Prototype

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Anyone have this game? It came out a few days ago and I just got it yesterday. So far, I absolutely love it.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Already did, finished it before I started to play Prototype yesterday.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I was really excited for this game back in like 2008 when they first showed the demo trailer of Alex just running down the street bashing cars over. Although I'll wait for the price to go down before I buy it. It does look really good though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ive found it brilliant! zooming across the cities and being encouraged to let rip on the local populace makes for a fun game!

Best answers
It's epicly fun .. And it is nice to finally see a game that knows what it wants it's character to be .. a egocentric A**hole!

The game is capturing, it has a lot of content, and you really have the feel of the island being slowly infected, it's not just around you that the danger evolves, it's also just regularely when you run by, and a whole bunch of infected fights against a whole bunch of soldiers, it's quite entertaining =)

It's like an insane super-villian version of GTA !

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i realy don't like it , at first it's fun but it becomes booring they add all kind of stuff just to destroy you.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wanna play it. Though my system keeps BSODing a few minutes in. Temps are fine, only game it happens in, and forums provided little help. My drivers are the latest NVIDIA and they always seem to be a problem. So I'm waiting for a patch or so, hopefully, or NVIDIA to release some new ones.

For the 5 seconds I did get to play, awesome. :p

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
i realy don't like it , at first it's fun but it becomes booring they add all kind of stuff just to destroy you.
You are a virus in the game, suspected in destroying everything. What do you expect? :p

Rai

🎈 Advanced
Best answers
They could have done the bases a little more..variable..they are always the same, inside too, only thing that changes is the entrance lol..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This game is mad fun. My favourite power has to be musclemass. I mean punching people into a cloud of blood and giblets? Hell yea!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I love this game.

I reserved it and only got a map of the hint orbs, they ran out of figures :/. But oh this game is just fun. Oodles of upgrades. And **** those who said it did not have good graphics. It may not have that polish, but I occasionally take Alex down to street level and walk amongst the crowd (There are so many people and cars at one time, this is probably the most realistic Manhattan in any video game).

The only thing that bugs me is that I am already halfway done and I spent a lot more time with Infamous trying to beat it. The mini games in prototype could have been more varied and unique, because it's basically: absorb a number of guys in this time limit, kill these kinds of guys with this weapon, fight on one side of people to kill one side in a 'war' (these I like), glide to a bullseye (I like), timed races, and destroy a designated hive.

The majority of the fun comes from the story and just messing around in the open world.

LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS GAME IS AWESOME.

So I am chilling in the crowd. It's a safe area and everyone is going about there busniess, but there is an ominous dirt red sky in the distance. I notice some screaming: apparently I am getting closer to an infected area. Zombie humans are starting to pop up, killing the regular civilians. Cars are screeching and skidding to a halt, sometimes accidentally running over people and causing massive traffic jams. One zombie takes a swipe at me, so I grab him with my Musclemass power and chuck his body in to a bus. He explodes in a vapor of blood and the bus ignites in a fiery spectacle, sending cars and bodies flying. Smoke billows fromthe red-stained street and people become even more frantic. I continue my stroll.

I eventually get to the center of a hive. Abandoned cars litter the streets as more mutated zombies crawl around the city. Suddenly I am slammed against a car by a large Hunter. Reminds me of the lickers of Resident Evil. I don't feel like fighting just yet, so I sprint/parkour my way out of there, but I turn the camera while moving at a high speed to see him tossing cars out his way, accelerating in my direction.

I keep running and I quickly run in to a military patrol. The alarm sounds. Luckily the tank is focused on the Hunters (there are more now) behind me, but the Helicopter(s) descend to street level, hurling rockets at me. I leap and dash across buildings, barely dodging the missiles as they impact near my feet. A volley of bullets soon follows, but I keep dashing up the vast building and jump in to the air, only to meet the same helicopter.

So I kick it. Sending me upwards in to the helicopter, but it is still operational and I am shot in mid air by another missile. I am free falling at a relatively high attitude with a damaged helicopter in the vicinity. I switch to my Grapple arm, and as I plummet to the ground, I charge my long, extendable, whip-like arm and shoot it at the helicopter. It connects and launches me back up towards the helicopter automatically, and I land on its tail. I hop to the wing, and then the ****pit and pry open the hatch. The helicopter spirals, as the city behind me is a blur, but I throw the pilot out and bash the (co-pilot?)'s head against the window.

I am now in control of the helcopter. I weave past the missiles sent by the other helicopter and strike it with my own, sending it crashing in to a building. I swoop down to the street and take out the pesky hunters safely from the air. There is a tank left, and he is calling in a strike team. I do not like that. But a soldier's missile strikes my helicopter and it is free-falling to the ground, about to explode. Luckily I equipped my Hammerfist power, so I eject out of the dying helicopter, charge my elbow drop, and plunge myself and my mammoth fists in to the tank, destroying it before it finishes its radio call. There are no more enemies nearby.

So I continued my stroll.

Last edited:
Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I tell you what, Chakra, if that was on the blurb of any game, I would buy it ^_^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What's also very fun is when you're surrounded by infected/normal humans equip musclemass and do the full charged punch ground thingie.
After 3 seconds it starts to rain body parts^^

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I love this game.

I reserved it and only got a map of the hint orbs, they ran out of figures :/. But oh this game is just fun. Oodles of upgrades. And **** those who said it did not have good graphics. It may not have that polish, but I occasionally take Alex down to street level and walk amongst the crowd (There are so many people and cars at one time, this is probably the most realistic Manhattan in any video game).

The only thing that bugs me is that I am already halfway done and I spent a lot more time with Infamous trying to beat it. The mini games in prototype could have been more varied and unique, because it's basically: absorb a number of guys in this time limit, kill these kinds of guys with this weapon, fight on one side of people to kill one side in a 'war' (these I like), glide to a bullseye (I like), timed races, and destroy a designated hive.

The majority of the fun comes from the story and just messing around in the open world.

So I am chilling in the crowd. It's a safe area and everyone is going about there busniess, but there is an ominous dirt red sky in the distance. I notice some screaming: apparently I am getting closer to an infected area. Zombie humans are starting to pop up, killing the regular civilians. Cars are screeching and skidding to a halt, sometimes accidentally running over people and causing massive traffic jams. One zombie takes a swipe at me, so I grab him with my Musclemass power and chuck his body in to a bus. He explodes in a vapor of blood and the bus ignites in a fiery spectacle, sending cars and bodies flying. Smoke billows fromthe red-stained street and people become even more frantic. I continue my stroll.

I eventually get to the center of a hive. Abandoned cars litter the streets as more mutated zombies crawl around the city. Suddenly I am slammed against a car by a large Hunter. Reminds me of the lickers of Resident Evil. I don't feel like fighting just yet, so I sprint/parkour my way out of there, but I turn the camera while moving at a high speed to see him tossing cars out his way, accelerating in my direction.

I keep running and I quickly run in to a military patrol. The alarm sounds. Luckily the tank is focused on the Hunters (there are more now) behind me, but the Helicopter(s) descend to street level, hurling rockets at me. I leap and dash across buildings, barely dodging the missiles as they impact near my feet. A volley of bullets soon follows, but I keep dashing up the vast building and jump in to the air, only to meet the same helicopter.

So I kick it. Sending me upwards in to the helicopter, but it is still operational and I am shot in mid air by another missile. I am free falling at a relatively high attitude with a damaged helicopter in the vicinity. I switch to my Grapple arm, and as I plummet to the ground, I charge my long, extendable, whip-like arm and shoot it at the helicopter. It connects and launches me back up towards the helicopter automatically, and I land on its tail. I hop to the wing, and then the ****pit and pry open the hatch. The helicopter spirals, as the city behind me is a blur, but I throw the pilot out and bash the (co-pilot?)'s head against the window.

I am now in control of the helcopter. I weave past the missiles sent by the other helicopter and strike it with my own, sending it crashing in to a building. I swoop down to the street and take out the pesky hunters safely from the air. There is a tank left, and he is calling in a strike team. I do not like that. But a soldier's missile strikes my helicopter and it is free-falling to the ground, about to explode. Luckily I equipped my Hammerfist power, so I eject out of the dying helicopter, charge my elbow drop, and plunge myself and my mammoth fists in to the tank, destroying it before it finishes its radio call. There are no more enemies nearby.

You really should do game reviews. No joke.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I love this game.

I now want this game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's Marshall law on the street, unknown soldiers executing entire districts unhindered in the name of stopping possible contagion. A rabid infection is sweeping through the city enveloping buildings and infecting anything within proximity. Massive monsters trundle through the streets launching cars and hordes of infected "zombies" devouring any hapless citizens who get in there way. There's a genocidal maniac cleaving his way through anything and anyone on an unknown mission.

So what do you do, hapless resident? stay inside and hope you can wait out the infections in relative safety? make a beeline for the safe zones and seek refuge under the local forces?

Or maybe get in your car and try to drive through the centre of an infection zone where the roads are completely blocked off by demolished vehicles, corpses and monsters. Boy you are truly an inspiration for getting to work on-time, resident!

Yeah, there's mildly amusing things like that which inevitably end up in games like this such as people swerving into the path of your tank for no reason, or holding steadfast in your car despite it being hauled around by a virus-infused madman about to sling you into a helicopter. Doesn't detract from the awesomeness of the game but its certainly funny to see in action!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
EDIT****

I actually made a video, haha

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpjP0UD7j1I[/ame]

Haha that's true MuffinMan. At least in Crackdown, when a human died in a car, they leaned over.

If this constitutes as anything, I remember Zeonix wanting this when it was first announced. Like, I want to go and play it right now just to do the stuff I described above, but I don't want to beat it too fast. And while just messing around the city is *awesome*, I still wish I was not so worried about getting things too fast. It is easier to upgrade than inFamous, but there's also a lot more upgrades and moves, and the bigger ones can get quite expensive.

At first I was 50/50 with the setting of New York. Yeah tall buildings here, short buildings there. Sometimes the environment is just inevitably repetitive (they really could have varied the base and hive designs though).

But other times it actually matters. Fighting in Times Square with the real advertisements on the jumbotrons (?) is cool. Or chilling in central park only to see a bunch of zombies rush through the park.

Stealth, surprisingly, is pretty important. You can absorb any human and adopt their appearance. It also depends if you become a civilian or military personnel. I was running across roof tops and quickly dipped in to an alleyway because I was low on health. Nobody saw me, so I switched to my disguise (which happened to be a civilian at the time, specifically, an old lady). My health recover and some soldiers come looking in the alley. I am safe, but I thought "what the hell" and started comboing them. Who doesn't love watching granny kick the ass out of PMC soldiers?

And the AI is just fun to observe.

Like I was chilling as a civilian outside Central Park, and there is a group of human zombies (the basic ones), BUT they are also in a crowd of normal humans. I am disguised, so *I* am safe, but then I see the crowd torn by a hail of bullets from the sky! THE HELCOPTERS RUTTERS ARE CUTTING UP PEOPLE. So I'm like, "D: !!", and the near by cars are exploding, limbs are coming off, and the helicopter is just indiscriminately firing in to the mixed crowd.

There are also some soldiers near by with machine guns. I turn to see what they are attacking, and there are two zombies against a wall. He fires and the zombies gyrate against the brick building, blood splattering against the sidewalk. Once they are dead, the solider just continues on....Until a nearby car explodes due to the helicopter's bullets and he dies. So I picked up his gun to kill some myself.

It was totally badass and I was barely fighting. This is the thing I think reviews really missed. Yeah you're not always going to have time (or want to) sit around, watching NPCs. But it's an open world game, and watching the behavior of your surroundings is very satisfying in this game.

I really really recommend this game, at least for a long rental if you do not find yourself playing single player games a lot. I am still curious to how much fun I will be having after I beat it (replay on hard mode probably, but there are new game+).

I really wish I could upload videos just to show you guys how I play instead of teasing you with words :p. Seriously, because this stuff isn't hypothetical.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
My friend said that Mercer was a bootleg version of Spiderman except with no webs. I told him Alex Mercer could beat Spider man with his hands behind his back.

Other than that I really like this game. Everyone I know for some reason likes Infamous better than this. I don't see how it is. I like this way better.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
After completing Spiderman: Web of Shadows, Prototype seems like it's close cousin. At the moment Prototype is somewhat underwhelming, I'm guessing this is so, because I haven't unlocked many different attacks yet. After playing Spiderman I'm accustomed to web zipping and pouncing all across the city.

I feel these sandbox New York City/Manhattan games are starting to lose their flare, I would go as far to say they're all a bit overrated, I could be wrong though. The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction is Prototype, there's no mistaking it, considering we have the same developers this time around.

I would enjoy Prototype more if I had more attacks to mess around with from the beginning, currently, only being able to pick up cars and throw them seems a bit limited. Another thing that also kind of lowered my interest are the missions, they are so similar to the missions found in the previously mentioned Spiderman game, and as well as the Ultimate Destruction game, destroy all of the generators, etc. I may be critiquing it a bit harshly but I'll have to let it grow on me to give a more sound opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom