Pokemon Gold and Silver Remakes

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just when you thought you couldn't possibly milk any more gameplay out of those 10-year-old Game Boy Color titles, Nintendo of Japan has confirmed that Pokemon Gold and Silver will be remade for the Nintendo DS. Renamed Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver, these new reboots to the venerable series are set to hit the streets of Japan this fall.

While there's very little information contained on the official Japanese Pokemon site regarding the content of the games, it's safe to assume that each title will receive a significant visual overhaul. We're expecting some cool new touchscreen features and new Pokemon to collect. This is one moneymaker that simply doesn't know when to quit.

Here's just a small slice of Gold's little gits.

There's currently no word on whether the Japanese versions of the games will be localized for other countries, but if we had to guess we'd say it's a dead cert.
Source: http://ds.gamespy.com/articles/980/980964p1.html

Say what you will, the old Pokemon games were fun.

I'd like to see a Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow remake, though.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There were RBY remakes for the GBA. The problem is with Pokemon is that it's going stale. There's only so many times that someone can become champion.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Honestly, I'm getting tired of pokemon. While the game's are good, all they can do is using the same storyline for every single game they create. Heck, even the new DS Platinum has almost the same storyline as all the other games. Can't they think of something new? Something interesting? This really starts to bore me you know?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If they did the remakes like they did with the New! Super Mario Bros, that would be a seller.

Would be cool if they keep the missing "indigo" glitch too. Would make a great easter egg ;p

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i doubt they will keep an error in an updated game seems gameshark is gonna have to make new codes xD they might just use the new pokemon game base code to make the game and alter it to make it silver and gold

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Once they milk this, I could see full on 3D games for the Wii.

I am still waiting for a Gotcha Force/Fighting game of Pokemon. RPG works well, but I would like to see more dynamic battles, like in real time. I've seen recent clips of the anime and movies, and they have a lot of powerstruggles between moves, so a game should reflect that. Or at least Kingdom Hearts style.

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
they already did the 3D gig of pokemon on the gamecube

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
they already did the 3D gig of pokemon on the gamecube
There were two of them. However, the Pokemon title on Wii was a complete let-down.

A Pokemon fighting game would pretty interesting. Something like SSB would work fairly nicely.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ya know.... I loved these games a long time ago. I may pick them up but.... Yellow was my favorite... I loved playing Surfing Pikachu

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The first two pokemon franchises had to be my most favorite. I'm definitely picking this up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom