Prey

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
cant find a thread about this (surprisingly)

but has anyone played this game? I just got done with the demo yesterday and I have to say, it's the coolest game i've played in a long time. I'm definately getting from a 6600GT - 6800GT and then this game ;/

so whats your opinions?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea, it's a tad short, but it was definitely a very fun game, if not one of the best I've played.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Any images / links to the game? Nice and all you are giving the game's name, but more detailed information about it would be rather nice.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Aliens begin abducting humans around the world and either a) turn them into food or b) turn them into soldiers or whatever other profession is currently needed. It is up to a Native American by the name of Tommy to rescue not only his girlfriend but the rest of humanity from these invaders. How does he plan to do this? By using the teachings of his ancestors i.e. astral projection with a bow and arrow.

Personally, I didn't like the game too much.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Omnius said:
Aliens begin abducting humans around the world and either a) turn them into food or b) turn them into soldiers or whatever other profession is currently needed. It is up to a Native American by the name of Tommy to rescue not only his girlfriend but the rest of humanity from these invaders. How does he plan to do this? By using the teachings of his ancestors i.e. astral projection with a bow and arrow.

Personally, I didn't like the game too much.
But it's so great!

Here's some images:

Some XB360 Shots

It plays like HL2 + Quake 4 + Doom 3 + Clive Barker's Undying + Jedi Knight 2 all in one.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's pretty cool. I played through the Demo on my brother's 360 and quite liked it. The gravity parts are nifty, where you have to get around rooms by changing the gravity. Or use special grav-paths to get around. You can even use this variable gravity in multiplayer. :3

My brother got the full Prey today, and has been playing it for the whole time now. I haven't had a chance to play it myself yet because of that. x3

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
They really should have made the astral projection parts more important. It was only used to go through force fields or to walk up ramps made of ectoplasm just so you can turn on a switch or something ridiculous like that. If they had added at least one part where you have to astral travel in order to defeat a horde of children and ghosts or something rather than being able to shoot ghosts with a severed arm, it would have been a bit better.

I also wish Tommy had allowed his grandfather to teach him advanced Indian techniques or something. You know, like a super tomahawk to the face attack or a special scalp move. Hearing him say "I don't have time for this" over and over just wasn't appealing.

However, I will say one good thing about the game. Prey is the first game I have ever played that has given a female character a nice ass. I'm just saying.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Kaination said:
I'm definately getting from a 6600GT - 6800GT and then this game ;/
how does it run on a 6600gt?
playable or really bad?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll let you know how it runs on my 9800 Pro once I pick it up. You can extrapolate 6600GT performance from that.

Radeon power!

But until then, I'm off to shoot some Germans and defend the Motherland.

Prey is the first game I have ever played that has given a female character a nice ass.
Just joined the gaming world, have we?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DJ-Ready said:
how does it run on a 6600gt?
playable or really bad?
It's actually playable, it isnt HORRENDOUSLY BAD.

Just a tad bit glitchy. i just set it to 1024 x 768 on medium and it ran smooth, but on 1280 x 1024, it was a tad bit laggy.

so in other words, it's playable on medium settings and high, but i'd recommend the medium settings.

edit: i'll run a test on counter-strike to see the equivalent in fps in cs.

edit2: basically, if you go into regular old counter-stirke 1.6 and type fps_max 20 in console, it runs around that way in combat on high settings.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
frsrblch said:
Just joined the gaming world, have we?
Quite the contrary. Most games have girls with pancake asses, because they always focus on the upper torso. The 2 women I've come across in Prey, however, have great asses but don't really have much in the way of hips and face. I don't really care though since I was taken by surprise at the extra effort exerted by the Prey staff to bring to us the first real female character.

Another thing I don't really like about Prey is that it's impossible to die. I don't mean die like "Oh no. I have run out of hp so I'm going to be immediately transported to a realm that doesn't decide whether I live or stay dead, but decides how much health and spirit energy I return with."

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Omnius said:
Another thing I don't really like about Prey is that it's impossible to die. I don't mean die like "Oh no. I have run out of hp so I'm going to be immediately transported to a realm that doesn't decide whether I live or stay dead, but decides how much health and spirit energy I return with."
Is that really so bad? It's such a nice improvement compared to today's games where so many people just quicksave every 5 seconds and then quickload if/when they're about to die.

Wait, did you mean that it's too easy? Then just raise the difficulty level =\.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Omnius said:
Quite the contrary. Most games have girls with pancake asses, because they always focus on the upper torso. The 2 women I've come across in Prey, however, have great asses but don't really have much in the way of hips and face.

It's not impossible. I've died before. You just have to find a place you cna fall down from into oblivion

I'll take some screen shots of the trippy portal system after karate :3

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
@ Smith: I think I prefer knowing its possible to die so I should probably be careful when I go into that room that will probably be filled with portals and enemies soon after. Sure, I'll save before I enter the room for good measure, but at least I know I might not make it. In Prey, you can walk into that room and die as many times as you want and be revived in the exact same place that you died unless you fall into a bottomless pit.

@Kaination: It isn't really death when you can come back every time you run out of health.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Omnius said:
@ Smith: I think I prefer knowing its possible to die so I should probably be careful when I go into that room that will probably be filled with portals and enemies soon after. Sure, I'll save before I enter the room for good measure, but at least I know I might not make it. In Prey, you can walk into that room and die as many times as you want and be revived in the exact same place that you died unless you fall into a bottomless pit.
Is that really so different from saving/loading? If there was no 'second chance' realm, we'd all be just quicksaving/loading in complete substitution of this revival mini-game. And correct me if I'm mistaken, but you obviously didn't 'make it' if you're in the spirit world.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
The difference is people don't quicksave time and time again in a single area while they're busy fighting. You don't have to be careful in this game. You can basically walk right through a room with your melee weapon and proceed to kill everyone. If you die, thats ok. You'll have the same number of enemies left to kill once you're revived. I'd rather have to fight 5 enemies all over again for failing the first time than die and know I still only have 1 guy left.

I understand that you loved this game, but I didn't.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I, personally, love the game. it's a very fun game. Very different from other games I've played. It's uniquness makes it interesting. Everyone has different views on things. How you don't like it because you don't need to save 100 times in 3 minutes, or the fact that when you die you get ressurected in the same spot is so bad.

If you get ressurected 3 rooms back it doesn't matter, you killed what you killed. So they're gone. So it doesn't matter where you're ressurected.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Its "uniqueness" makes it interesting? What is so unique about Prey? The aliens? The fact that its up to him to save humanity? Organic weapons? I don't like the game because its the same game I've played many times before, except in a new shell. There is nothing new about Prey. Its just another fps, and as far as I know, most reviewers feel the same way.

I'm really don't understand how any one person's opinion can be wrong, but I'm sure you'll try to help me understand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom