quake 3 or tribes 2

Best answers
We prob talked about this before. but what engine you think could better handle a dbz like game. i mean make it look sweet and could do the things esf could do.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
tribes 2

.......you saw how bfp came out its sucky and teh attacks suck

Best answers
ya but bfp could have been better. There is a limit to the power and they changed it from a non dbz thing *gags*

Banned
Banned
Best answers
Have you people actually PLAYED bfp?
it plays almost the same as ESF....

And I don't see why the non-DBZ thing should be a factor..it plays just like DBZ would....it just legally can't have any dbz characters..
then agian, neither can this mod..

Oh well..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i have played bfp, i dont like it, the beams r evil and u can not get much power (7 kills and ur at 1mill.. wow ow hard) but i dont care about the non dbz ppl in it, its just the same game but with BETTER models.

Best answers
There was a Mod based on the Unreal Tournament engine. kinda disapeared though. last i saw it tough was lookin real good.

Best answers
I heard of a t2 dbz based mod

but I didn't know what it was called...and it looks dumb...

Best answers
well neither engines. I would go for jedi knight 2 or Asherons call 2. Though if i had to choose one it would be Tribes 2. Much better for a game like dbz. Though not as easy to get editing tuts and stuff for. Maybe be harder to find a coder to.

Retired
Best answers
T2 way better. there is way moer teamplay and skill involved.

Best answers
but its out of q3 and t2 not max. Anyways, I'm just wondering what the reason for this is? Are you making a mod or something?

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Mystik Gohan
well neither engines. I would go for jedi knight 2 or Asherons call 2.
Jedi Knight 2 uses the Q3 engine so I am told.

Best answers
it does. heavily modified but it is still a q3 engine.

i would go for tribes 2 as it has massive out door areas which is where most battles take place, but also interior areas. it really could do it justice.

redfaction would be another choice for the geomod technology. completely destoyable maps is a huge step forward and ideal for the kind of destruction dbz features.

maybe some of the new engines will offer the best of both worlds

Retired
Best answers
i got T2 for 1 whole year in 12 days ;) and it still ownz.. if you check http://tribes2.theladder.org then my team is "The Alchemists" tag is {n2o} we are doing really good atm ;) and my warriorname is: Trueneo so if you wanna look me up or something. be my guest ;)

Best answers
go for t2 with their gigantic levels
but most gamers own q3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom