Pokemon X and Y

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Releases globally on Friday. Am I the only one who's legitimately suffering from longing pains and severe anxiety because of this game? It looks ******* amazing.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Releases globally on Friday. Am I the only one who's legitimately suffering from longing pains and severe anxiety because of this game? It looks ******* amazing.
Hahah, it certainly does look amazing, at least, from the trailers. Unfortunately for me, I don't have the required console to play it. :(

Ah well, I've never been a big Pokemon fan. I've tried, but I keep getting bored and leaving... :/

That doesn't stop me from noting that this game is pretty amazing. 3 cheers for Nintendo!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mega Blaziken and Mega Kagaskhan are broken.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wish I had a 3ds to play this, but I'm probably never going to get one. Plus I'm still working my way through Black/White and will probably never finish it.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can get a 2ds for 130 bucks here soon, if the 200 for an XL is a little too steep. I would honestly recommend it. There are some amazing games out for 3ds.

JTM

Formerly Fatality
Best answers
It's true the 3DS has the best library of games on the newer consoles. I might pick it up. The inner Pokemaster within me is calling. I'll probably just emulate it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can get a 2ds for 130 bucks here soon, if the 200 for an XL is a little too steep. I would honestly recommend it. There are some amazing games out for 3ds.
Yea, but in Israel everything, especially electronics, is 2 times the price.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So yeah, this game actually looks really good. I've had live streams of it running in the background pretty much all day yesterday and all night today and I've been watching the gameplay on and off. It looks really good, definitely a nice change from what was basically the same gameplay for over 10 years. I really like what they did with the camera changes during the battles, it reminds me of Pokemon Stadium.

someone buy me a 3ds D:

Super elite
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I need to buy a new Nintendo DS because the old one I use to have was thrown out. The flipper just broke and I don't know what just happen and I didn't break it, or probably slept on it. It was on my desk for the whole time back when I was 11 because I use to play games on it everyday back in 2007 to 2008. But I am glad that Nintendo are still selling out the (old and the new) travelling game devices and they're pretty cheap to buy.

Last edited:
Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That has literally nothing to do with this thread. I know I'm asking fire to be cool, but please don't spam.

Yeah dude, the game is awesome so far. It even has an interactive EV training system and minigames that you play with your pokemon. It's like they sat down with 10 year old me and asked what I would add to the game. First thing out of my mouth woulda been SUPERMEGAULTIMATE EVOLUTIONS WOOO!

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are there really only 2 new legendaries in this game?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, 3 technically. Yveltal and Xerneas. But both versions can also catch Zygarde (which is currently assumed will be a major plot point for the Z release). But you can catch the original legendaries as well, which were my personal favorite.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah I found out that there's a third a few hours ago. I think this generation has the fewest new legendary pokemon compared to all the others, which is honestly better than having a bunch of new ones like the other generations imo.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Nintendo got their shit together this gen is how I see it.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So X/Y is worth it? Should I forget about my B&W2 progress and trade up?

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Hmm. If the game+console isn't too expensive, I might be able to get this game, if it's good. Which it seems to be, reading Endre and Deverz's posts. :p

I've not played any actual Pokémon games on their respective consoles. I have always emulated them. So maybe this is my chance to go and actually play one the way it's meant to be played. :D

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So X/Y is worth it? Should I forget about my B&W2 progress and trade up?
I love it and do suggest getting it. There's something about seeing your pokemon in full 3d modelling that changes the entire game for me. I have actually been working on B/W 2 in order to get the legendaries and end game pokemon on it to my Pokemon X game.

But, that said, I'll do a quick unbiased review of it.

It's the basic Pokemon story. I won't give any spoilers, but you've really seen it before. Pokemon are your best friends and you can save everyone with them. There's also not as much end-game content as there was in the others. There's a decent amount, but end-game is seeming like it's pushing more towards doing online battling and trading. There's the megastone hunt, the legendaries to catch, and a battle institute at the final city to go through and master (which is actually pretty difficult since the institute uses player battle rules. No items or switching between pokemon after a knock out.) But as far as the online battling goes, it's probably the most in-depth it's ever been. Super training is great and it really extends the game. Pokemon-amie also plays a part in battling. The happier your pokemon is, the higher it's crit and dodge ratio.

It won't get to constant crit/avoidance levels, but it makes a difference.

But, that's really it for the downsides. It has a good blend of classic and newer pokemon and they did away with the classic grindfest with the new Exp Share, which I both like and dislike. It made all the gyms and elite 4 just a bit too easy for me, but it means you can juggle entire extra teams of pokemon while you're going through the story. I had about 18 pokemon up to level 70 by the time I finished the story-line. All starters included. One thing I like about B/W 2, despite not really liking the both of them, was that you felt underleveled the entire way through. That's not the case with this one, and that can be good or bad depending on what you're playing for. Makes it easy to get to end game online play, but it cuts out some of the potential content.

On the topic of starters, it's really easy to collect all of them. I traded for them on GTS for some haunters/gravelers. People who are stat prioritizing through breeding will use the duds to trade for harder to find pokemon, or the ones they're too lazy to go out and catch so the evolve-on-trade pokemon are gold right now. I got about 50% of my pokedex through just trading haunters.

So, in summary, it is a great game and will consume your soul. I'd totally recommend it. It's a much needed technological step and refreshes the entire series for me. Also, go watch Pokemon Origins.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
So, in summary, it is a great game and will consume your soul. I'd totally recommend it.
Ehm

Aren't "consuming your soul" and "great game" perhaps contradictory? ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom