Processor War!

Who makes the better processor?

• Intel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AMD

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Best answers
AMD, cheaper, faster, and all around better than Intel.
In my opinion, there is no contest.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
At the moment, they're about equal in speed; the extreme pentium 4 processor and the FX-51 64bit processor.

Both of them are too expensive to purchase for a normal person at the moment o_O.

But, I think they both have their strengths and weaknesses. But this is how I think about it as:
AMD has low clock speeds, and low fsb.
Intel has high clock speeds, and high fsb.

So, I usually choose intel over AMD, but that's probably not the best way to think of it as o_O.

Best answers
Smith| said:
At the moment, they're about equal in speed;

Last time I checked, I thought Intel was about 800MHZ faster than AMD.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Intel, it seemed to handle graphics a lot better than AMD

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jaredster said:
Last time I checked, I thought Intel was about 800MHZ faster than AMD.
Yes but I believe AMDs execute more instructions per cycle, so the highest AMDs, although numerically not equal, are relatively alongside the highest P4's.

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
There equal to each other most of the time, only that AMD is cheaper.

And the 64-bit windows (Longhorn) will be released u'll see the true power of the Athlon FX 64.

(But when Longhorn will be released Intel will likey also have a 64 bit processor. :p)

Best answers
I find Intel more reliable, more stable and better. Beside, those Socket A processers are HUGE compared to Intel's 478 Socekt. AMD's also overheats, plus their "AMD ME" ad campaign is retarded :p

Best answers
Bob would like to say that this pretty much sums up what I think about the AMD vs. Intel war http://www.bobservers.com/bobiscool0002.jpg

We use Intel Xeon Processors in our servers
I use Intel P4's In my Home computers
Ill use intel P5's when they come out ;)
Hey i even have an old P2, You just can't get rid of these things.

Also It is most likly Intel will release thier 64 bit processor by the time the 64 bit OS is released. If they don't I'll publicly burn my free intel shirt I got when view the facility*.

*Bob likes this shirt and is under no obligation to burn it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If price isn't an issue.. I'd rather have the best Intel (right now is the only exception, since the FX-51 seems to be great.)

Best answers
what i heard is that a amd is faster in playing games...but still i think intel is faster cause they have more money

Best answers
Selkerot said:
what i heard is that a amd is faster in playing games...but still i think intel is faster cause they have more money
The downside of AMD is that it produces more heat then Intel processors (but that is not a prob. just get a good cooler :] ), the reason why they produce more heat is because they'r core-speed is just a bit faster in certain applications like, games.

But the money part is just bs, they have the money but they don't make better processors, they use the money to invent better and faster processors.
AMD does the same, but with less. And they are doing a good job. IMO a better job, because they use less money (still alot) and produce processors that really are good and can compete with Intel.

IMO Amd is better then Intel.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i have Intel... so i choose that option
i really dont know the difference.. im not smart on computers in the proccessing field

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i like AMD much faster, even tho it produces more heat, the fan i got is alot better than a few of the intel fans my friends got

Best answers
What you need is that huge cooling building thingy from Akira to cool your processor to like absolute 0. That would be cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom