POTW

Best answers
nice combo system... will the amount of hits be seen by spectators or only the person making the hits

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
At the moment only the person throwing the punches sees it.

Best answers
It looks nice ^_^ im sure it will own... i cant wait XD......oh wait yes i can

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are those rocks coming from the mountain behind the fighters, or is the infamous frieza somewhere in the background using telekenisis?

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Phatslugga said:
Are those rocks coming from the mountain behind the fighters, or is the infamous frieza somewhere in the background using telekenisis?
It's comming out of the level, masta and myself were the only ones on that server :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Excellent, I thought that's what it was! Needless to say, you guys pwn my ostrich.

Best answers
So youre saying the rocks are produced by the fight?

or did i get that wrong?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Now that is just wicked cool! Wicked cool indeed!

Best answers
i guess they coded rocks to fly out from the ground as you punch a guy into a wall

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im not making any assumptions, but doesnt that hit amount notifier kinda get in the way? not dissin esf or anything, but i would get more of an arcade fighter feel, than an esf feel.:]

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Ofcourse it's because he's slamming him into the mountain , they won't appear out of nothing

Best answers
wow that looks good and also this new 3d particle system for rocks and stuff is awesome way to push the envelope, but with the rocks are they floating because of the intense power or just flying out of the groudn with each punch?

also is that a little bubble where goku is hitting buu or is that the melee bubble that makes you invincible just forming since the melee is just starting?

and since the picture wasnt posted earlier

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The rocks are actually emitted by regular HL commands, nothing we coded ^_^
With the "Hits" thing, it's not just there to look pretty, you actually need to know how many hits you're doing before you start the combo/throw. Why?
Hit 1 to hit 6 - You gain stun time. Hit 3 is the earliest you can start charging the combo
Hit 7 and up - You loose stun time, but you continue punch the guy and deal damage.
Starting to charge the combo from hit 3 rather then hit 6 is a huge difference, same with starting from hit 12 rather then hit 8. You have the nice "Should i do more prepunch damage and loose some stun time, or get as much stun time as possible and execute more combos?"

There are also printouts like that while you're in a melee battle as well... Says stuff like the damage you delt, if the attack is dodged, if you preformed a combo, etc... It's a pretty nifty feature.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Those rocks could be used to an advantage for animations such as when SSJ2 Goku faught SSJ2 Majin Vegeta and they were bashing eachother with rocks.

Best answers
Really looks great, looking forward seeing it ingame :) - perhaps you guys could include it in the next video ?

Sound Artist
Best answers
MP said:
im not making any assumptions, but doesnt that hit amount notifier kinda get in the way? not dissin esf or anything, but i would get more of an arcade fighter feel, than an esf feel.:]
It's nice to know how many hits you have, to calculate when prepunching will stop, how much stun time you'll get.. ect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom