PS3 or Xbox 360?

Best answers
So I was thinking about buying one of them, but just wanted to hear a few opinions first. I haven't kept up with console gaming in a really long time so yeah...Which one do you guys prefer, or neither? And why?

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Depends on what you want. I could make good arguements for both. Either way, they both have good exclusives. Devs generally consider them to be roughly equal overall though. Generally, though I think the multi platform releases tend to perform better on the 360.

Best answers
Main thing I'm looking at is online game play. PlayStation Network is free and Xbox Live isn't. But is Live that much better for the money?

Best answers
Eh... i wouldn't really know, since i don't have a PS Triple. But i bought my xbox live for 50 bucks.. and that was last Christmas. I'm still good til January. So yeah, for 50 bucks, I'd say its worth it.

But again, thats just me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Xbox 360 indefinitely.

Xbox live, yes, you have to pay. But it's $50 for a year

That's one video game a year you're giving up. That's not even that bad.

It gives great downloads, marketplace, games, support. People ***** at the price when in short, it's so inexpensive.

Get the 360 imo.

The PS3 I personally don't like, it's more of a multimedia center. It packs a bigger punch in graphics, but it's so slight you won't notice it.

Best answers
I had a 360 for awhile. Sold it to fix my comp. I still enjoyed the hell out of it when I played. Bioshock > everything (you get to shoot bees out of your hand!).

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I had a PS3 for awhile. Sold it to upgrade my comp. I still enjoyed the hell out of it when I played. Armored Core 4 > everything (you get to shower your enemies with bullets and missiles with your own mech!).

I really enjoyed playing online for free, I already pay for an internet bill on top of my WoW addiction, sure It's relatively really low but I go to my friends if I want to play an 360 with em'. But we end up playing SSB: B.
MAME was fun s*** too.
I'm going to buy another PS3 at the end of the year and buy MGS 4, AC: FA, SF4 & SC 5, the lack of games in the beginning is what launched me to be without a console.. +The new PC.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For me, 360, but it depends on what types of first party games you want.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Kaination said:
Xbox 360 indefinitely.

Xbox live, yes, you have to pay. But it's $50 for a year

That's one video game a year you're giving up. That's not even that bad.

It gives great downloads, marketplace, games, support. People ***** at the price when in short, it's so inexpensive.

Get the 360 imo.

The PS3 I personally don't like, it's more of a multimedia center. It packs a bigger punch in graphics, but it's so slight you won't notice it.

The xbox 360 beats the PS3 in the graphics department on every cross platform game that's been released for it. Except for most newer games. And even then, when they're both graphically equal, the PS3 tends to drop in frame rate when the 360 doesn't. At least not nearly as often.

I got the xbox 360.

- More exclusives

- More higher rated games on gamespot.

- Better graphics

- Smoother frame rate

- Bigger hard drive
Yeah it doesn't play blurays, that is definitely a downside. And yes you do have to pay 55 dollars a year, which is like what? $4.50 a month, c'mon if you can shell out 200-300 dollars for a 360 I'm sure you can pay 5 dollars a month. Not to mention with that you get unlimited online game play, all the market place downloads you could ever want. There's a lot the xbox online ability has to offer over the ps3 and to me it's definitely well worth it.

If you're only going to play games with it, I suggest at least the 20gig one, I ended up getting the 120gb elite one simply because I thought I was going to download everything ever, turns out I haven't even used like, 20 gigs yet. So really it's not worth it. Unless you want all the gizmos and gadgets to go with it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Benjamin Franklin said:
Yeah it doesn't play blurays, that is definitely a downside.
There are digital downloads though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kaination said:
I'm assuming Marketplace, where you can download some movies, IIRC
Yup that, but they are in HD right, or at least you can download HD movies.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Am I to assume with 360's accolades here that they've finally sorted out the red ring issues?

Either way, I'm torn for the consoles. There aren't many console games that I couldn't also get for PC, which I prefer. Just because I'm a Red vs Blue fan, I'd love to try out Halo 2 or 3 if only for the multiplayer, since playing Halo's multiplayer on PC even nowadays felt rather fun.

I'm ill disposed to buy a console however to play an FPS, because I feel FPS's are really constrained by the use of a joystick. I feel a mouse is the end-all controller for an accurate game. Joysticks feel too clumsy and often need an auto-aim.

However, this I feel is where Microsoft got greedy and delivered a direct and resounding "**** you" to WinXP gamers. Halo 2 and 3 PC versions reportedly are ONLY compatible with Windows Vista, obviously in an attempt to get gamers to "upgade" to their new, buggy and incompatible with most things operating system. A brilliant marketing ploy, but a **** move otherwise.

I have really been rooting for PS3 if only because it seemed more powerful and more stable than 360. If the graphics aren't as superior as I'm thinking though, and stability issues have been fixed, then by all means, go Microsoft.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Benjamin Franklin said:
What do you mean digital downloads?
Ahaha I was thinking exactly that. I hate marketing tards so hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom