Portal

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ive got to say, it might have been short but it was fun as hell (if you guys havent figured it out has been released, it has).

the puzzles are very well done. some have you jumping up in triumph and some have you going "well jesus, why didnt i think of doing that sooner..."

the sentry guns cracked me up.

all in all its definitely worth the money saving deal that you got it with. cool ending too.

now off to play through episode 2!!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
IT'S OUT??? ORANGE BOX IS OUT??? ****ING AWESOME!!! I'M SO GETTING IT ASAP!!!

Best answers
i would say this game is worthing playing through purely for the end credits. of course its also worth playing through purely for the dialogue in the game. of course its ALSO worth playing through for the awesome game play.

mmmm cake.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i would say this game is worthing playing through purely for the end credits. of course its also worth playing through purely for the dialogue in the game. of course its ALSO worth playing through for the awesome game play.

mmmm cake.
I've never been more motivated by a video game. "Cake? I am so ****ing there!" I really liked the character development of the computer too, it was just done so well.

And yes, the end credits were so awesome. The game was fun and all, but the credits were the best part of the whole thing, and the
atmosphere of testing where the testing computer is almost trying to kill you
was pretty cool too. I've done four of the challenge levels, and I'm working through the game again for all the commentaries now. There's some neat insight on the making of the game if you don't mind playing through again (it's quick the second time round because you've done it before).

I'll have to be sure to save at the credits this time, because they were just that good. One of the commentaries hinted that there might be another Portal game on the way.

Edit: Woot! Vanilla Crazy Cake!

Best answers
i hope theres another one with the same writing staff. Game play wise i wouldn't mind being able to use my portal gun on real live enemies, so much fun to be had with that :).

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cake.

That is all.

Edit:
Tolore, you probably can when the SDK comes out.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just beat it. Awesome game, amazing dialogue, and just very well thought through. And lord, the song at the end just cracked me up. The killer droids that said things like "No hard feelings", and "Are you still there?" were just funny characters. You could make a killing selling toys for those things with motion sensors that say things whenever you pass in front of them. I loved the whole "companion cube" challenge. All the things in that back room where a previous test subject had gone crazy was just creative.

And the computer itself is such a character. Whoever wrote the dialogue for this game knew how to instill both comedy and menace into a character that speaks monotone.

The final boss battle was also a blast. I loved how each piece you knocked off had a unique personality and said things frantically. The first one made me laugh when I had it by the incinerator and it said "Is something cooking?" XD

As far as gameplay though, I'd LOVE to see the Portal gun make it into HL2 Episode 3 somehow, but while this game REALLY made you think, a lot of it got repetetive...then again, I played it all in one sitting. Once you got used to the portals and what you could do with them, some of the fun ebbed a bit. I have to applaud the people at Valve for making this game so bug-free. I didn't run into any sort of error even once. If anyone's tried the "Exite" Half Life 2 Portal mod, you can understand why this impresses me. The mod crashed half the time I did anything. I was even more impressed by how the NPCs were smart enough to shoot at you through your own portal; I had to watch my back a few times when it came to that.

All in all though, this is a GREAT game. I'd love to see someone put the Portal gun into the actual Half Life series, or at least the Multiplayer. Multiplayer when you have the Portal Gun would add so much room for strategy that it would transform the FPS.

I'm gonna try out Episode 2 now. After all that thinking, I need to let loose and kill some Combine :D

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why didn't you pre-ordered o_O.
No...just walked into Best Buy and picked it up at about 1:00 today. Actually, I had to ask about it since it wasn't on the shelves yet. The guy just walked into the back and came back with it in his hand. Kinda' would've sucked if I HAD pre-ordered XD

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No...just walked into Best Buy and picked it up at about 1:00 today. Actually, I had to ask about it since it wasn't on the shelves yet. The guy just walked into the back and came back with it in his hand. Kinda' would've sucked if I HAD pre-ordered XD
Why would it have sucked? You get 10% off, and you can preload on Steam. Not to mention that we've all been playing TF2 for the past two weeks.

Plus I have some small feeling of satisfaction knowing that more of my money went to Valve, and not some retailer.

Best answers
hehe just beat it. mmm cake. ending credits are pure win. can't wait to see a portal2 or portal mods.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm about to be playing it. I can't wait. :D

Edit: Just beat it. The end credits almost made me fall out of my chair. I can't recall the last time I laughed like that.

I love what the main menu changed into after the credits finished. But DAMN, I can't get that out of my head. XD

Off to play (and beat) Episode Two now!

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Portal was incredibly great for how short it was, and it planted a smile on all day today.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
anyway to get the end credit song from the game...?

its just so awesome, i must have it on my ipod

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
18 requires some complex portal shooting, it's pretty intense. What part are you stuck at prozac?

And has anyone beaten level 13 in 10 steps or less? That is just impossible. Best I could pull off is about 14...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom