Please Help!

Best answers
Okay I recently got ESF, and this is really my first time playing. . . but anyways I dont need help with gameplay its just some stuff wrong with when I play. Some examples :

1.) At the very bottom of the screen lies a black strip that goes straight across the bottom. Everything is in the right place, so its not like I need to adjust my screen. If I do, Everything moves but the Strip of black stays put.

2.) My friendwas talking to me during the game. . . .after a few seconds it went to a really wierd text. An example of what it looked like : [][]]] [[ ][][ ]][][ : ][][
It would go back to english after another few seconds pass but then it'd go back.

3.) When I was configuring the Installation, it came up with the things I wished to install with it like menu music, shortcut on desktop etc. Well I did in fact choose Menu Music. But for some odd reason the menu music does not play. Yes I have checked my speakers, and the other sounds work fine.

4.) The main menu has the exact same problem as #1 except the black strip is off to the right side of the screen, covering the text where it says Friends etc.

If anyone can help me with these problems it would be so greatfully appreciated :D I would like to become a fan of ESF but at the rate im going, doesnt look like its gonna happen. So please Help.

Best answers
I had the same problem. You are running in software mode. You gotta switch to OpenGL. Click on ESf then when it loads click options. Then click the video tab and where it says renderer it'll say software right under it and have an arrow click the arrow and switch to OpenGL. Then click appy and then ok and it will work it will make the game look a lot better too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ha, if I would of known you were playing software mode, I would of said it XD

Welcome to the forums BTW :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Welcome to the forums, we hope you enjoy your stay. :)

If you do eventually need gameplay help, don't be afraid to ask.

Best answers
I have a problem that i've heard of but have not heard a solution for.
When I Downloaded 1.2.3 I couldn't install it. I've heard it was because you need steam but I have that. I just can't seem to select a folder to install it in.

Best answers
you have to run half life once in steam (start the training mission then quit) then install esf

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom