Post something that would be considered acceptable in your country

Super Saiyan Yamcha
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The title suggests it, So here's mine

in Australia, it is perfectly acceptable to have beetroot on hamburgers :smile:

What are some things that people of different nationalities would find strange?

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's certainly is a weird combination.

In Romania we eat pizza with ketchup/seasoned tomato sauce on top.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea i also know the real meaning of the word "gay" before the bastardisation of the language.

In any case we have a special set of linquistic rules for the number 2. So we have singular, dual and plural in our language.

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
It's okay to be stupid in school, because everyone hates smart people(except when help is needed in exams or homeworks)

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea i also know the real meaning of the word "gay" before the bastardisation of the language.

In any case we have a special set of linquistic rules for the number 2. So we have singular, dual and plural in our language.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's nothing like a creamy gaytime. There's just something about being covered in nuts that makes one salivate. XD

Other Aussie factoids:

- We don't give or expect tips. We find the custom a strange symbol of social dysfunction. Tourism & hospitality are the exception - people in bars and fancy restaurants may tip, but it is generally earned and not expected. We have developed minimum wage laws that ensure employers pay their staff a livable wage rather than require the customers to supplement them.
- We like to end words with -o, -azza, or -acca regardless of whether it makes sense. And we speak fast. Shorten all the words! The fact we sometimes make the words longer is irrelevant.
- We don't always mean what we say nor say what we mean - Australians have developed a special lingo that is full of humour and imagery, designed to both shock and conceal in equal measure and it is always irreverent.
- When our voice inflection goes up at the end of a statement, we are not actually asking a question. And most questions are actually rhetorical. We also exaggerate by extreme understatement.
- A block of beer is considered a genuine and preferred form of currency/payment.
- Use of indicators whilst driving is apparently optional.
- We have a $2 coin. Our $1 coin is twice the size of our $2 coin.Our notes are brightly colour coded, and go (5, 10, 20, 50, 100). We no longer have 1 cent and 2 cent coins.
- You can go to see a doctor (GP) and not pay a thing.
- Inventing and embellishing outlandish wildlife to freak out foreigners is a favourite past time.
- We make a bong out of our garden hose rather than use it for something illegal such as watering the garden.
- We wear thongs on our feet. We also wear Ugg boots outside the house.
- Being barefoot is acceptable so long as one dresses like a surfer and not a stoner.
- We also have burgers with 'The Lot'
- We put tomato sauce on almost anything.
- We dip our french-fries in soft-serve icecream.
- The use of industrial waste from breweries to make a breakfast spread is not weird at all.
- We pronounce the H in H.
- A common sign on restaurants and parties is BYO - it means you bring your own booze. Apparently this is unique, I didn't realise until I asked around.
- We have a bank robber as a national hero.
- We say 'How's it going?' instead of 'What's up?'. Australians don't actually want to know how you are going. They just want you to say 'good', or anything short.
- Christmas is a time for seafood and sunstroke.
- Voting is compulsory, and you face a fine for not doing so. Having any political understanding, however, is optional, and is in fact discouraged.
- We wear sunnies all year round, even when it is cloudy.
- We have no emotional attachment to guns.
- We firmly believe supersized fruit is a sensible tourist attraction.
- We actually eat our native animals, even the ones on our national coat of arms.

Last edited:
Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its slack jaw. What else was going to happen when a largely uneducated and criminal population of peasants is dumped into the middle of nowhere? A lot of English commoners are hardly posh-sounding to begin with. XD

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's nothing like a creamy gaytime. There's just something about being covered in nuts that makes one salivate. XD

Other Aussie factoids:

- We don't give or expect tips. We find the custom a strange symbol of social dysfunction. Tourism & hospitality are the exception - people in bars and fancy restaurants may tip, but it is generally earned and not expected. We have developed minimum wage laws that ensure employers pay their staff a livable wage rather than require the customers to supplement them.
- We like to end words with -o, -azza, or -acca regardless of whether it makes sense. And we speak fast. Shorten all the words! The fact we sometimes make the words longer is irrelevant.
- We don't always mean what we say nor say what we mean - Australians have developed a special lingo that is full of humour and imagery, designed to both shock and conceal in equal measure and it is always irreverent.
- When our voice inflection goes up at the end of a statement, we are not actually asking a question. And most questions are actually rhetorical. We also exaggerate by extreme understatement.
- A block of beer is considered a genuine form of currency/payment.
- Use of indicators whilst driving is apparently optional.
- We have a $2 coin. Our $1 coin is twice the size of our $2 coin.Our notes are brightly colour coded, and go (5, 10, 20, 50, 100). We no longer have 1 cent and 2 cent coins.
- You can go to see a doctor (GP) and not pay a thing.
- Inventing and embellishing outlandish wildlife to freak out foreigners is a favourite past time.
- We make a bong out of our garden hose rather than use it for something illegal such as watering the garden.
- We wear thongs on our feet. We also wear Ugg boots outside the house.
- Being barefoot is acceptable so long as one dresses like a surfer and not a stoner.
- We also have burgers with 'The Lot'
- We put tomato sauce on almost anything.
- We dip our french-fries in soft-serve icecream.
- The use of industrial waste from breweries to make a breakfast spread is not weird at all.
- We pronounce the H in H.
- A common sign on restaurants and parties is BYO - it means you bring your own booze. Apparently this is unique, I didn't realise until I asked around.
- We have a bank robber as a national hero.
- We say 'How's it going?' instead of 'What's up?'. Australians don't actually want to know how you are going. They just want you to say 'good', or anything short.
- Christmas is a time for seafood and sunstroke.
- Voting is compulsory, and you face a fine for not doing so. Having any political understanding, however, is optional, and is in fact discouraged.
- We wear sunnies all year round, even when it is cloudy.
- We have no emotional attachment to guns.
- We firmly believe supersized fruit is a sensible tourist attraction.
- We actually eat our native animals, even the ones on our national coat of arms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f_p0CgPeyA

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yknow, now that you mention it, I don't recall ever meeting a Bruce XD

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Isn't there a law in shit countries like in the USA that if you go to ER without insurance but you are sick enough you don't pay anything?

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sounds like a universal human rights charter thing. And the US has a tendency to not actually ratify those.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Isn't there a law in shit countries like in the USA that if you go to ER without insurance but you are sick enough you don't pay anything?
I believe they patch you and then when you get home they mail you a bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom