Banned
Best answers
Put your TV on a desk ;o
Sit in a booster seat.
Use a redneck TV dinner tray.

Many options available.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wireless keyboard + mouse setup, mouse on chair, keyboard on lap, HDTV 6 foot away.

i win.

Best answers
PS2 had mouse + keyboard support. My friend uses his mouse and keyboard for Dirge of Cerberus. I don't understand why anyone is suprised.

Best answers
Just an observation, looking at the scan3 from that article, it seems to me that the mouse is connected to laptop, which is then connected to a LCD screen. i.e. the mouse is not connected to the PS3 directly. Does this not seem illogical to anybody, if the mouse was meant to be used as a control in a game.

Before anyone flames me, I dont know too much about consoles related stuff, I stick to my PC mainly, so this connection setup might be normal. I may also be reading that diagram wrong.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think he was referring to the fact that there's never been a good FPS on a console compared to what an FPS on the PC can do (Halo doesn't count). Other Genres have nothing to do with it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Has everyone forgotten Goldeneye?

Consoles can have just as good fps'. It's just a problem that more fps' come out for the PC's. If you took the good : bad ratio of fps for both console and pc, i'm pretty sure it'd be about the same.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I honestly don't understand why anyone would buy a FPS game for a console, when you can buy it for the PC. But that's just me. It's a good idea if you don't have an updated computer I suppose.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Kama said:
Not a huge fan of other genres eh?
Well, up to that point I was talking about how awesome a mouse and keyboard would be for console fps...so....other genres didnt cross my mind.

Consoles don't have nearly as many good fps as the PC. Why would someone buy a console fps? Probably because they're either a console gamer or the game doesn't have a snowflakes chance in hell of coming out on PC.

Best answers
Kama said:

Consoles can have just as good fps'. It's just a problem that more fps' come out for the PC's. If you took the good : bad ratio of fps for both console and pc, i'm pretty sure it'd be about the same.

I would say goldeneye was good because 1 it was a james bond game and back then james bond was pretty popular and still is actually, 2 it was downright fun everything about that game was fun, except for the golden gun dam you golden gun!

However i do remember alot of frustration trying to aim with that dam stick, so i started to play fps's on the pc i haven't looked back since, goldeneye is and will always remain to be a great game, but i still prefer a mouse and a keyboard anyday of the week.

Best answers
yah, golden eye was a great game, but if it had mouse/keyboard it would have been even greater.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
madgik said:
Just an observation, looking at the scan3 from that article, it seems to me that the mouse is connected to laptop, which is then connected to a LCD screen. i.e. the mouse is not connected to the PS3 directly. Does this not seem illogical to anybody, if the mouse was meant to be used as a control in a game.
The mouse is connected to a IBM ThinkPad X40, which is then connected to an LCD monitor and a AC Adapter. The LCD monitor is then connected to the PlayStation 3 unit.

I think you're right - Three different AC Adapters, one for the IBM ThinkPad X40, one for the PlayStation 3 unit, and one for the LCD monitor. So it's possible that everything other than the PlayStation 3 unit, controllers, memory stick, and maybe the LCD monitor was used to test the PlayStation 3 unit.

Pretty interesting stuff, even though it's not real big news.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kama said:
Goldeneye and Perfect Dark (hell no 0) are my two fave FPS's ever and the 64 only had one analouge stick and you couldn't jump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom