Please help

Best answers
Three easy steps to my problem

1.Load half life go into custom games load up esf.

2.Join a server Start Playing.

3.Start getting good and shooting people then I start Lagging then i try to figure out the problem by pressing esc then it just exits half life.

Can someone solve this please i cant seem to move without having a lagg the size of america.

Best answers
God, i feel like im no help when i say this but w/e. lol:laff:

#1.Get Better Internet, if u already do, scratch this one.
2.Try lowering ur video settings. Resolution and the video mode, Software/Direct3D/OpenGL, (openGL for really good 3D cards, if ur not sure about ur 3D card and its 1337'ness, use openGL with caution)
3.Maybe delete unneeded programs, files u dont need. Get spyware remover programs. Thats usually what slows ur computer down. Close un'used background programs. Uninstall unused, or rarely used programs.
4.Use steam, if ur not already. <---This will solve all ur problems!
5.Ive said it before and ill say it again, try reinstaling the game. Like i mean, The Entire Game. Unless its just ESF, then just reinstall that.

Best answers
i dont have a opengll as far as i know in my last game Return to castle wolfenstein, that had a opengl123 or something. I dont use steam cause last time i used it it mucked up completeley and just didnt respond. I have a program to get rid of spy ware and adware its called, adware 6.0, although i think it creates adwares its self just to make the user think that the computer is still infected. And i just reinstalled the game just now and ill give i a go. Yesterday when i tried to get back into half life an error came up saying direct 6 or higher must be installed but i already have direct x 9.
Well i'll post back in a min

Best answers
Well im lagging again can anyone help please?
a gl perhaps?

Best answers
Well i thought id try steam again so i installed it then installed esf now its working fine a lil laggy but exellent compared to before but still getting my but kicked. See ya Thanks For the help Vegetto :yes:

Best answers
Well i try running esf through steam now it says video mode not supported it will now be changed to Software so i click ok but i keeps coming up.
And when i try to run esf through half life it doesnt work either it says Direct x 6 or higher must be installed but i have all direct x's installed including direct x9 Can someone please help?

Retired
Best answers
Well it never hurts to reinstall the direct X files and make sure to change your video mode to software. Plus make sure you read the rules of this forum you should not double post (ie don't post until some one else posts just edit what you said before if something changes before some one responds).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom