the creatures away!" When asked how he could use the stick since he would lack awareness, he replied "If I lack awareness, then why should I care what happens to me when I am dead?
Albert Schweitzer said:
The awareness that we are all human beings together has become lost in war and through politics.
Henry David Thoreau said:
Is a democracy, such as we know it, the last improvement possible in government? Is it not possible to take a step further towards recognizing and organizing the rights of man? There will never be a really free and enlightened State until the State comes to recognize the individual as a higher and independent power, from which all its own power and authority are derived, and treats him accordingly.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kumasaka and Katsunori Kazama in Godzilla: Final Wars said:
The point of training isn't to defeat your partner Kazama.

Then what is the point?

To be stronger than you were yesterday.
I love the message in this one, and it was one of the few redeeming parts of the movie.

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
"If you can't find something to live for, you'd best find something to die for."

-Tupac Shakur

Last edited:
Best answers
Wow, Forgive me but i have been saving up quotes for like 4 years, so this post may be long, and i may have to double post to put em all up

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.

I worshipped dead men for their strength,
Forgetting I was strong.

Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal: my strength lies solely in my tenacity.

The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

The trouble with most people is that they think with their hopes or fears or wishes rather than with their minds.

I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge -- myth is more potent than history -- dreams are more powerful than facts -- hope always triumphs over experience -- laughter is the cure for grief -- love is stronger than death.

Nothing worth doing is completed in our lifetime,
Therefore, we are saved by hope.
Nothing true or beautiful or good makes complete sense in any immediate context of history;
Therefore, we are saved by faith.
Nothing we do, however virtuous, can be accomplished alone.
Therefore, we are saved by love.
No virtuous act is quite a virtuous from the standpoint of our friend or foe as from our own;
Therefore, we are saved by the final form of love which is forgiveness.

If you lose hope, somehow you lose the vitality that keeps life moving, you lose that courage to be, that quality that helps you go on in spite of it all. And so today I still have a dream.

Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow them.

A sobering thought: what if, at this very moment, I am living up to my full potential?

Hope is the worst of evils, for it prolongs the torments of man.

I have learned two lessons in my life: first, there are no sufficient literary, psychological, or historical answers to human tragedy, only moral ones. Second, just as despair can come to one another only from other human beings, hope, too, can be given to one only by other human beings.

Courage, it would seem, is nothing less than the power to overcome danger, misfortune, fear, injustice, while continuing to affirm inwardly that life with all its sorrows is good; that everything is meaningful even if in a sense beyond our understanding; and that there is always tomorrow.

Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.

We can learn from history how past generations thought and acted, how they responded to the demands of their time and how they solved their problems. We can learn by analogy, not by example, for our circumstances will always be different than theirs were. The main thing history can teach us is that human actions have consequences and that certain choices, once made, cannot be undone. They foreclose the possibility of making other choices and thus they determine future events.

My will shall shape the future. Whether I fail or succeed shall be no man's doing but my own. I am the force; I can clear any obstacle before me or I can be lost in the maze. My choice; my responsibility; win or lose, only I hold the key to my destiny.

The single clenched fist lifted and ready,
Or the open hand held out and waiting.
Choose:
For we meet by one or the other.

How is one to live a moral and compassionate existence when one is fully aware of the blood, the horror inherent in life, when one finds darkness not only in one's culture but within oneself? If there is a stage at which an individual life becomes truly adult, it must be when one grasps the irony in its unfolding and accepts responsibility for a life lived in the midst of such paradox. One must live in the middle of contradiction, because if all contradiction were eliminated at once life would collapse. There are simply no answers to some of the great pressing questions. You continue to live them out, making your life a worthy expression of leaning into the light.

Life’s battles don’t always go to the stronger or faster man, but sooner or later the man who wins is the one who thinks he can win – Bruce Lee

When love and friendship join hands, there can be no stronger bond.

Sometimes we get the one we want - only to discover we were wrong.

There is perhaps no greater frustration than caring when you really don't want to care

Some day my boat will come in, and with my luck I'll be at the airport.

The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail. Travel too fast and you miss all you are traveling for.

The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.

The end of wisdom is to dream high enough to lose the dream in the seeking of it.

In science as in love, too much concentration on technique can often lead to impotence

Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the men of old; seek what they sought.

It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees!

Unless commitment is made, there are only promises and hopes... but no plans.

This life is yours. Take the power to choose what you want to do and do it well. Take the power to love what you want in life and love it honestly. Take the power to walk in the forest and be a part of nature. Take the power to control your own life. No one else can do it for you. Take the power to make your life happy.

Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.

Mishaps are like knives, that either serve us or cut us, as we grasp them by the blade or the handle.

There is no meaning to life except the meaning man gives to his life by the unfolding of his powers.

Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in, forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day, you shall begin it well and serenely...

In your thirst for knowledge, be sure not to drown in all the information.

Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.

It is better to be prepared for an opportunity and not have one than to have an opportunity and not be prepared.

Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand.

The harder you fight to hold on to specific assumptions, the more likely there's gold in letting go of them.

It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out, it's the grain of sand in your shoe.

Experience is a dear teacher, but fools will learn at no other.

Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go.

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."
-Gandhi

Did you hear about the rose that grew from a crack in the concrete?

Proving nature's law is wrong it learned to walk with out having feet.

Funny it seems, but by keeping it's dreams, it learned to breathe fresh air.

Long live the rose that grew from concrete when no one else ever cared.

Don't miss someone from your past, there is a reason why they didn't make it to your future. In the end you will know who matters and who never will.

If you believe in light, it's because of obscurity. If you believe in joy, it's because of sadness. And if you believe in God, it's because of the devil.

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.

In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. Our life is a long and arduous quest after Truth.

There are two rules for success...1) Never tell everything you know.

We do our best that we know how at the moment, and if it doesn't turn out, we modify it.
If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If I am not for others, what am I? And if not now, when?
In the world there are only two tragedies. One is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
A penny will hide the biggest star in the Universe if you hold it close enough to your eye.
The fact that man knows right from wrong proves his intellectual superiority to other creatures; but the fact that he can do wrong proves his moral inferiority to any creature that cannot.

Years wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul
Anything not worth doing is worth not doing well. Think about it.
And in knowing that you know nothing, that makes you the smartest of all. – Socrates
And in knowing that you know nothing, that makes you the smartest of all. – Julius Caesar
If a man does his best, what else is there? - General George S. Patton
Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. - Albert Einstein
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use. - Galileo Galilei
I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have. - Thomas Jefferson
Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems. - Rene Descartes
Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right. - Henry Ford
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.- Napoleon Bonaparte
The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed.
Women might be able to fake orgasms. But men can fake a whole relationship.- Sharon Stone
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.
All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusion is called a philosopher.
The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.
Egotist: a person more interested in himself than in me.
In any contest between power and patience, bet on patience.

The most precious gift we can offer others is our presence. When mindfulness embraces those we love, they will bloom like flowers.
If you give your heart to another, they may abuse it. If you show your heart to another they can only bask in its radiance
In spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart. I simply can't build up my hopes on a foundation consisting of confusion, misery and death.
Believe that life is worth living, and the belief will create the fact.

Against a day of sorrow. Lay by some trifling thing a smile, a kiss, a promise for sweet remembering. So when your days are darkest, without one rift of blue, take out your little trifle, and dream a dream anew.

For peace and trust can win the day, despite of all your losing

Forgiveness is me giving up the right to hurt you because you hurt me.

If you are ever going to see a rainbow, you have got to stand a little rain

“There are people who can walk away from you. And hear me when I tell you this! When people can walk away from you: let them walk.

I don't want you to try to talk another person into staying with you, loving you, calling you, caring about you, coming to see you, staying attached to you. I mean hang up the phone.

When people can walk away from you let them walk. Your destiny is never tied to anybody that left. The bible said that, they came out from us that it might be made manifest that they were not for us. For had they been of us, no doubt they would have continued with us. [1 John 2:19]

People leave you because they are not joined to you. And if they are not joined to you, you can't make them stay. Let them go. And it doesn't mean that they are a bad person it just means that their part in the story is over. And you've got to know when people's part in your story is over so that you don't keep trying to raise the dead. You've got to know when it's dead.

You've got to know when it's over. Let me tell you something. I've got the gift of good-bye. It's the tenth spiritual gift, I believe in
good-bye. It's not that I'm hateful, it's that I'm faithful, and I know whatever God means for me to have He'll give it to me. And if it takes too much sweat I don't need it. Stop begging people to stay. Let them go!!

If you are holding on to something that doesn't belong to you and was never intended for your life, then you need to ..LET IT GO!!!
If you are holding on to past hurts and pains ...LET IT GO!!!
If someone can't treat you right, love you back, and see your worth...LET IT GO!!!
If someone has angered you ... LET IT GO!!!
If you are holding on to some thoughts of evil and revenge .. LET IT GO!!!
If you are involved in a wrong relationship or addiction ... LET IT GO!!!
If you are holding on to a job that no longer meets your needs or talents ... LET IT GO!!!

If you have a bad attitude...LET IT GO!!!
If you keep judging others to make yourself feel better... LET IT GO!!!
If you're stuck in the past and God is trying to take you to a new level in Him... LET IT GO!!!
If you are struggling with the healing of a broken relationship....LET IT GO!!!
If you keep trying to help someone who won't even try to help themselves...LET IT GO!!!
If you're feeling depressed and stressed .... LET IT GO!!!
If there is a particular situation that you are so used to handling yourself and God is saying "take your hands off of it," then you need to... LET IT GO!!!

Let the past be the past. Forget the former things. LET IT GO!!! Get Right or Get Left .. think about it, and then LET IT Go!” - Chris

“Maybe our journey meant nothing after all” – Kingdom Hearts 2

In all things there are three choices: Yes, No & no choice, except in this -- I either choose the truth or I am deceit.

I expect nothing. I fear no one. I am free.

I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter.

If one advances confidently in the direction of one's dreams, and endeavors to live the life which one has imagined, one will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.

Each man takes care that his neighbor shall not cheat him. But a day comes when he begins to care that he does not cheat his neighbor. Then all goes well -- he has changed his market-cart into a chariot of the sun.

Love and magic have a great deal in common. They enrich the soul, delight the heart. And they both take practice.

In a time of drastic change it is the learners who inherit the future. The learned usually find themselves equipped to live in a world that no longer exists.

One problem with gazing too frequently into the past is that we may turn around to find the future has run out on us.

This is as true in everyday life as it is in battle: we are given one life and the decision is ours whether to wait for circumstances to make up our mind, or whether to act, and in acting, to live.

There are three things which if one does not know; one cannot live long in the world: what is too much for one, what is too little for one, and what is just right for one.

The strongest principle of growth lies in the human choice.

To be ignorant of what happened before you were born is to be ever a child. For what is man's lifetime unless the memory of past events is woven with those of earlier times?

Power is not revealed by striking hard or often, but by striking true.

As long as the world shall last there will be wrongs, and if no man objected and no man rebelled, those wrongs would last forever.

Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment.

Don't abuse your friends and expect them to consider it criticism.

To pull together is to avoid being pulled apart.

When I examine myself and my methods of thought, I come to the conclusion that the gift of fantasy has meant more to me than any talent for abstract, positive thinking.

Life's real failure is when you do not realize how close you were to success when you gave up.

All the problems of the world could be settled if people were only willing to think. The trouble is that people very often resort to all sorts of devices in order not to think, because thinking is such hard work.

All that we are is the result of what we have thought.

If a thing goes without saying -- let it.

Men are rewarded or punished not for what they do but for how their acts are defined. That is why men are more interested in better justifying themselves than in better behaving themselves.

People are more easily led than driven.

I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belong to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again. Who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause. Who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

There are good men and bad men of all nationalities, creeds and colors; and if this world of ours is ever to become what we hope some day it may become, it must be by the general recognition that the man's heart and soul, the man's worth and actions, determine his standing."

If a man does not have an ideal and try to live up to it, then he becomes a mean, base and sordid creature, no matter how successful."

There are two things that I want you to make up your minds to: first, that you are going to have a good time as long as you live - I have no use for the sour-faced man - and next, that you are going to do something worthwhile, that you are going to work hard and do the things you set out to do

Success - the real success - does not depend upon the position you hold, but upon how you carry yourself in that position."

I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life; I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well."

There is not a man of us who does not at times need a helping hand to be stretched out to him, and then shame upon him who will not stretch out the helping hand to his brother."

Don't hit at all if you can help it; don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep.”

--Theodore Roosevelt

Anything I've ever done that ultimately was worthwhile... initially scared me to death.

I was like a boy playing on the sea-shore, and diverting myself now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me.

I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

Fall seven times, stand up eight

If you want to test your memory, try to recall what you were worrying about one year ago today.

The future is not a result of choices among alternative paths offered by the present, but a place that is created--created first in the mind and will, created next in activity. The future is not some place we are going to, but one we are creating. The paths are not to be found, but made, and the activity of making them, changes both the maker and the destination.

It gets you nowhere if the other person's tail is only just in sight for the second half of the conversation.

Those that know, do. Those that understand, teach.

With love and patience, nothing is impossible.

I just can't give up now...I’ve come too far from where I started from

I don't want a boy. I’ve found a boy. God can be my boy. My everything. I’m done with the path I was going down. I won't let some stupid boy ruin my perception of life. Therefore, I will not let the idea that there is one loser out there that couldn't make me happy jade me in any way. I want love. And now that I’m over the idea of begging for love from someone who will never give in, I am done with the pessimistic attitude that once scarred my heart. I refuse to push myself into pretending I’m in love. Not again. And as for you, you'll be my secret. – Ashley Simmons

“If you don't go after the one you're in love with, you'll regret not doing so in the future.
A man who allows opportunities to pass him by is asleep with his eyes open” – Zeonix

When my choice is between living and dying, I no longer have to be afraid to live my dreams.

Right and wrong are not what separate us from our enemies.
It’s our standpoints, our different perspectives.

When one door closes, another opens. But, we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we fail to see the one that has opened for us.

Nothing in the world is the way it ought to be. - It's harsh, and cruel. - But that's why there's us. Champions. It doesn't matter where we come from, what we've done or suffered, or even if we make a difference. We live as though the world was what it should be, to show it what it can be.

History is like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever

In the journey through life, it is not the final outcome that makes the difference, but rather the path one chooses to take

Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death

You can win a thousand battles, but you can only lose one.

Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men.

Did you know it was impossible to get insurance when you're in love?

The difference between being involved and being committed is like a ham and cheese sandwich: the chicken was involved, the pig was committed

Fear... Fear attracts the fearful... The Strong.. The Weak.. The Innocent.. The Corrupt.... Fear... Fear is my ally

Man will occasionally stumble over the truth, but usually manages to pick himself up, walk over or around it, and carry on.

Leadership is the ability to hide your panic from others.

I never think of the future. It comes soon enough

Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Hope for the best, expect the worst. Life is a play. We're unrehearsed.

I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be.

Well, I'll tell you something about your famous 'Future': Everyday I wake up, it's still
the present -- the same grimy, boring present. I don't think this 'future' thing really
exist.

He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask is a fool forever.

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

The secret of luck is never to trust it.

Why do we try to define people as simply good or simply evil? Because no one wants to admit that compassion and cruelty can live side by side in one heart, and that anyone is capable of anything.

Those who live by the sword shall die by the sword.

"Anger is a killing thing: it kills the man who angers, for each rage leaves him less than he had been before - it takes something from him.

A man who won't die for something is not fit to live.

He dares to be a fool, and that is the first step in the direction of wisdom.

What are you lookin' at? You're all a bunch of ****in' ass holes. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be. You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your ****in' fingers, and say "that's the bad guy." So, what'll that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth... even when I lie. So say goodnight to the bad guy. Come on. The last time you gonna see a bad guy like this again, let me tell you.

If wishes were fishes, we'd all cast nets

The gun doesn't kill, the gunner does

If you can give your son or daughter only one gift, let it be enthusiasm.

"Do you know what lies beyond that beach? Immortality! Take it, it's yours!"- Achillies, Troy

Women= Time x Money. Time=Money -> Women=Money^2. Money is the Root of all Evil, -> Women=[sqrt(evil)]^2. Thus Women= evil

Fighting for peace is like having sex for virginity

Always keep your words soft and sweet... Just in case you have to eat them

When I talk dirty to women, its sexual harassment...
But when a woman talks dirty to me...its 2.99/min

For every ingenious move, there are hundreds of just plain STUPID moves hidden in the depths of your memory.

Is there an indelible line dividing sanity from insanity or do they change, one into the other, at the slightest turn of events? Soon we'll find out that the whole world is insane.

It was just that he was all alone. Never had anyone to share the game. A man who lived in dreams. That's all he was.

It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishment the scroll, I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul

Perceive that which cannot be seen with the eye.

One cannot describe sight to the blind; you'll have to stumble upon it yourself.

You will not go in there with hopes of winning the tournament the first time you compete, to do so will be arrogant, and arrogance is for fools not warriors, so you will enter the tournament with the soul purpose for improving your fighting skills

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. Your hands can’t hit what your eyes can’t see.

Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend. Adapt!

Better never to have met you in my dream than to wake and reach for hands that are not there.

There is love of course. And then there's life, its enemy.

Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.

I was never one to patiently pick up broken fragments and glue them together again and tell myself that the mended whole was as good as new. What is broken is broken -- and I'd rather remember it as it was at its best than mend it and see the broken places as long as I lived.

The way to love anything is to realize that it might be lost.

The hottest love has the coldest end.

Even destiny makes room for the strong willed.
The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero uses his fear, projects it onto his opponent, while the coward runs. It's the same thing, fear, but it's what you do with it that matters." - D'Amato

““There is no honest woman with an uncorrupted heart whom a man is not sure of conquering by dint of gratitude. It is one of the surest and shortest means.”[97] Alcohol and violence, for him, were not proper tools of seduction.[98] Instead, attentiveness and small favors should be employed to soften a woman’s heart, but “a man who makes known his love by words is a fool”. Verbal communication is essential; “without speech, the pleasure of love is diminished by at least two-thirds”, but words of love must be implied not boldly proclaimed.” – Giacomo Casanova

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"Friendly fire, isn't"
-Quote from CoD4 waiting screen. Love those quotes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom