Question/Suggestion Concerning Keeping Track Of Opponent

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not sure if the ESF team have already got an anwser for this. But here is what I think anyways.

First the Question:

The new melee system is great, I love it and just know the ESF team will make is fun no matter what. But what i'm concerned about is how will you keep track of your opponent? Now that you no longer lock on, how will you tell who you are fighting in a large server of ten or twelve people, and don't end up attacking someone else, inturrupting there melee battle.

Now for the Suggestion:

If there is currently no way of telling who from who, then I think the following idea should be implemented. When you first engage someone in melee, as soon as you start autopunching someone, something should appear to let you pick this guy out from the other players. I'm not sure what, maybe change the colour of the diamond above your opponents head, or just throwing that old red square around them. Whatever would change, it would be enough to allow you to distinguish this guy from everyone else once they've been mixed together with five other guys.

Now this little change to let you tell who he is would only be there for a 3 or 4 seconds, just enough time for you to get a good idea where he is in the large scrum of people.

I think this would stop much confusion, and allow players who want to fight one person at a time, to keep track of him, also it wouldn't be a distraction for people who run around attacking everyone.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First off: You will still have radar. Secondly: Swooping speeds are being reduced in 1.2 . It is no longer a game of "go as fast as you can until you hit them in the head or in the back," it's more tactical now. It'll be harder to hide away from people in 1.2, though it will be possible I'm sure. Just run your cursor over the enemy to see what his name is if you lose track though. With the system being slower than it used to be it shouldn't be a huge problem though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
another thing is look at dbz theres tons of times where people loose sight of their oppononant so why should it be impossible to lose someone in esf?

if u need to keep track of them so badly then u should keep a sharp eye out

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
or get a huge monitor and set the resolution to 640x480, its so big so u can't lose them!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
...and have one pixel per inch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom