[Old PotW] POTW - 12/5/15

Best answers
:heart:
Well we got a lot of flack for the stunt with the easter egg i pulled for easter. And all i did was copy the Goku character and set the model to an easter egg, then fought against a Goku bot. People didnt seem to like the idea in general.
I love it

Discord Member
Best answers
Well we got a lot of flack for the stunt with the easter egg i pulled for easter. And all i did was copy the Goku character and set the model to an easter egg, then fought against a Goku bot. People didnt seem to like the idea in general.
The REASON why you guys got flack was because the ENTIRE video had the egg as the controlled fighter .... It would've been cool to see how the fighting looked with characters vs characters (which we got eventually) ... but yeah, that is why you guys got flack, it is important to have context.

Earth's Guardian
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
The REASON why you guys got flack was because the ENTIRE video had the egg as the controlled fighter .... It would've been cool to see how the fighting looked with characters vs characters (which we got eventually) ... but yeah, that is why you guys got flack, it is important to have context.
so they cant have fun with their own mod? I found it amusing. it wasn't supposed to be taken seriously

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
At the time thats how it looked. Its not like i didnt constantly talk about "Missing ingame animations" every single time someone brought up progress. Sure you missed the swooping animations, and some basic melee animations. But the ones you missed, you saw in earlier videos. What you didnt see in an earlier video was straight up gameplay from a players perspective.

So on one hand you have people screaming "we want gameplay" and on the other hand when given gameplay, those same people are screaming "not enough eye candy, this isnt gameplay". So quite honestly ive stopped giving a damn about such behaviour. And while i will replay to any comments i see to the best of my abilities, while staying respectfull, i do not and will not care about ignorant people who refuse to listen to anything. I was nice enough to throw a bone to everyone who wanted to see real gameplay. They didnt get eye candy and started whining, i stopped caring. Simple as that.

Discord Member
Best answers
At the time thats how it looked. Its not like i didnt constantly talk about "Missing ingame animations" every single time someone brought up progress. Sure you missed the swooping animations, and some basic melee animations. But the ones you missed, you saw in earlier videos. What you didnt see in an earlier video was straight up gameplay from a players perspective.

So on one hand you have people screaming "we want gameplay" and on the other hand when given gameplay, those same people are screaming "not enough eye candy, this isnt gameplay". So quite honestly ive stopped giving a damn about such behaviour. And while i will replay to any comments i see to the best of my abilities, while staying respectfull, i do not and will not care about ignorant people who refuse to listen to anything. I was nice enough to throw a bone to everyone who wanted to see real gameplay. They didnt get eye candy and started whining, i stopped caring. Simple as that.
im not really agreeing with anyone who was whining, im just pointing out what people were complaining about. and it's hard to see full gameplay when u dont know what attacks the person is controlling is doing. it was a good teaser video, but that's just what it was, it was a easter teaser, which is fine. there are other videos out there that you can see actual gameplay on

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im not really agreeing with anyone who was whining, im just pointing out what people were complaining about. and it's hard to see full gameplay when u dont know what attacks the person is controlling is doing. it was a good teaser video, but that's just what it was, it was a easter teaser, which is fine. there are other videos out there that you can see actual gameplay on
I was doing melee only. And melee is 3 forms of simple melee linked to different length animations. And i fired 1 or 2 beam attacks. Thats it. Melee is a case of choosing damage over control with a RPS system on top of it, so that people dont spam the same thing over and over. And beams work like they did in the open beta. What more were people expecting, or is my logic somehow flawed to think that people would be able to recognise simple paterns in favour of actual uncut gameplay?

Discord Member
Best answers
I was doing melee only. And melee is 3 forms of simple melee linked to different length animations. And i fired 1 or 2 beam attacks. Thats it. Melee is a case of choosing damage over control with a RPS system on top of it, so that people dont spam the same thing over and over. And beams work like they did in the open beta. What more were people expecting, or is my logic somehow flawed to think that people would be able to recognise simple paterns in favour of actual uncut gameplay?
I was able to recognise some pattern was going on, but I wasn't able to make out what. That egg showcase was far too confusing in general. First, you set it at night, which isn't the best choice considering the fact you wanted to show off the gameplay (that's hard to do if you can't see everything) Second, you made your character model an egg. I get that is the joke, but do you know how boring it is see an object not move as it beats someone up? Perhaps it isn't boring for you because you're apart of the team and you see this stuff *almost(?) everyday. It's not that it isn't flashy enough, it's that its not flashy at all :/ More to the point, the egg not moving made everything that much more confusing. I have no idea what egg model is doing and you chose to record from its POV - if you'd have made it from Goku's POV, or just anyone with some animation so we can tell what's happening, it would have worked. If there is confusion, then people will start to doubt, and they will become anxious and unreasonable. Cell_Day with Goku and Vegeta -uncut- and you can't go wrong.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Lets end this discussion and get back on topic, which is that amazing Sprit Sun Sting so formidably named.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was able to recognise some pattern was going on, but I wasn't able to make out what. That egg showcase was far too confusing in general. First, you set it at night, which isn't the best choice considering the fact you wanted to show off the gameplay (that's hard to do if you can't see everything) Second, you made your character model an egg. I get that is the joke, but do you know how boring it is see an object not move as it beats someone up? Perhaps it isn't boring for you because you're apart of the team and you see this stuff *almost(?) everyday. It's not that it isn't flashy enough, it's that its not flashy at all :/ More to the point, the egg not moving made everything that much more confusing. I have no idea what egg model is doing and you chose to record from its POV - if you'd have made it from Goku's POV, or just anyone with some animation so we can tell what's happening, it would have worked. If there is confusion, then people will start to doubt, and they will become anxious and unreasonable. Cell_Day with Goku and Vegeta -uncut- and you can't go wrong.
Cell map was broken for me at that point, so i went with the second best choice. But the sky on that map made it really difficult to see anything in the distance, so i turned on my ESF 1.2.3 instinct and switched it to night, so the auras stick out more. Its the main reason why pros preffer dark skymaps in ESF.

Best answers
draw distance is short. the mountains are paper. the body of the model is somewhat deformed. problem is animation ? ( look_idle )

Best answers
Theres not gonna be a release until prob 2018 at most so potw are worthless

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom