Quantum Levitation

sg2

Best answers
Oh, neat! That particular video/experiment was conducted in Tel-Aviv, Israel...
I didn't know we had cool science exhibitions specifically like these.

Also, another proof we're not riding camels in the desert and living in tents! :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh, neat! That particular video/experiment was conducted in Tel-Aviv, Israel...
I didn't know we had cool science exhibitions specifically like these.

Also, another proof we're not riding camels in the desert and living in tents! :p
No, those are the people you oppress to attain your current level of luxury.

I meant publishing, as in putting it on the exhibition's youtube channel. It's new enough for the general public, and its probably not that often that they get to see such superconducting 'installations' in action.
The general public also thinks you can blow things up with small quantities of Cesium and Francium if they've watched Brainiac. It doesn't make it correct. A lot of popular science is in error, and at science conventions, there really is no excuse to be. They're not making television, and mistakes carry over.

Because some moron doctor half century ago or more stated that vitamin C was good for curing the common cold, people believe it still today. I'm opposed to the very principle of giving false information and names to things merely because they are popular.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not personal. It's national. I'll make you a deal: When Israel stops treating its neighbours like dirt (that you plow over to build new Israeli homes on), and shouting "antisemite" at everyone who disagrees with its foreign policy, then I will not mention Israel in a negative light when it comes up. In fact, I might comment on its great fruit production instead!

However, until then, I'm afraid you're a bit out of luck.

Note that if I were attacking you personally, I'd obviously leave it alone after being asked nicely. But since this is of national concern and no more inflammatory than obviously using rhetoric in conjunction with observable, empirical facts about said nation, I see no reason why I need to. People shouldn't have to stop criticizing America for its wars, either, nor should the people of America be offended that others criticize their policies - though, obviously, making sweeping statements about a people would be different.

Edit:

Note that I've had way too much caffeine, to the point of toxicity, so I might actually be making some kind of sense without flaming anyone. Please disregard my civility as it will pass by morning.

Edit 2:

Also, we're a bit off-topic, so if you'd like to continue this, please send me a PM as a reply rather than posting in this thread. It will please Cucumba greatly.

Last edited:

sg2

Best answers
First of all I'm glad you're not pointing a finger at me, because I had a few discussions already in the past where the argument went: "***k you and your country! murderers bibi natanyahu haha you will all die idiots" (mindless anger artistically phrased).

I don't understand why you would accuse Israel of treating its neighbors like dirt, because:
Last Tuesday Israel freed Gilad Shalit, a prisoner who was captive for the last five years in the prisons of Lebannon.
To the point - Gilad Shalit was traded for a thousand Arabs who were imprisoned for criminal acts, some of them murderous.

Why is this important? Because the ones asking to trade for large quantities weren't us. So, if we would succumb to free one human in exchange for a thousand, it's them who are treating themselves like dirt.

"antisemite"? I call Nazis antisemite. The fact you can distinguish between my nation and myself as an individual, makes me not want to call you antisemite. Because you don't hate me just for being Jewish or Israeli. Which is probably what antisemite implies.

"that you plow over to build new Israeli homes on", doesn't sound rational at all in the era I'm living in. I'm trying to think where you brought that from because it's not the mentality of most of the Israelis. I don't like Bibi Natanyahu all that much but there is a quotation of him that I liked after watching the news too many times: "If the Arabs drop their weapons, there will be peace. If the Israelis drop their weapons, there will be no more Israel."

For the record, I'm a hypocrite.
I am justifying Israel's actions and ideals but all the same I'm one of the few people who did not serve in the army which is a must in this country by the age of 18 till at least 21.
I did so for selfish reasons only. It didn't pay off.

I see you using the terms "OBSERVABLE" "EMPIRICAL FACTS", but I have a pretty good feeling that you aren't seeing the bigger picture nor you are seeing it very clearly. I doubt I could convince you, because you seem to have filled your cup almost to its fullest.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Also, we're a bit off-topic, so if you'd like to continue this, please send me a PM as a reply rather than posting in this thread. It will please Cucumba greatly.
I think this guy might be on to something in this quote.

sg2

Best answers
Indeed, but it was added later on in your edited post.
Which I did not see at the time I was typing so religiously.
To be honest, I wouldn't like this forum nearly as much if it were actually about ESF. > =]

...I will respect your request!

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
there goes Avenger as Captain America again, that dude gots some ill powers son

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom